Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need some recommendations...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Carotene, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Bit of a long story, so bear with me. I'll add a tl;dr at the bottom, though.

Anyway, first of all, I'm not a smoker. I've never smoked anything in my entire life. I've always been incredibly anti-drug. I have, however, taken Vicodin for a while. Without prescriptions, because I've never had insurance. I wouldn't buy it illegally, I would get it from my family. My mom had surgery and had some leftover, or my brother got his wisdom teeth taken out, etc.

But they make me feel gross. Codeine, Vicodin; those painkillers really don't help. Vicodin more so, but not enough.

Second, I have severe pain in my left arm, lower back, and joints. The arm is unrelated to the back and joints, its from an injury when I was a child (5 years old) and has been affecting me ever since (I'm 22 now). On top of that, I have severe social anxiety. I literally CANNOT go outside alone, unless I'm away from people. I can take the trash out or walk to the store (at night), but I can't do more than that. I can't get a job because I can't go to the interview, blahblahblah.

Now, as I said before, I've always been anti-drug, including anti-marijuana. Up until about four days ago when I really, really, REALLY started to research it. I heard some miracle stories from some friends, and I really think this is what I need.

But I'm scared. I don't really know what to do, how to go about getting it, or if the doctor will think I'm just a kid looking for a fix. Like I said, I haven't been to the doctor since I've never had health insurance. I just got insurance now, though, so I'm thinking of going in... but it's through my dad's work. My dad will literally disown me if he finds out about any of this, regardless of what it's for; regardless if it helps.

So, namely, my questions are:

1. What strain should I go for? What will help both severe pain AND severe anxiety/depression?

2. Should I just go talk to my dad's regular doctor about this or should I find another doctor? I'm going into the doctor soon this month to talk about the pain.

3. I just told my younger brother about this and he told me that he smoked before. He offered to get me some to try, and I said yes. His friend has his MMJ card and he'll get him some for me. Should I try, even if it's illegal, without the card? Either way, I'm going to do it AFTER I talk to the doctor, because I don't want to have him needing a urine sample for something and see that there's THC in it. (I'm going in for a much-needed check up and to talk about the pain).

Anyway... I'm just pretty nervous/worried/scared, and my anxiety in general really isn't helping.

Thanks a lot, guys, and I'm sorry about the length... and the rambling.

tl;dr: Best strain for severe pain/depression/anxiety, and should I talk to my dad's doctor that he'll be taking me to sometime this month about a card or should I get my own? (note, my insurance is through him. I'm pretty new to this lol)

Oh, and hello everyone. :)

P.S. (Don't hate on me, please. I promise I'm not judging. Honestly, I'm not even anti-marijuana anymore. After what I've read about it, I've come to conclude that it really is better than these synthetic drugs. People don't overdose or die from it).

2. See your dads Doctors, and build up a diagnosis and treatment history
    (btw, you can't get Vicodin without seeing a DR so your story smells fishy)

No records, no recommendation...

it is that simple...

YOU DO NOT QUALIFY WITHOUT A MEDICAL *HISTORY OF AT LEAST ONE OF YOUR STATES QUALIFYING CONDITIONS.

Not being a dick about it, just blunt.

* If you have a Doctors medical diagnosis, then you've been to the Doctors, been treated, and that is a medical history. This doesn't mean go to a Dr and tell that Dr you got a long history of pain and expect a rec when you leave 10 minutes later...DIAGNOSIS take a bit more than that.

3. I know it was long, so you probably didn't read it fully and were just skimming, but I clearly stated how I got the Vicodin. It wasn't through a prescription, it was from my family members when they got it from THEIR prescriptions. Leftover from when they were done with it. Not legal, but at least I wasn't going through a dealer or something.

And what I'm asking is, should I talk to that doctor about it? I'm not looking to go to one of the places whose main purpose is to give these cards out without even doing a check up; I want to actually talk to a doctor. I'll talk to him about the Vicodin and explore other options. I'm just worried he'll tell my dad about it or something, I guess.

And again, you're misunderstanding me. I don't want to go in, talk for 10 minutes, and leave with a recommendation. I want to suggest it to him and explore the option. I'm not looking for a high, and that's how you're treating me.

If you would've read the whole post clearly you would've known that I stated that as well. I'm only looking for something to help with all my symptoms. And, while I've never tried it, what it's supposed to do does clear up all of them. Pain, depression, anxiety, and eating problems (stomach pain in the morning, didn't list that earlier).

One more thing. What exactly do you mean by "fishy"? I'm not asking for any hookups, I'm not trying to get anyone to reveal anything. How could this be fishy in any way shape or form? Also, the "recommendation" I meant in the title was for which strain I should use. I probably should have worded that different, I just recognized it now.

4. hmm, sorry missed that part...from the anti drug claim at the beginning I hadn't thought you'd take other peoples rx meds... my bad.:eek:

Fishy as in there are parts not matching up... the first was my mistake on rx meds without seeing a Dr, you just took other peoples prescriptions illegally.;)

Second is no medical history of seeing a dr until 22...never saw a dr as a kid for something that has caused you pain, since an accident you had, when 5 years old???:confused:

Sorry, like I said, not being a dick, just blunt.:cool:

See the Dr, get the blood test, get the urine test..'Dad' can't get any info from the Dr or the insurance on results nor diagnosis (and the test do not say "marijuana junky test" anywhere on the billing related paperwork, MOF most don't test for mj, unless they tell you up front they are, they can't DT you, they are looking at blood counts and for certain types of cells/germs/chemical-traces that are indicators of illnesses), YOU ARE AN ADULT and your records are not for anyone elses eyes unless you say it is OK....HIPAA has been around for some time, most people have heard of it.

Good luck on getting relief. :D
    On the mj, sativa has an 'up' effect, while indica has a medicinal effect, most people seem to like a hybrid of 60/40 indica/sativa mix (or stronger indica) for pain relief. Sativa can help anxiety, but I've heard of it triggering it in some people (always sounds more like a paranoia issue than anxiety/panic being the cause). ;)
    Lots of threads out there, on strains, but anyone can name a sack of buds what ever they want...unless you grew it (or it's a dispensary purchase) then you have no real idea what strain it is.:wave:

5. Well, I do have medical records of when I was, I don't know... 10 or 12? But since then I haven't really gone to the doctor's, and certainly not for that. It's always been "it'll be too expensive" blahblahblah. So I've just been used to dealing with it.

But, I DID break that arm, so I have those records. There's no true records of "complications". There is an obvious twist to my bone that you can see, though. Blatantly obvious. That is what is causing me pain, so I'm sure that'll be somewhat of a helper.

Anyway, yeah, I know what you mean lol. Sorry about that. I should've made it clearer up front. I did take them illegally from a family member's prescription. I didn't steal them or anything, though. They willingly gave them to me.

Thanks for the advice and help. :D And for the luck. I have another question though, if you don't mind...

I should still probably wait until after the doctor's visit to try marijuana for the first time, right? My brother is going to be getting some for me, but I figured I'd probably wait until after I see the doctor. But if wouldn't really matter... should I try it first before I bring it up?

6. I'm not a Dr but know that a few puffs has never doen anyone harm.
    ..worst case, you get nothing the first time (it happens)
    ..typical case, you get high for about 4 hours...(maybe even the munchies ;))
    ..best case, you get a lot of relief and feel good for awhile, even after the high is gone.

Grannies sticky at teh top of the forums has lots of info in it...worth looking into.:wave: