Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How long does it take for alcohol to absorb THC?

• Please log in to reply

Floydian

Floydian

Tacos

• Old School
  • 6,447 posts
Out of curiosity, how long does it take for alcohol to absorb all the THC you put in to it? I ask for two reasons; A friend of mine wants to salvage pipe res by soaking the piece in alcohol then evaporating the alcohol with a hair dryer (btw, anyone know if THAT would work?)... of course no one could say how long exactly it will take because it depends on how much res is in it I'm sure, but like does it absorb it fairly instananeously, or should it sit over night, etc?

Help appreciated :)
  • BONGZILLA420 likes this

ILoveBuds

ILoveBuds

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
you might wanna search this up under "green Dragon" and then youll find out. I believe you should keep the bud in a bottle of something over 40 percent ina cool dark place for about 3 weeks.
later.

Love & Loyalty

Love & Loyalty

ATHEIST

• Old School
  • 528 posts

but like does it absorb it fairly instananeously, or should it sit over night, etc?

Ha! Probably more along the lines of three weeks to a month, if not longer. Remember, the higher the proof liquor, the better the extraction.

ILoveBuds

ILoveBuds

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
i submitted mine 1 miinute or second befor you lol.
later.

Floydian

Floydian

Tacos

• Old School
  • 6,447 posts
I've made Green Dragon before, I don't know why I didn't even think of that during the making of this thread. But I guess that would imply alcohol in a bong actually wouldn't be that bad? And are ya sure the alcohol may not absorb thc from pipe res faster than from bud, since it's more concentrated?

By the way, it's 70% rubbing alcohol..

Johnny Chronic

Johnny Chronic

Got Kush???

• Registered Upgraded
  • 145 posts
Sounds like you are trying to make some Tincture, if that is the case then you need to buy something with a high alcohol content, the higher the alcohol the better extraction you will get. When your mixing the weed and alcohol together make sure you shake it up real good Close the jar tightly and vigorously shake for five minutes then return to the freezer. Continue to agitate the mixture every few hours with refreezing. Continue for a period of two to three days.

Pour the cold mixture through a double thickness of sterile cheesecloth. Save the cheesecloth "ball" for topical uses or use the material to make bud butter once dried. The liquid collected through the cheesecloth should then be filtered twice through a paper coffee filter. Use gloves throughout the process, as it is necessary to squeeze the cheesecloth and coffee filters to facilitate the extraction. Without gloves some of the material will be absorbed on the skin.

If Everclear is used the tincture will be pale green to golden. If 151 rum is used an amber tincture results. Dark green tinctures mean that excess plant material is present. This does not mean that the tincture will not be potent, just taste nasty. When Everclear is used, various flavor extracts may be added (vanilla, raspberry, etc.). Be careful to use only a few drop of flavor extract. Once done store away for about 2-3 weeks and it should be all good

Floydian

Floydian

Tacos

• Old School
  • 6,447 posts

Sounds like you are trying to make some Tincture, if that is the case then you need to buy something with a high alcohol content, the higher the alcohol the better extraction you will get. When your mixing the weed and alcohol together make sure you shake it up real good Close the jar tightly and vigorously shake for five minutes then return to the freezer. Continue to agitate the mixture every few hours with refreezing. Continue for a period of two to three days.

Pour the cold mixture through a double thickness of sterile cheesecloth. Save the cheesecloth "ball" for topical uses or use the material to make bud butter once dried. The liquid collected through the cheesecloth should then be filtered twice through a paper coffee filter. Use gloves throughout the process, as it is necessary to squeeze the cheesecloth and coffee filters to facilitate the extraction. Without gloves some of the material will be absorbed on the skin.

If Everclear is used the tincture will be pale green to golden. If 151 rum is used an amber tincture results. Dark green tinctures mean that excess plant material is present. This does not mean that the tincture will not be potent, just taste nasty. When Everclear is used, various flavor extracts may be added (vanilla, raspberry, etc.). Be careful to use only a few drop of flavor extract.

Thats an awesome short-guide man ;) but actually, it's my buddy who's tryin' to do this, and he doesn't intend on drinking the thc-saturated-alcohol, he's gonna evaporate it (with a hair dryer, or letting it sit) and then take the res and smoke it. Also, he's not using weed, he's usin pipe res... he wants to just throw a pipe in a bag'o'rubbing alcohol.

Johnny Chronic

Johnny Chronic

Got Kush???

• Registered Upgraded
  • 145 posts

Thats an awesome short-guide man ;) but actually, it's my buddy who's tryin' to do this, and he doesn't intend on drinking the thc-saturated-alcohol, he's gonna evaporate it (with a hair dryer, or letting it sit) and then take the res and smoke it. Also, he's not using weed, he's usin pipe res... he wants to just throw a pipe in a bag'o'rubbing alcohol.

Hmm I dont know about that method, but with mine you dont drink it you get a drip thing and all you have to do is take a few drops underneath your tongue and that will kick in very nicely. Tell your friend good luck

metalstonerking

metalstonerking

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,437 posts
Your signature is wrong.. bongs are not better.

Floydian

Floydian

Tacos

• Old School
  • 6,447 posts

Your signature is wrong.. bongs are not better.

Never said they were, said they were your friend lol. I just like bongs, better or not.

caliguy

caliguy

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Has anyone else tried this method of making a tincture? I'm wondering how it works since its so much shorter of a time that you have to wait than if you make it using the warm method, anyways I am trying it now so I guess I will see if it works in a few days.

averageman1319

averageman1319

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
it only takes a few minutes for the alcohol to dissolve the THC. after that, you're just getting more plant matter

FUMANCU

FUMANCU

• Registered Upgraded
  • 282 posts
I wouldnt go blowen on alcohol with a dryer.Alcohol is real flamibale and you cant see the flame when it burns.A hair dryer has a coil in it that can get red hot.

caliguy

caliguy

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

it only takes a few minutes for the alcohol to dissolve the THC. after that, you're just getting more plant matter

By this do you mean that if you put ground up weed in alcohol that you could drink the alcohol within a few minutes and get the effect of the weed?

Serious Eric

Serious Eric

• Users Awaiting Validation
  • 302 posts
my friend puts all his stems and small bits of shake and shit in a tequila bottle, and at the end of the year we all take a shot. i hate tequila, but this tastes great and we all nearly pass out everytime! it's a good way to use stems for something. but a year is a long time, you'd probably extract all thc into the alcohol within a few months i pressume.

E

devilman2075

devilman2075

• Users Awaiting Validation
  • 789 posts
this thread is titled wrong and everyone is giving wrong answers.

from what i understand your trying to clean his pipe and get the res. im not sure how long it will take but id say do it naturally and just let it evaporate. or you can pur the alcohol through coffee filters and strain out the res from the rubbing alcohol, let that dry, maybe rinse it off with water first then enjoy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users