So, you’re a Statist that hates Capitalism? Well, since you do not like the Free Market or Voluntary Interaction, please kindly do the following:
1. Do not buy a desktop or laptop computer (Microsoft or Apple)
2. Do not hang out at the mall.
3. Do not watch or buy a television, which is developed and produced by a private company as well as basic cable being sustained via advertising.
4. Do not shop online
5. Do not use air conditioning
6. Do not buy food from a grocery store or supermarket
7. Never go to Wal Mart or any “big box” store for anything.
8. Do not invest on the stock market
9. Do not go to the movies.
10. Do not buy U/L inspected products.
11. Do not buy any form of private insurance (be it health, fire, personal property, etc.)
12. Do not download any music or buy any CDs
13. Do not listen to any private radio stations
14. Do not buy an ATV, motorcycle, or motor vehicle
15. Do not use any rest rooms in any store or mall
16. Do not apply to any private College or University
17. Do not take online courses
18. Do not buy or rent any home built or inspected by a private company
19. Do not buy any products made, produced, or assembled in China, Japan, Taiwan, or any foreign nation.
20. Do not buy gasoline for your motor vehicle
21. Do not use the services of FedEx or UPS
22. Do not buy apps for your iPhone
23. Better yet, do not use or buy any type of Cell Phone or Tracphone.
24. Do not use any drugs developed by any major brand name Corporation
25. Do not hire the services of a private attorney or detective
26. Do not donate to private charity (Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, etc)
27. Do not save money or take out a loan from any private financial institution
28. Do not use any form of private credit card or debit card
29. Do not work for a private employer
30. Do not use a private newspaper to advertise or coordinate a trade
31. Do not read any books written and published by private authors and publishers
32. Do not wear or buy clothes that have been produced by a private brand name company
33. Do not listen to weather reports by The Weather Channel or a news station
34. Do not seek medical help from a veterinarian or private Charity hospital
35. Do not apply for a job with benefits or a salary above the legislated minimum ($7.25/ hour).
36. Do not purchase heating oil or wood to keep warm in winter
37. Do not use self-help books or operation manuals for products
38. Do not mow your lawn with a lawnmower
39. Do not play any sports that use footballs, soccer balls, basketballs, or any protective equipment
40. Do not use a refrigerator to freeze food or keep it cool.
41. Do not use an oven or a grill to boil, grill, bake, or deep fry food.
42. Do not use an artesian well drilled by a company.
43. Do not play any video games and do not buy an Xbox 360, PS3, or any entertainment console
44. Do not buy any jewelry mined, shipped, assembled, or sold by a private business.
45. Do not buy or use glasses, contacts, or any form of corrective lenses
46. Do not watch any films produced by a Hollywood company
47. Do not wear braces or retainers to correct orthodontic problems.
48. Do not use a watch or clock to keep the time
49. Do not use a cord or cordless phone
50. Do not eat in restaurants that are privately operated
51. Do not go to private charity or religious organizations for assistance.
52. Do not go to Disney World, Disney Land, or any amusement park
53. Do not ride roller coasters or any amusement rides
54. Do not use a bicycle
55. Do not buy any form of solar panels or “green energy” developed by a corporation.
56. Do not go to a hairdresser, nail salon, or spa.
57. Do not use fertilizer or a roto-tiller, or use genetically altered seeds.
58. Do not buy or use video cameras or engage in any form of photography
59. Do not earn any of your wealth by producing a good or service that individuals value
60. Do not bitch and moan about the unintended consequences of government intervention in the health care, financial, drug, energy, or transportation industries.
The fact is, we earn the lifestyle we expect. Without the mechanisms of the market and the division of labor, our lifestyles would be totally different and much harder. America would be a third world country. The less we are free to prosper, the less we get in return. Americans are very free today. We are ranked 6th out of 141 countries in economic freedom. Iran and Zimbabwe are 107th and 141st. The Statists are lying when they say that the free market does not work and that we need more State control of our lives. They wish weaken our division of labor and our way of life. So the next time you object to Capitalism and mutually beneficial exchange and bemoan it as “greed”, “evil”, and “only benefiting the rich”,
keep this quote in mind…
“The record of history is absolutely crystal clear. That there is no alternative way, so far discovered, of improving the lot of the ordinary people that can hold a candle to the productive activities that are unleashed by a free enterprise system…The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus.”
- Milton Friedman
Login to Account Create an Account
60 Things NOT To Do If You Hate The Free Market
Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:44 PM
- Mirvs and nug thug like this
Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:55 PM
Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:21 PM
Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:46 PM
Government does not innovate, they hamper innovation with strict regulatory control so that only those industries that lobbied for regulatory control of their respective industries may thrive.
More picking of winners and losers.
I am sorry but I would have to disagree look at the early 1900's all the way to the 1920's.
Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:03 PM
62.) Don't invent anything and profit or share it.
63.) Don't engage in charity - investing/trading time and resources
64.) Don't donate anything - It's not your job to decide who needs/deserves what
65.) Don't have sex - Oh yeah, if people aren't responsible enough to spend their money they definitely aren't responsible enough to decide who to trade chromosomes with.
It's always more beneficial to leave the heavy decisions up to someone who has never met you, doesn't know a thing about you, your strengths or weaknesses, doesn't care about you and has an ulterior motives that revolve around themselves. What could possibly go wrong?
Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:23 AM
Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:32 AM
Most people, when they talk about "free markets" are describing the kind of market where they feel they would have the most advantage. It's a bullshit term guys. You say the market should be free for people to profit rampantly at the expense of the poor and ignorant, and I say that it should be free such that those poor and ignorant have alternatives by which they can sustain thier needs without being degraded and commodified.
Freedom, always, is a matter of degree. While your list is delightfully hyperbolic, I just don't see how it says anything at all that's persuasive about the degree of freedom we want in our markets and for what cause. More like a political ad aimed at the lowest common denominator than an articulation of any kind of theory or prescription for making any kind of change.
I dunno about these silly threads. I just don't know. If you guys are the politically active youth, then I am seriously afraid for not just the country, but the whole world.
Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:41 AM
Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:42 AM
102 Things NOT To Do If You Hate Taxes | Addicting Info
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users