Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Weed Brownies...didn't work!

• Please log in to reply

Evangelion_Jeff

Evangelion_Jeff

• Registered Upgraded
  • 301 posts
I made some weed brownies using Bobbert's oil method. I used 5 grams of high quality dank bud, ground it up, heated it in oil until the oil was dark brown (about 25 minutes). The oil never boiled, but it did steam a little bit. When I was done, the weed bits were almost black and the oil was nearly black as well. I thought this was a good thing, hoping I had extracted alot of THC. Well, I have tried the brownies twice. Once on a full stomach, and I barely felt anything. I felt different, but not really high at all. Then, I tried it on an empty stomach. Same result, just an overall different and boring feeling. I drove around alot both times, and I never felt like my body was high. The "different" feeling peaked about 2 hours after I ate them, and I felt normal about 3 1/2 hours after eating them. I didn't make them in an 8x8 inch pan, I used a 9x13, meaning the brownies were pretty thin. But I ate a good sized portion both times. How is it possible for the brownies to suck this much? I used great bud and the oil was damn near black. Does tolerance play a role in eating weed? Any ideas?

Jessman512

Jessman512

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
U sadly overheated the oil and it burned, likely the active components burned slowly down too. The oil must be heated to a fine line, don't overheat, go less for longer if u must, and squeeze the ganja while straining.

Sorry about your bad luck...i perfer smoking easier and energetic. :smoking:

pinkfloyd

pinkfloyd

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 1,064 posts
sorry to say i cant help you much on why it did not work because i use schwag to cook with. but I can tell you how I do it.

Brownies
There are many different ways to make these delicious treats and everyone will tell you that their way is the best. The truth is it all comes down to personal preference and in this recipe I will tell you how I make them my way along with other options along the way.

First you have to get all your ingredients. I prefer Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix but I know others that prefer Pillsbury. Pillsbury is cheaper but Betty Crocker seems to do the trick just fine. Then you have to choose an appropriate baking pan size. Depending on how many people or brownies and how strong you want to make them affects the size of tray you use. This is where it can get a little tricky because you want to use the biggest pan in order to cook them in the least amount of time. The longer you cook them, the more THC is released from the brownie; and we wouldn’t want that now would we? THC is released from bud at ~ 356° - 392° F. (I found this info on some website and I have no idea how accurate this really is, but the same temps are quoted on a few sites between these temps so I will assume its true.)

To help make your decision on a pan size to use, I would suggest a 13x9 size. This way I can get 12-15 brownies a batch and cook them as little as possible so that not much of the THC escapes. On the back of the box it will tell you the rest of the ingredients like water, oil, and eggs. You can always throw in an extra egg to make them more fluffy but then you have cook them a little longer and you loose a little more THC. I personally like them fuggy so I only add the required amount of eggs. Now comes my favorite ingredient: Mr. Ganja. How much Ganja is up to you but I put in half an Oz when I make the family size mix in a 13x9 tray that gives me 15 brownies. A very easy way to figure out how much Ganja is to do a little math, assuming you’ve passed the eighth grade. First find out how many people or brownies you want and then do a little ratio. Here is an example

.5oz = half an oz of bud
15= how many brownies I am making
(.5oz/15) = .0333333 oz (.924 grams) per person, so almost 1gram

Another example is using the same amount of bud but making 12 brownies
.5 oz of bud
12 brownies
(.5oz/12) = 0.04166 oz. (1.166 grams)

As you can see it is not very hard to find out how much weed you want to add to the mix.

So now you have
• ~(1/2) Oz of your Ganja
• Oil
• Eggs
• Water
• Bowl
• Pan
• Brownie mix
You are ready to start cooking

