Was this waitress being a bitch?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Taylored, Dec 1, 2011.

1. In the food industry, I tend to tip.Unless it's apparent they hold no interest in doing their job well, then the hell with them.

In the hairdressing industry, you charge for a service, If you perform that service poorly or to my dissatisfication,, screw tipping. Charge enough for your service and don't get greedy. If your artistic talent makes me look like Brad Pitt, well we'll discuss a bonus, or you go out of your way to get me in quickly, I'll splip you 15 percent over and above the set price.

2. while he could have asked, it really is the waitress' job to come around and make sure everything is ok and he has everything he needs. if she didnt check on him once the entire time, then he was getting some crappy service. the fact that she didnt even bring him the pizza doesnt do much for her case.

3. Yeah, it sounds like she was being a bitch. I guess what I can say is if I didn't feel as compelled to tip as I do where I live now, I wouldn't have tipped her. I would most often tip at least 10%, more or less depending on quality of service, current laws not stopping me morally.

However, here in Oregon, there is a tax on waiters/waitresses wages of 18% for tips, meaning if you don't tip your waiter at least 18%, they're paying more in taxes than many other people (it comes straight from their wages). In that case, I tip at least 20% for good service, and I've tipped as much as 40%, as little as 10% for awful service. But these laws piss me off...you shouldn't tax the most the people that work the hardest. :mad:

4. I had a lousy waiter one time at applebees me and my friends counted our money put just enough for the bill down and didnt leave a tip because we felt like she didnt deserve it. When we get up to leave she grabs our bill from the table and says we didnt enough money here my friends keep walking so i deal with it and made me give her a tip :mad:

5. If the server really screws up royally, they get something embarrassing like a penny, nickle, or dime. They get the message. I've never left 0 for a tip

6. [quote name='"bennybeatsisbac"']I had a lousy waiter one time at applebees me and my friends counted our money put just enough for the bill down and didnt leave a tip because we felt like she didnt deserve it. When we get up to leave she grabs our bill from the table and says we didnt enough money here my friends keep walking so i deal with it and made me give her a tip :mad:[/quote]

Lol wow. She made you tip her...rofl

I would have especially not tipped her then.

7. #27 jaykewashere, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011

neg rep homo, if trolling was against the rules then why the heck do i get even mods trolling my posts?

Name calling is not allowed here. Mat369

8. If your a hot waitress at a bar and got good service fuck yeah big tips.

resturants I still tip pretty damn good...

Shitty service you get nothing but a messy table and a complaint.

9. Really ? What a double standard . I've been called names by mods , rules here are worse than the real law

10. Only good service deserves a tip. End of story. If the service wasnt good, youre not obligated to tip.

11. I laughed at the tl;dr haha! But yes she was a bitch based off what you said. Good call.

12. I'm not so sure you're telling the truth

13. if you have the extra money to tip then by all means knock yourself out

but for the rest of us broke ass college kids I used to work fast food where the most disgusting attitudes can be found.. I swept, mopped cleaned shit out of toilets and got yelled at by costumers all for bare fucking minimum wage.

most people in my position can't even afford food from time to time

until I found a new job :eek:
    but seriously

I still get the same shitty pay as any other kid in America.. only a dollar and change above minimum wage now..

we gatta stick it to the 1% mannn

14. This. If you leave no tip, you give her the option of thinking that you forgot.

Me and my buddies were eating at Hooters, and didn't recieve an appetizer we paid for. I call the waitress over after we get our main course and I tell her:

"Hey we ordered some onion rings as an appetizer, when is that going to come?"

She said she'd go get them. We all finish our meals and the onion rings still never came. She comes back with our ticket and I ask her to see the manager. She gets pissed and asks why, so I told her it was because we never got what we ordered. She asks what she missed and I told her the onion rings. She looks at the ticket and says we never ordered onion rings, so I ask to see the manager. She gets pissed and asks why, and I told her it was because she fucked up our order and overall displayed shitty service.

She stomps off and it takes 20 minutes for the manager to come over and ask why I'm hassling his waitress. I told him that we ordered an appetizer, she forgot to write it down, but told me that she was going to get it. He says that since it didn't show up on the ticket, we didn't order it. I asked if we could add to the ticket cause God Damn it I wanted to eat some onion rings. The manager tells me: "No, that's not gonna happen." So I just tell him alright, and that I was going to complain to corporate, and that his service was the worst I've ever had. He then asks me to leave, so I tell him "Not before I leave a tip."

I pull out two pennies and put them by the ticket.

I've never been back to that Hooters.

Moral of the story? Make sure you write down my fucking order.

15. #35 Senior PoopiePants, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    I'm a server and that's completely unacceptable.

If I was your server and did that, I wouldn't expect a tip. But then again, I wouldn't be a dipshit like she was.

Fuck that.

I hope you DID call corporate. Wow.

16. [quote name='"abbyyyyx"']Waitresses do expect a tip, but I don't think they always deserve one. What I never knew before I started working in a restaurant is that waitresses get paid like $3 an hour and rely on tips to make money. That being said, they shouldn't go around acting like bitches. Maybe you came in just before they were gonna close? Maybe she just had a long day?...who knows. If I were in your position I probably would have given her a dollar just to be like "I would have tipped you better, but you're a bitch..here's a dolla go fuck yourself"[/quote]

I think a poo dollar was in order here.

17. [quote name='"jaykewashere"']

neg rep homo, if trolling was against the rules then why the heck do i get even mods trolling my posts?

Name calling is not allowed here. Mat369[/quote]

You want to get banned, huh?

18. [quote name='"JayTab"']

This. If you leave no tip, you give her the option of thinking that you forgot.

Me and my buddies were eating at Hooters, and didn't recieve an appetizer we paid for. I call the waitress over after we get our main course and I tell her:

"Hey we ordered some onion rings as an appetizer, when is that going to come?"

She said she'd go get them. We all finish our meals and the onion rings still never came. She comes back with our ticket and I ask her to see the manager. She gets pissed and asks why, so I told her it was because we never got what we ordered. She asks what she missed and I told her the onion rings. She looks at the ticket and says we never ordered onion rings, so I ask to see the manager. She gets pissed and asks why, and I told her it was because she fucked up our order and overall displayed shitty service.

She stomps off and it takes 20 minutes for the manager to come over and ask why I'm hassling his waitress. I told him that we ordered an appetizer, she forgot to write it down, but told me that she was going to get it. He says that since it didn't show up on the ticket, we didn't order it. I asked if we could add to the ticket cause God Damn it I wanted to eat some onion rings. The manager tells me: "No, that's not gonna happen." So I just tell him alright, and that I was going to complain to corporate, and that his service was the worst I've ever had. He then asks me to leave, so I tell him "Not before I leave a tip."

I pull out two pennies and put them by the ticket.

I've never been back to that Hooters.

Moral of the story? Make sure you write down my fucking order.[/quote]

How is that fool even a manager? He obviously has no idea how to run a restaurant. Fuck him.

19. Definetly don't tip a shitty waitress. She is just mad cuz her life sucks and she is a waitress at a pizza place.

20. two things, its understanable if she moved you from a 4 top table if she coulda got 4 people bill. as far as bring the bill super fast, ive been through that before and thats def a bitch move