The official "Ron Paul Hate Thread"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LSYouTiger, Dec 3, 2011.

1. I hate Ron Paul because he wants to take us out of all these wars! I mean WTF!?!? We NEED to be at war so that we can police the world and save all these dip-shit people from themselves! Remember guys we are a christian nation and as a christian nation who obviously knows whats right and whats wrong it is our duty to let the rest of the world know what's best for them, by force.. (Oil is just a nice perk). Also muslims are all evil can we really let them have their own land?? government? or weapons??? I mean they are all just so dumb they would attack us with that one nuke they finally get in 5 years and we and Israel would be forced to blow their happy little paradise we call the middle-east into a glass parking lot. Oh I also hate Ron Paul because he's old. Old people are gross.. An i mean how you gonna win an election and be president of the United States when ya dick don't work and you can't run a mile in 7 minutes flat just doesn't make sense.
    P.S. Dont look at my signature cause it don't mean shit

2. He doesn't want to boss us all around and tell us what we can and can't do! I'm ignorant and can't think on my own!

3. I hate Ron Paul because he is 10 years older than me and looks 100 times better. That bastard:mad:. How dare he have those really well developed deltoids.

4. #24 dalars, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
    Ron Paul is a loser because all his faithful don't have any real facts to discuss.

So does this mean that not one of you RP faithful can answer any of the economic questions/issues I have put up.
    Sad.

5. Ron Paul is a loser because:
    He wants to end the Dept of Education, and “let the states spend their money the way they want to”.
    RP wants to do this for educational “freedom” and to help the budget deficit and end the welfare society and entitlements programs.

The department of Education is only 5,ooo people.

They are a big budget item because what they DO, is give out money. Money the states DEPEND on to balance their budgets for education.

·\tWhat they don't do, is
    ·\testablish schools and colleges;
    ·\tdevelop curricula;
    ·\tset requirements for enrollment and graduation;
    ·\tdetermine state education standards; or
    ·\tdevelop or implement testing to measure whether states are meeting their education standards.*

RP is for a voucher system for education. This would be state money since he cancelled the Dept of Education.

BUT vouchers is not a good idea.
    giving money to a voucher system and gutting public education of funds, is short sighted, and tells us, RP has no idea what goes on in a classroom.

in Ca they spend $5,000 per child, in public schools. That has to cover all the special needs kids as well as the "normal" ones.

So now, put in vouchers, which bleeds money off of the public system.

The public system still has the special needs kids, but less money to work with under the voucher plan.

Is RP going to allow them to say NO to special needs kids?

Let the parents foot the bill?? Pull up your boot straps and all the other Libertarian talking points.

Then there is private schools.
    5k will buy you NOTHING as far as a decent education goes, in the private world.
    8k for K-6 and then 10k for upper grades.
    AND this is not a "quality" school by any means.

You're option is to send them to private "religiously" funded schools.
    We have enough religious nuts without our kids being subjected to "gods wrath" on a daily basis.

Private schools can also hire ANYONE as a teacher.

BUT now that deregulation has swept the country, now public schools can hire that bum from the OW demonstration to teach civics class. Hell, he works cheap!

But seriously, if we are not going to become a country of dumbasses, we need to fix PUBLIC education.

You say we already have (become dumbasses).
    Well let me tell you 5k/year private schools are NOT going to fix that.

Oh, and then there is home school. That's a joke. For every success, there are a dozen that fail.
    Parents are bad enough, but having to spend the entire 24/7/365 with them could get old very quickly.
    Home schooled kids where always weird. They never knew how to "fit in".

Department of education
    http://www2.ed.gov/about/overview/focus/whattoc.html

6. I hate Ron Paul because he has educated an entire generation of young Americans on economics!!! How dare he!!

I also hate him because he predicted the economic crisis! If he hadnt said anything it clearly wouldnt have happened!!!!!!1!!1121!(one)

hahahahahahah I like this thread.

7. idk how to address your first bullet point, dont know much about politics but there is no reason, why he should not veto a bill if its unconstitutional/will continue the snowball effect of spending recklessly on wars.

the us downgrade had no effect whatsoever on the treasury market. in fact the us got downgraded on a friday and the following monday , the treasury bond market rallied most sophisticated bond buyers dont care about the rating agencies opinion. your point is invalid.

i may not know much on politics but you dont know much about economics. he market is much more efficient than the fed. we dont need a central authority or a fiat currency. let the people choose the currency, and let the market decide its value. if you still want a central authority over money then we can refer back to the constitution and we see that only congress has the authority to coin money
    the dodd frank act is an inefficient piece of shit, designed to cripple banks from leveraging, and trading.

what sound money generally means is a currency that is backed by an asset such as gold. that way the govt. will be muffled to some degree from printing cash.

onew way we can get rid of lobbying is by not giving congress the power to pass regulatory measures. get politics out of money and there wont be a need for money in politics.

the oil prices are float on the spot market. futures traders adjust their bets accordingly. however (atleast in theory) the futures price should not heavily impact the spot price. thankya very much.
    as you said the impact will be noticeable in 5 years. thats the long run, buddy, something which you dont think about. im willing to take some pain now in exchange for benefit in the long term rather than accept short term short lived benefit in exchange for long term suffering.

quite a minor point, dont care to address it right now

it is a pipedream because you claim so. you have no real hard argument here.

small business cant get big because of codes,standards,laws put in place by big corporations to create barriers to entry.

your arguments dont hold weight buddy.

