The official "Ron Paul Hate Thread"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LSYouTiger, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Somebody doesn't understand what the repeal of legal tender laws means.

2. straight out of one of your "FED obsessive" posts. do I have to go find it?

to let the free market determine what currency should be used in the US.
    Be it gold coins or saudi riyads.

How is this determination going to happen unless you open it up to the free market, the population.

tell me.
    lay it out in plain English that even we the financially ignorant can understand.

3. my my, how far you guys have come in such a short time....aaronman would be proud!!!

liberty and free markets FTW

4. Once you repeal federal legal tender laws, the floodgates have opened.

Any state that intends to impose it's own legal tender laws will fuck itself so hard into bankruptcy that it is ridiculous.

Currency mandated by law cannot compete with freedom to choose other currencies, thus why it's use is forced by law.

5. yes

yes

no it wont

No? nothing will need an official seal. Any busineses can accept any currency they chose. It'll all be valid.

no rules about this at all really

no... well technically yes. but those would be ineffective currencies in general, only allowed at that particular story or state etc. basically what we desire is letting anyone give another person anything for a product, that they both agree upon. hell, acorns could be used if they wanted. they probably wouldn't but still. people or groups could create currencies and when they gain strength they will be accepted at more and more places.

that way, the currencies will fight for business and desire to be strong and stable, and people will chose the best currency. It keeps the strength up through competition.

why not? what is the difference...

right...

not really. just that the two people or groups involved in the exchange do so voluntarily and accept the currency for the product.

there ya go

6. Why don't we put ourselves back on the gold standard instead of devaluing our dollar every time we print a new bill.

Oh that's right, we probably do not have gold in Fort Knox.