Wiccan tokers?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by westone, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Well this may be a longshot but are there any Wiccan, pagan, Druid etc. Tokers out there? Weed usually has a bad reputation among other beliefs but weed helped me discover my astral body, I was sitting in a field on a warmish day. Sun on my skin just meditating and taking in energy when I felt a sort of pulling, like something not quite solid was coming from my spine, eventually I decided to just let it go, and I projected, I felt this long fluttering creature above me, I was watching myself, it was a dragon fly, sense then I've seen dragonflies EVERYWHERE, and in places you wouldn't expect. They where in mall parkinglots, railroad tracks, outside my window. It was an amazing experience. Anything like that happen to anyone else?

2. I don't think its that rare, but timing on whether or not you'll bump into such tokers is more disconnected. But I'm a hedge witch, so feel free to PM me lol.

Familiar sightings of power animals isn't that rare, I've talked to many people that have them. My grandmother has hummingbirds that will present themselves to her in a variety of places in a variety of seasons. My power animal are snails.... they're a lil bit more awkward to run into.

3. [quote name='"PrincessTHC"']I don't think its that rare, but timing on whether or not you'll bump into such tokers is more disconnected. But I'm a hedge witch, so feel free to PM me lol.

Familiar sightings of power animals isn't that rare, I've talked to many people that have them. My grandmother has hummingbirds that will present themselves to her in a variety of places in a variety of seasons. My power animal are snails.... they're a lil bit more awkward to run into.[/quote]

What is a Hedge Witch? And I'm asking you as opposed to Googling for the simple fact that I'm more interested in a personal description as opposed to some Wikipedia page. Also, snails? Do they show up in your room?

4. Most of ny beliefs are Native American.

I have studied the Gardarian and seax traditions as well.

It is a great experience, that first time. But it only gets better.

Puff Puff Pass

5. It's good to know I'm not alone :) I have yet to meet a real dedicated Wiccan in person, only people who like to say they are because it makes them "different" that's why the skepticism, that and everyone here is not very supportive of what I believe. But this revolution helped me discover so much about myself it's unreal

6. A person that chooses useful techniques, rituals, recipes, etc. from different religions and pantheons, but does not commit or devotes oneself to worship or blind faith. This lends to understanding a variety of faiths and pantheons, but unless something has a purpose and is effective for the hedge witch's life (or those around them) they will not dwell on the faith aspect. These are the witches you read about hidden in forests or up in some mountain that have a large base of knowledge but are no priestess or follower, simply a believer of the power of pagan ritual and magic. Of course, modern day hedge witches look a lot different and are called many things.

I hope that helped, it was off the top of my head. And yes, snails. Sometimes the snails will show up on my windowsill in different living situations, I take that as enough reason to call them my power animal, lol.

7. I havent looked into native american spirituality as much as I'd like to but my mom and dad say they do, yet they are not supportive of my beliefs, when in reality my Wiccan beliefs and what they say they believe are similar, they are both earth-based beliefs. I hate it when people say they believe something to be different.

8. [quote name='"westone"']

I havent looked into native american spirituality as much as I'd like to but my mom and dad say they do, yet they are not supportive of my beliefs, when in reality my Wiccan beliefs and what they say they believe are similar, they are both earth-based beliefs. I hate it when people say they believe something to be different.[/quote]

I w's raised catholic, and was also exposed to charismatic christian, and mormon beliefs.
    Then i left home for the great adventure called life.

I identify with my native american past, which started me on a spiritual journey. It was through my vision quest that my core beliefs were born.

My parents, while they did/do not share my beliefs, have always been supportive. I am fortunate.

I am sure that as you continue your path, your parents will become more supportive.

9. I've been trying to understand the Wiccan belief for quite some time now. The last Wiccan woman I spoke with couldn't really explain her beliefs to me. She was new to the religion, so it was difficult for her.

Could you explain some of your basic principles on the existence of God, morality, and the use of potions??

10. see it all depends on the kind of Wiccan you are or are wishing to be, we dont really have a bible or set scripture. Wicca comes in many forms, some have two deities one known as the triple goddess representing the maiden, mother and crone. the other is the horned god which is a representation of the connection between nature and the human body. another is just a monotheistic belief with one deities known as "the one" or "the all" which is the keeper of all energy in the universe, there are more but i don't wanna lecture to you haha

our, or i should say, my basic belief is that we obtain energy from the universe by meditating and in general, then once we have that energy in a ritual setting we can release this energy into the physical world. thus the concept of magick.

as for potions i cant really help you much there, I'm not too much of an alchemist, as for morality there is the wiccan rede which reads

bide the wiccan law ye must
    in perfect love, and perfect trust
    eight words the Wiccan reed fulfill
    an ye harm none do what ye will
    what ye send forth comes back to thee
    so ever mind the law of three
    follow this with mind and heart
    merry ye meet and merry ye part

if you want to know more by all means PM me, i don't know too much but i know enough to answer the basic questions

11. Hi there :) I have only recently discovered Wicca (about 2 years ago), but I have to say it was life changing. I had always felt lost, like a huge piece of me was missing and when I found Wicca I found that missing piece. I know that this isn't just a phase, this is my life now. :)

12. I feel the sake way. Even though I'm new. I know its not a phase, it's a life choice. :)

13. I'm really glad you found your way ️️

14. Thanks you 😊 And likewise☺ Blessed Be )O(

15. 😘😘

16. Someone is really trying to talk about wiccans today. A lot of threads.

17. Lmfao

18. Blessed be ️️