8. [​IMG]

9. That picture is cool. Yea I refuse to bite at the troll bait. Reminds me of that babalooey guy or w/e his name was.

10. wow. that is revealing.

11. If you guys don't want the ron paul "appreciation" thread trolled I suggest you don't troll this thread. It's the same difference and it is hypocritical to not treat this thread in the same way you want the appreciation thread treated.

12. Perhaps the title of the thread should be changed if there are people looking for a back and forth on the matter.

The official "Ron Paul Bickering Thread"

13. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WwLSW6sdRs[/ame]

14. I hate that people don't agree with Ron Paul ... Does this count?

15. #35 MrRaider, Dec 3, 2011
    I hate that he is the only candidate that enlisted into the armed forces and he is againts the war. I hate how he says he had never smoked weed but is for legalization of it. I hate how as a practicing doctor he supports mid wives and peoples choice. I hate how he has a doctorate and is dumb enough to abolish the D.O.E.
    P.S. this only leads me to think his abortion views would be forced on us all and for that I hate again.

16. So you will just make up shit.
    The president can't endlessly veto bills.
    The government needs to work together or one party needs a clean majority.
    RP is not the Messiah who will some how make Dems and GOP work together.

Somehow reckless wars got in the conversation.
    I am fine with his foreign policy.
    My issue is your naive idea that by using "veto" RP can make congress bow to his will overnight.
    It's a flaw in the plan. congress will still be congress.

If the down grade was of no significance, why was is front page news for days.
    Because RP's party likes to blow things out of proportion??

As opposed to a fiat currency, you are suggesting we carry gold coins again?
    Isn't that the alternative?

What is the alternative. Your above quote is just a talking point unless you explain the alternative or give me a link.

"the market is much more efficient than the fed" Hahahaha.

Europe has a banking problem right now BECAUSE they don't have a central voice. Too many banks (6-8)are involved in making the decisions and that's why it took so long.
    You see how happy the market was when they came to an agreement!!

Now imagine this country with 50 or more state banks all trying to be top dog against citi bank and B of A, all while a financial crisis is occurring.

They would never decide, meanwhile we the people lose our money.

That's why a central bank was created (several times) during our history, to make it more effective. Banking crisis kept happening and the FED was the best way to stop them.
    It was made independent to stop presidents and congress from using the bank to sway political winds.

"Let the people choose the currency" for the country??
    what are you saying. a referendum on if we should use us dollars or rubles.
    what are you saying?

currency values are already determined by market values (sort of)

Let's be specific. Another Libertarian talking point. They don't like regulations.

The deregulated banks are what collapsed the global economy (along with a combination of other factors)
    They needed to be regulated.
    That bill is also how we found out about the secret loans the FED made for trillions.
    Tell me how it is crippling banks? I feel a talking point coming on!

bla bla, bla. how is drill baby drill going to save us economically??
    That is RP's point for recovery. The fact remains, more drilling's impact would be negligible.

"short term short lived benefit in exchange for long term suffering."
    What could you possibly be implying with this statement. gibberish.
    What, is Obama squandering our oil resources to get short term lower gas prices??
    What implied conspiracy are you alluding to??

Seriously, he is going to end income tax and corp tax instantly and you think that's possible?? It would take YEARS, if at all possible.
    To shut down the military (pipe dream)
    To end medicare (pipe dream)
    dismantle all the aid programs. possible but years in the making.
    The government itself is a giant moving entity. Just like you can't stop a super tanker on a dime. This government/social programs network will take many years to wind down. Total pipe dream if you think it is going to change fast.

short of total chaos in society. old people wandering the streets looking for food.
    laying and dieing on the sidewalks in front of your house. Oh bummer.

This is Libertarian utopia!

You didn't comment on getting rid of the tax on gasoline that is used for road maintenance. Kind of a bad idea isn't it. Perhaps it's good to see that RP is not the Messiah.

Name ONE example of a regulation that is holding a small company back from becoming a giant corp!
    This is just a talking point with no factual evidence.

It's regulations that keep walmart from putting every small business OUT of business, by moving into a small town.
    Get rid of regulations and mom and pop businesses are toast!

17. Dalars I'm really interested where do you learn this? Or who influences your economic views? Have you ever tried reading ludwig von mises , Murray rothbard, Frederick hayeck , Thomas woods, Peter shiff, Doug Casey, lew Rockwell , Thomas sowell , Milton Friedman ,bob Murphy. You seem to have little real understanding of wealth and how it is created. Little understanding in the best role (if there is one) for government. I would ask you to define what a dollar is and how it evolved from barder? And what a bank warehouse is and a bank reciept ? And did better working conditions come from technical advancements, real wealth or some law or government agency ? And lastly how much would gas be TODAY if you were using silver coins minted by congress before 1965 ? (hint its less then a quarter a gallon.)

