The official "Ron Paul Hate Thread"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LSYouTiger, Dec 3, 2011.

1. I do research and follow where the info leads me.
    YOU on the other hand could just address my specific points with real concrete answers as opposed to throwing out a pile of authors for me to read.
    Is this YOU trying to impress all the GC readers with your massive intellect?
    (man I've read 10 different books on economics!)
    I would be more impressed with hard factual answers.

Freedman's theories are what tanked Chile in the eighties , are they not?

You talk about us using silver coins.
    Nice little fantasy.
    HOW DO YOU EXPECT IT TO HAPPEN??
    easy to say, harder to do.

You RP faithful need to come up with REAL explanations instead of just blowing hot air up my ass with hypothetical, "what if's".
    This isn't an episode of Star wars, this is real world, and we are in deep shit.

Some of RP's solutions SUCK! Some are not so bad.
    I like several of his positions.
    Defense, perfect
    Foreign, perfect
    Fed, they need to be fixed but what is the answer

So far no one has anything concrete to say about why his economic policies are not WRONG!

2. his religious views trouble me as well. as an atheist i have had to reconcile a few things. some of these issues chief among them. and this is what i have found.

evolution: he did not say that he does not believe that evolution is real. what he said was "he believes in a single creator of the universe. how and in what matter it was created is unprovable. and is really secondary to policy issues (paraphrased). and he is right. it is not the business of government to force you to accept creationism, nor is it there business to force you to accept evolution.

abortion: you got that one, but i don't think it is the big deal that you think it is. he is personally against abortion, but a lot of people are. but, not every person that is against abortion acknowledges that prohibitions solve nothing not every state will outlaw abortion...in reality only a handful would. couldnt you see the border town businesses popping up overnight? hell i would market a limo service..or ride share, just like airport shuttle services and cash in. hell get one of those buses that has a bar on it and double down!!

i agree with him whole heartedly about the homepathic/herbal remedies. now i am not suggesting, and neither is he, that you can cure a brain tumor with weeds (unless it is weed) but for pallative care and for lesser conditions herbal remedies are just as effective and in a lot of cases safer. Tylenol kills how many thousands of people each year?? how many people do herbal anti-inflamatories kill??

as an avowed atheist his personal religious beliefs do concern me...but he is the only religionist in the race that has point blank said that "freedom of religion MUST extend to atheists as well" and given his record, i am inclined to believe him.

3. "mmj dispensaries are forming a cartel together with local and state governments" this I would need to see a link to an article about the "government/mmj dispensaries cartel". This sounds like conspiracy theory 101.

Without some regulations the mmj stores can open next to the McDonalds or the local schools or rip off consumers.
    Without "building codes" the building can just burn down due to inadequate electrical work.
    Your regulation free world will have many problems, which is why we made the regulations to begin with!
    This is just a fantasy you RP faithful are believing.

The original crazy post was stating that regulations were keeping mom and pops from becoming mega corps. That was what I was looking for an example of.

Your example is about mom and pops competing against mom and pops.
    City regulation on zoning and building codes, do not a "cartel" make.
    The "cartel" you speak of is still a conspiracy theory until I see a link to something more believable that your flapping gums.

AND while you are at it, explain what is saving the mom and pops from Walmart, with all regulation gone??
    Free market will just dissolve them.

competition does not make the stores pop up, DEMAND for the product does!
    They probably don't need to be next to the school though. Pesky zoning regulations.
    AND the local dispensary is going to go out of business when walmart starts selling weed!
    all those independent dispensaries, all that hard work gone in an instant, due to NO regulation to stop walmart.

This is a sad utopia you RP faithful have in mind!!

Libertarian talking point, alert!
    AND you managed to get "stabilized prices" and "hard currency" in the same sentence! good job.
    Still just Libertarian speak! Sounds great but how can it possibly happen?
    If RP wants to implement "hard currency" what's his plan to implement that??
    He must have one or we call it a "pipedream"

4. It should be noted that I AGREE with garrison 68!
    Please note the time and date.

5. #45 wataytay69, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
  6. Fuck Ron Paul.

7. #47 Mr Info, Dec 3, 2011
    1) So passing unbalanced budgets will magically fix things? I don't think so. Since when is being unbalanced a good thing?

2) Let's see, where has raising the debt ceiling gotten us? Oh yeah, more debt! Why do we have so much debt? simple, the Federal Reserve, the more they print the more debt we're in. Since when does debt printing good for the economy? With the current way we have gone, continually raising the debt ceiling we already HAVE gotten down graded.

3) Ending the Federal Reserve, what do we replace the Fed with? Simple nondebt currency. Like the greenbacks. Lincoln did it didn't he? He was able to do extraordinary things with his currency that was printed without debt.

