Bongsauce's new super cab! dual 150w Vertical hps + LED

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Bongsauce, Dec 9, 2011.

1. it is delicious!  How's things MrFlk?! all good I hope  :)

2. Things going well, not running anything at the moment.

I did put some seeds in paper towel today.

2 sour tangies, 1 dieselicious, 1 critical kush, 3 blue dream.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. nice dude. where's the blue dream from? I have some of DJ short's azure haze..which is basically blue dream. Great smoke...delicious.

I think I'm gonna order some og kush and critical mass soon...have you done any og from seed? I don't know which OG/breeder to pick :v/

4. #344 MrFlk, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    This BD is from Humboldt. I like og raskal but haven't done any of those. I had a headband from cali connect that hermed and og18 from reserva privada. I really liked the og18. Both of those were grown by my buddy because I didn't have space for them.

5. thanks dude...how were the flavors? I'm really looking for that heavy pinesol smell. I had a og kush once like that...tasted amazazing.

6. hi. I chopped 3 superskunk out of the dual hps cab last nite.

Biggest one looks to be about 13 inches tall.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wet weight on the 3rd one pictured was like 37.8g  so a conservative estimate on dry weight for that one plant should be like 7.5g  which is 20% of the original weight. That seems very good to me, the top plant probably yielded 50% more then the 3rd soooo...I got over a 1/4oz of one little plant that's about a foot tall. That's exceeding my original goals for this growbox.

aannnd I want to point out that these bulbs are at least a year old now. As mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm running dual 150w hps...but they're actually 250w hps dialed down to 150watts. I really think that's increasing bulb life by alot. I was using cheepo 150w hps bulbs at first and I would see much smaller buds after about 4 months, and would change them before 6 months was up.

These 3 superskunks were also shoved into the back corners of my cabinet, literally. They basically grew in the shade for the last 3 weeks....my other strains get pretty thin when they get tucked away like that..but the superskunk doesn't care, she grows huge buds no matter what lol.

This cab has been running really well with just the 10 hours of hps it gets each day. I supplement 1hour sunrise/sunset with a small 7w led bulb and it's workign great. I think I've been running it this way for almost a year now...it's logged in the thread somewhere.

I'll post dry weights in a few days.

:ph34r:

7. I would love to try a small grow box with led in the near future. And this design is stuck in my head every time I think about it.

8. I have another led panel on the way..from topled...one of the small reflector panels. The 3x 48. I'm gonna see how it does on one side of the cab. I kinda wanna take a break from vert and just run overhead lights with flood and drain for a bit.

9. I like what I've seen from led here in the city. Also where I live heat is always an issue so it'll help me keep cooler temps

10. #350 Bongsauce, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    yeh I've had great results with my mars2 700w and my friend has great results vegging under a reflector panel. I figured I'd try to flower under a reflector one to see how that goes...should be all good...3w leds, and I'll keep everything nice and close. lol one of the reasons I got the reflector style is the lower wattage and it's like 1" thinner.

11. #351 Bongsauce, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    welp, dry weights are in... I pulled 19.8 grams off those 3 plants.
    -------------------------

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so....19.8 / 3 = 6.6g per plant. I'm happy with that :)      I was looking through some old photos of when I first started running this strain and I was pulling like 3g a plant with cfl toplighting. It's nice to be able to look back and verify my progress.

hope everyone is having a greatday! 

if anyone reading is like "wow! buds!"  then you should read through my micro thread and start learning....anyone can do this if they put in the time. I started with just a gutted PC and a single cfl bulb in it with no fans...and forums like this one taught me everything I know!

12. Good lookin buds, indeed.

13. #353 Bongsauce, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    thanks bro..  :)

I've since chopped a single gdp that dried to 5 grams, and 2 lemonhaze crosses that dried to 10.8 combined. I thought I updated this thread already...might have deleted the pics..hmm. *found em.

Next up on the chopping block is a bunch of lemonskunks. I think maybe 7 or 8 of em...they look a little small though. I'll probably harvest those in the next day or 2.

Attached Files:

14. How long u veg/flower the lemonskunks? They look nice!

15. thanks alot man :) those are actually the lemonhaze crossed with blueberry. They turned out bushy, but pretty wispy buds.

Everything I flower in those little black containers gets put into flower when it's about 3" tall. Give or take an inch depending on strain...it's the Dr budgreengenes method of high density sog with no veg.

16. I almost did that type of setup but realized I'd have to wait for the clones to root to fill the smaller pots up or buy them so it just came down to cost. If I had the money I'd be running like 4 or more strains same way you're doing.

17. Hi.

I chopped down a single mango last nite:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm gonna guess 6g dried. I'll post dry weight in a few days. This stuff smells so delicious..sweet and spicy with a definitive hazy smell.
    I still have like 7 lemonskunks to chop and another dozen mangos will be ready in 2 weeks.

After that, or maybe before, I'm gonna throw a 100w led panel on the left side and compare top lighting led vs 150 hps vertical. Wattage won't be the same but I'll balance out the math and get it all figured. I have this brand new led panel sitting here that needs to do some work. :smoke:

hope everyone is doing well :hippie:

18. So many harvest, that's the beauty of sog. Haven't ruled out this idea for a future project

19. yeh it keeps me busy man, but I always have smoke.. I'd prefer harvesting like every 2-3 weeks though..drying stuff all the time stinks up my house.

I ended up pulling 11.5 off that mango. I was way off...the buds were alot more dense then the last harvests. I still have to cut down the lemonskunks and more mangoes. Hopefully tonite...then I get to do some remodeling on the cab in the next few days. I'll be replacing the left hps with a 100w led panel and reconfiguring the drain tray. I'm kinda excited to make a change in this cab...

:bongin:

20. #360 Bongsauce, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    Hi.  :hello:

I just chopped 9 lemonskunks out of the vert cab. One or 2 that were tucked in the back were pretty small. They're superfrosty!  :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

even these buds down by the coco get as dense as the tops...
    [​IMG]

this top looks very similar to my gdp's structure...
    [​IMG]
    -----
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lemonskunk...this stuff smells and tastes so good. This pheno is a slightly lower yielder but the potency is pretty high...and the flavor is pretty amazing.

It's probably like an ounce and a half...I still have a dozen mangoes to chop too. Hopefully they yield similar to the last one! I think they're @ 10 weeks right now...getting a little color.

:bongin:     free bonghits for anyone who comments!  :smoke:    lol