18. #38 MrRaider, Dec 3, 2011
    [quote name='"dalars"']
    So you will just make up shit.
    The president can't endlessly veto bills.
    The government needs to work together or one party needs a clean majority.
    RP is not the Messiah who will some how make Dems and GOP work together.

Somehow reckless wars got in the conversation.
    I am fine with his foreign policy.
    My issue is your naive idea that by using "veto" RP can make congress bow to his will overnight.
    It's a flaw in the plan. congress will still be congress.

If the down grade was of no significance, why was is front page news for days.
    Because RP's party likes to blow things out of proportion??

As opposed to a fiat currency, you are suggesting we carry gold coins again?
    Isn't that the alternative?

What is the alternative. Your above quote is just a talking point unless you explain the alternative or give me a link.

"the market is much more efficient than the fed" Hahahaha.

Europe has a banking problem right now BECAUSE they don't have a central voice. Too many banks (6-8)are involved in making the decisions and that's why it took so long.
    You see how happy the market was when they came to an agreement!!

Now imagine this country with 50 or more state banks all trying to be top dog against citi bank and B of A, all while a financial crisis is occurring.

They would never decide, meanwhile we the people lose our money.

That's why a central bank was created (several times) during our history, to make it more effective. Banking crisis kept happening and the FED was the best way to stop them.
    It was made independent to stop presidents and congress from using the bank to sway political winds.

"Let the people choose the currency" for the country??
    what are you saying. a referendum on if we should use us dollars or rubles.
    what are you saying?

currency values are already determined by market values (sort of)

Let's be specific. Another Libertarian talking point. They don't like regulations.

The deregulated banks are what collapsed the global economy (along with a combination of other factors)
    They needed to be regulated.
    That bill is also how we found out about the secret loans the FED made for trillions.
    Tell me how it is crippling banks? I feel a talking point coming on!

bla bla, bla. how is drill baby drill going to save us economically??
    That is RP's point for recovery. The fact remains, more drilling's impact would be negligible.

"short term short lived benefit in exchange for long term suffering."
    What could you possibly be implying with this statement. gibberish.
    What, is Obama squandering our oil resources to get short term lower gas prices??
    What implied conspiracy are you alluding to??

Seriously, he is going to end income tax and corp tax instantly and you think that's possible?? It would take YEARS, if at all possible.
    To shut down the military (pipe dream)
    To end medicare (pipe dream)
    dismantle all the aid programs. possible but years in the making.
    The government itself is a giant moving entity. Just like you can't stop a super tanker on a dime. This government/social programs network will take many years to wind down. Total pipe dream if you think it is going to change fast.

short of total chaos in society. old people wandering the streets looking for food.
    laying and dieing on the sidewalks in front of your house. Oh bummer.

This is Libertarian utopia!

You didn't comment on getting rid of the tax on gasoline that is used for road maintenance. Kind of a bad idea isn't it. Perhaps it's good to see that RP is not the Messiah.

Name ONE example of a regulation that is holding a small company back from becoming a giant corp!
    This is just a talking point with no factual evidence.

It's regulations that keep walmart from putting every small business OUT of business, by moving into a small town.
    Get rid of regulations and mom and pop businesses are toast![/quote]

Example ...... In the medical marijuana business in California the established mmj dispensaries are forming a cartel together with local and state governments by extorting newcomers by large start up fees , taxes, building codes, zoning and permits to put large starting cost on up coming competitors. In 1996 when the herb was semi legalized prices here steadily fell until you can EASILY buy a pound of premium dried cured and trimmed dank weed for 1500 a lb all day long. The clubs are paying that and selling on average 5 grand per lb. Now a lot of that gets eaten up in business cost like those fees stated above ... But being established its easier to pay and way easier then all business man's worst fear competition. But competition is the consumers best friend...let freemarket principles work its magic on weed and you'll see stores POP up like Starbucks until supply meets demand , prices stabalize after downwards pressure through competition and with a strong hard money weed would be in abundance for all who wanted it freely....put that in your pipe and smoke it

19. He's better than the two main retards that always run. Hate him or not, that's just a fact. Those who support those two are going by tradition or ignorance. Either way, they suck and only harm America and that's just a history proven fact.

20. I don't hate him, in fact he seems like a very nice guy. For starters, he is a creationist. This is very troubling to me, as I can't fathom the prospect of our commander-in-Chief rejecting the theory of evolution, in favor of a fairy tale from the Bible. He also believes that the states should have the right to outlaw abortion, which would cause much suffering if this were to happen . He has stated that he believes homeopathic remedies are often as good as modern medical science, and this one is very difficult to accept, especially considering the fact that he is a doctor of medicine.

Basically, he's right about some things, but a number of his beliefs and policies are just too backwards to ignore, which makes it very hard to think of him as a viable candidate for the presidency of the United States of America.