You now want to put a pan on the stove using LOW heat. You do not want it to boil or bubble(this means it is to hot, as this will cause more THC to escape. Now when it comes to adding the Ganja there are two ways to do it and they are as fallows, the first way is how I like to do it.
I get a coffee grinder and grind it up to a point that the weed becomes a fluffy powder. You will be surprised at how long this takes to achieve as the stems do not like to become fluffy if you decide to grind up the stems. I only grind up the stems when working with brick weed and don’t feel like separating it all out. You will want to shake the grinder at the same time to make sure it all gets chopped up. When buying a coffee grinder it is always nice to get one that comes with the little brush to brush out the weed because it tends to stick to the inside of the coffee grinder. I then put the weed directly into the hot/warm oil mixing it as the oil absorbs the THC. I do this for about five to fifteen minutes depending upon how much I get distracted by whatever’s on TV. As long as the oil is not to hot the longer you cook it the better. The oil should turn a dark green or even sometimes a black color, this is called bud butter or in this case bud oil. If it gets to a point to where it’s more black than green it’s done. Dump this into the brownie mix along with the eggs but do not add the water to the bowl as I usually put the amount of water called for into the pan and mix it and then dump it into the brownie mix to get out as much of the THC oil mix out of the pan.
Another way of doing this is to get a cheese cloth (I think that is what they call it) and strain the weed out. I do not do this anymore because I did this once and my brownies were weak and I was very pissed. But keep in mind this will make the brownies taste better (less weedy). Another option is to not grind it up, add it to the oil and then strain it. Then you can let it dry and smoke it. I have not tried this but I know people who will use KB to mix with the oil, strain it, and then let it dry, making it basically like smoking schwagg. This seems fine to me as the brownies are good KB brownies and then you get shwag to smoke. I have never done this and if you do this get back to me and let me know how it goes.
Now that you have some form of bud butter added into the brownie mix, mix well so you get an even distribution of THC throughout the batch. The more you mix it the thicker it will get, causing the brownies not to rise as high. You will end up with thick gooey fudge brownies, but if you want them fluffy, add an extra egg and don’t mix as much. I prefer thick and fudge like. Then cook as directed on the box. It is also a good idea to grease the pan with either butter or some oil to prevent the brownies from sticking. A good way to check to make sure they are done when taking them out of the oven is to put a toothpick into the center. If you pull out the toothpick and it is dry they are done but if it comes out with brownie crap on it then cook more and lick the toothpick as these are not normal brownies and a crumb can not be wasted. As soon as they come out you will want to eat them I’m sure, but if you cut them now they will crumble and you won’t get even pieces. There are a few ways to get by this, you can try using a plastic knife as they will not stick to the worm brownies as much, but if this does not work then place the pan into the freezer. You do this as the brownies are hot and hot ganja releases THC, so the faster you cool it down the less THC is released. Do not directly place the hot pan from the oven in the freezer or else you will have a melted freezer.

A few pointers I forgot to add. Don’t let the temperature in the oven get above 350 degrees. If this happens the THC will escape faster then normal and that’s bad.
If you have a crock pot or a double boiler those are both great ways to make bud butter/oil.
There is always a little bud butter left in the pan so make scrambled eggs in the pan and enjoy. However if you try to make an omelet one side of the omelet tends to be covered by the bud butter and this tastes like shit. So I recommend that you simply scramble the eggs and cheese and any other ingredients is welcome as the more you add to the eggs the less they will taste weedy. . It should taste fine and get you high. Then you can eat a brownie for dessert. Enjoy.

By,
The Fro

HerbsINtheBurbs

HerbsINtheBurbs

Spread Green Love

• Old School
  • 4,137 posts
Did you stir?

shroomtycoon

shroomtycoon

• Registered Upgraded
  • 136 posts
Use a double boiler or a crockpot next time won't get as hot, but the crockpot will take a long time

...Spliff!

...Spliff!

hip-hop is soul food.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,172 posts

U sadly overheated the oil and it burned, likely the active components burned slowly down too. The oil must be heated to a fine line, don't overheat, go less for longer if u must, and squeeze the ganja while straining.

Sorry about your bad luck...i perfer smoking easier and energetic. :smoking:

How do you know when the oil is done heating?

Evangelion_Jeff

Evangelion_Jeff

• Registered Upgraded
  • 301 posts
Yes, I stirred it the entire time.

Jessman512

Jessman512

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Use a themo, dont go over 300F or, simply heat the oil to simmer and back down if u see any smoke come up, oil doesnt tend to evaporate in metal pots it burns, and its liekly thats what happened to ur first try. This would explain the THC content degredation and the fact that the oil was so black as u said, it may get slightly darker, but it shouldnt change in color too much 3 hours of simmering w/ occational stirring say every 15m, will get ~95% of the THC out.

If u try again, do this:

Get two pots, a glass or porcylin pot and another big metal pot.

Fill the metal pot 1/3-1/2 full with water and dump lots and lots of salt in the water (raises the BP.)

Fill ur glass/porcylin pot with the oil and ganja and place it in the water pot, then get the water boiling , but not so violent as to splash any into the oil pot.

Now ur at 120 deg C about and that should do just fine for say 3 hours w/ stirring 3-4 times an hour, ull get dank brownies with nearly all THC from the weed.

Strain the weed out and squeeze it as u do so to get any remainder. Then cook browies as usual.

Lebowski

Lebowski

At least i'm housebroken

• Gold Member
  • 6,227 posts

Guest_Bleezie_King_*

Guest_Bleezie_King_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
http://applesoft.com/brownies/

That should solve all your problems.

Sykdom

Sykdom

Late Romantic

• Registered Upgraded
  • 458 posts
I say if it doesn't taste good, don't eat it.

Smoke it.

Lebowski

Lebowski

At least i'm housebroken

• Gold Member
  • 6,227 posts

...Spliff!

...Spliff!

hip-hop is soul food.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,172 posts
I want to make these brownies but I really don't want to waste 4-5 grams on something if its not gonna work!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users