Collab The High-function Glass Corner: Discussion, Appreciation & Milk of High end Glass!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by dirtridge, Nov 23, 2011.

1. #41 blazeddd, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011

Yeah!!! It was a slit design one but it also was bent in a 45 degree angle.
    [​IMG]
    One day I emptied the water without taking out the downstem and it slid out and blew up... I salvaged what I could and made it into an adapter, lol.

2. I was just curious if it came with a fancy stem or anything, I know one dude has a vid with him using 6diff stems in one, guess you didn't get one of those haha

I did see it was curved though, that is very cool, so all their 90* stuff would work, smart of JP I suppose. I did think it was an adapter at first till you said that lol
    I used to have a broken downstem that worked perfectly was an 18>14 reducer, wish I hadn't lost it

3. #43 KGann, Nov 23, 2011
    I've been supporting these guys for a year or so. They are doing some really cool stuff these days, interesting if nothing else.

I can't post any pictures, the app tells me I have already posted it in another thread, so here is the link (second page mainly).http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/894642-support-your-local-blower.html

And a milk since I epically failed on delivering pictures so far in this thread. I should hope the glass, innovation, and function should consider this eligible for the thread, even though these guys are local to North Texas.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_1CBd4aNx0[/ame]

4. #44 blazeddd, Nov 23, 2011
    Hell yeah, that thing looks sick. Never seen an inline that has the smoke enter from both sides.. thats awesome. Also is that a circ perc at the top?

Oh like one of those 6arm tree downstems? I actually tried one, but I think I prefer the SG gridded downstem. More bubbles :D

That reminds me of my HiSi U-Perc! Love those designs... nice tube man!

5. Looks like a soulshine showerhead tube. :D

6. Im gonna post my phx in here and theres nothing you can do about it :devious:
    lol jk

7. Lmao at the first page of this thread. The edits probably happened after the first page or so but still amazingly funny to me.

Second post contributed nothing while the third post and majority of first page argue that roor is high end. Awesome start lol.
    Just to contribute, here's a vid of my dwb waffle to double disk.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiXRBOwWPu4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

8. So much dope glasss !

9. Gracias por la bump.

:laughing:

'Nother review, this time on my DWB Showercap to Disk.

This was the first tube I got from a small operation, buying it from Drew at DWB mid August if I remember correctly. It's been a wonderful DD since, and is definitely a fair contrast with the EFS.

So, lets get the review started.

The Tube:
    Function: Stemless, 18mm joint, with an implosion style perc and then the disk. At least 130+ points of diffusion on the showercap followed by 50+ on the disk. This thing is diffused to the ends of the earth, but because of the dry chamber created by the implosion, it has wonderful flavors--it retains enough flavor that I wouldn't be scared to use oils with it were I to have access to them. This tube was a workshop "Second," from Drew, and thus has some cosmetic flaws, namely one slit on the showercap was malformed by the gridding. It still functions perfectly, but I got it at a discount. It is a little on the larger side for volume, and I've got asthma, so it can sometimes surprise me and give a little sting, but for anyone without a pulmonary disorder this thing is really wonderful. 10/10 on function.

Form: As I said before, this is a flawed piece, and this is the only place where I can really put down DWB in my experiences. The join between the base and can has an odd reduction, it is very stable, but not aesthetically pleasing. There is one botched slit on the showercap. The worked sections are sparse and at points loose (Drew's color work has improved incredibly since my tube, though, so this criticism shouldn't deter any of you). Other than that, everything is quite good. The stemless section is very stable, the joints are straight. For form, I give this an 7.8/10. Yes, I'm working with decimals now. :laughing:

The Company:
    This is one place where I've got nothing at all bad to say. Drew is quick to respond, and can often cut a deal. His price on this piece was very fair. His facilitation of shipping was also really helpful. As some of you may know, this was not the tube I was expecting; when Drew learned of the mistake, myself and the other party involved were working on a trade. The other party disappeared, and Drew offered an exchange of tubes once he had made another one like that which had been initially described to me. For paranoia of shipping paraphernalia across state lines, and forgetfulness, I opted not to exchange my tube, but Drew was (and possibly still is) willing to do it. So, 7/10 pre-shipping mix up understanding, 10/10 after the offer was made.

Overall, this particular tube is deserving of a 8.7/10, with only cosmetics weighing against it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsjPViq1Vak"]DWB Glass Rocks - YouTube[/ame]

Normal grids
    [​IMG]

Botched grid
    [​IMG]

10. nice review dirt!

as soon as I'm back in A-town i'm gonna throw up a review and pics of my DWB/local stemless combo.

:bongin:

11. My BC 2011 Gridded showerhead to gridded tophat with BC 2011 circ ac

The tube: The construction on this tube is impeccable the glass is extremely thick and the gridding is some of the most consistant and well done out there. This tube is extremely smooth allowing massive hits but i definitely wouldn't label it as a drag free piece. Not to say its draggy but you definitely know you hitting a tube but in a very satisfying way if that makes sense. I love the way the showerhead "chuggs" water and the ac stacks mad bubbles. I also have to add i love the bc label (not the panther) i think its extremely classy having the matching labels on both the tube and ac.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eySYxA_Jugk&lc=qzdf2WGuV8VAltlmmJqheKKtGoFpf7QS349572c2j9s&feature=inbox]BC 2011 gridded showerhead to gridded top hat - YouTube[/ame]

12. Fuck yes, been wanting to see a milk of one of those for a while, definitely a very worthy piece, very nice
    Sick slide in the vid too :smoke:

13. Sovereignty King Stem Line (Downdgrid)

The Tube: Up for review is the legendary Sovereignty King stemline. This is an amazing piece of glass the craftmanship on it is flawless from the welds to the gridding. This piece is near dragless and you almost feel like you are breathing in normally when hitting it. In my opinion push bowls make this piece shine as the included disk screen just allows too much air in. Overall this is a shining example of sovereignty craftmanship and has quickly taken the position as my daily driver.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQSwj3GsXFE&feature=channel_video_title]Sovereignty Glass Downgrid King Stem - YouTube[/ame]
    and some closeups of my itza bowl for good measure :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. just logged in to say nice slide man and that filla section in the push was done by an artist named Tony Hernandez. Thats an itzaxtony collab slide, great pickup.

15. Nice glass smash!

16. [quote name='"str8fiya"']just logged in to say nice slide man and that filla section in the push was done by an artist named Tony Hernandez. Thats an itzaxtony collab slide, great pickup.[/quote]

Thanks for the compliments guys . As far as i know the slide wasn't a collab because it was custom worked by Joe @ itza

17. that filla is def a Tony Hernandez section, he does filla collabs with joe.

18. :confused:well thats cool to find out i guess haha:confused:

19. That makes the slide more valuable, plus now you know what you have. Figured it would be helpfull but i guess this just reassures me that this site will never change.