And whats different? At the current rate the Fed is printing money like theres no tomorrow! Inflation is rampant within our currency.

EDIT: And with their continuous printing WE get taxed to pay for it! It goes like this, "We need more money in the system." "lol ok let's print more, and get the tax payers to pay for the debt we charge for printing their money." "Lol, ok bro."

4) I'm not sure about you, but here in Florida I am seeing more and more tolls, with higher tolls but no work. Where's my money going? Nothing is happening! My money gets taken to use a public road and then no work is done on the road... That's real productive.

For gas prices, nothing is every immediate in politics. Wether you are trying to save the US, or take it over in a fascist you cannot walk in and expect to change things overnight, not even in a 4 year span. However it can help.

And for all the troops that would come back, I'm sure these are the guys that would love to start their own businesses. These guys are trained in their jobs. Now i'm not saying that all of them will, but I mean I'm sure a lot of them will. Mechanics starting their own garages, stuff like that. I mean have you ever been in a base? Those things are mini cities. Everything you need is in those things. I'm sure the workers in those would love to start their own business. A lot of their money is pocket money. At least for those who live on base.

8. #48 FenceWalker, Dec 3, 2011
    Personally, I'm glad to see this thread. If there is an appreciation thread where we keep saying "stop trolling it", folks that don't like RP should have their own thread where RP fans don't troll it up. Seems fair to me. :smoking:

Since you asked for opinions though, I'll give ya a few minutes to answer some of your questions. ;)
    To override a presidential veto, it requires 2/3 of both the house and the senate. If they can muster up that kind of support for a vetoed bill, than more power to them.
    There are several versions of the gold standard that could be reimplemented. Bottom line is money that is backed by hard currency of some kind. Don't think it would work? Did just fine until 1971. Some of us are old enough to actually remember when money was backed by hard currency.
    See above.
    Actually, while a portion of the gas tax is used for road repair, the majority is paid for with general sales taxes and property taxes. The rest of the taxes collected per gallon of gas is used for "deficit reduction" (how's that working out?), mass transit and leaking underground storage.
    Have a read of a book called 'Asphalt Nation'. It's pretty interesting.

As for the dept. of education, yes they hand out money. They also attach conditions to handing out that money which in reality gives them the power to control curriculum. Having 4 children who are going through (one has graduated) the public school system, I can state that I have yet to find a teacher who is a fan of this department and the stick they hold over the schools, such as the no child left behind act, which good, solid, years under their belt teachers say as a curse word. Ron Paul is not the first to call for this department to go away, I remember Ronald Reagan did as well.
    And again, before 1979, when this version of the ED was born, schools seemed to be getting along just fine. ;)

As to your opinion on home schooling, statistics tend to show you are mistaken:
    I'm not addressing those points you didn't seem to have any questions about, because this is the "Ron Paul Hate Thread", so you're free to hate on him all you want, but since you asked questions, I thought I would try my best to answer some of them.

9. i dont hate ron paul... he's just wrong almost every time he says something.

10. Who has time to watch a 3 hr video?

11. ron paul supporters.

since they dont have to deal with work, school, or a social life. thus having unlimited time to jerk off to youtube videos of ron paul.

12. [quote name='"mbfm"']

ron paul supporters.

since they dont have to deal with work, school, or a social life. thus having unlimited time to jerk off to youtube videos of ron paul.[/quote]

i support Ron Paul, work at a university, take classes and have a social life.

so that is a false statement

13. i go to school, work, and have a social life, and still manage to find time to jerkoff to ron paul video's. Its called not being a worthless piece of society. maybe rp supports just have far more initiative in life then you?:smoke:

14. ron paul supporters also like to lie on the internet about their lives because it makes them not feel so depressed about reality.

15. Why Veterans Love Ron Paul - Technorati Politics

I'm sure veterans and active-duty military fit into this category as well?

16. agreed

it's so much easier to just get talking points from Chris Matthews than learn something from a video..

17. Oooo we're getting more personal now :smoking:

18. when you present an Obama supporter with anything that makes them think.. it usually results in a personal attack.
    Thinking takes effort..

19. Libertarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I understand it, of the main reasons people are concerned about the libertarian philosopy, is that they think humans are too dumb to look after themselves without multiple stringent guidelines being in place, and that any less control will result in the entire world turning into a scene from Deliverance:)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj4LnfkdJDM"]Squeal Like A Pig (Deliverance) - YouTube[/ame]

20. here's the problem..

so many people are just flat out dumb and need to be directed as far as what they should eat, how they should invest their money, how they should educate their children, what products they should buy etc..

so smart people get frustrated because they can't have the freedom they deserve, because of the stupid people.

there are actually people out there who think that life could not function without big government showing them the way..