Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

female seeds vs male

• Please log in to reply

froggy

froggy

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 1,358 posts
i bought some 'female' seeds.

how the heck can they tell?

Similar Topics: female seeds vs male     x

froggy

froggy

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 1,358 posts
so no one knows?
comon someone from directseeds or another...or is it not possiable?

Big Poppa Puff

Big Poppa Puff

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 3,274 posts
If you look closely under a microscope you will see a tiny little vagina.

Other than that, they must have treated the mother plant with a certain hormone and chemical treatment to alter the seed characteristics. They should all be female, but sometimes if you don't treat them right, they will go hermie on you and one branch will be male, the other female.

froggy

froggy

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 1,358 posts
that is interesting...but u would have to treat the male plant...that is where the 'sex' is determed...right?

and if u could do this...i wonder if there is a way to chemically treat ur plant to not be fertle but still produce the sex organs?

i know there are people that treat their plants with 'colchizine'(sp?) to make them polyploid so i guess they got chem's to do about anything

Big Poppa Puff

Big Poppa Puff

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 3,274 posts

Originally posted by froggy
that is interesting...but u would have to treat the male plant...that is where the 'sex' is determed...right?

and if u could do this...i wonder if there is a way to chemically treat ur plant to not be fertle but still produce the sex organs?

i know there are people that treat their plants with 'colchizine'(sp?) to make them polyploid so i guess they got chem's to do about anything

I beleive you treat the female to ensure that all the seeds have female traits. I would want my plants to be fetile and not have sex organs. That way the plant still produces THC but can't get pregnant from any males.

jrrtokin

jrrtokin

• Registered Upgraded
  • 110 posts
part of the female plant is treated with gibberellic acid, which causes it to develop male flowers in the treated area. When this pollen is used on female flowers, it causes the seeds to be 100% female as they have no male chromosomes.

Going hermie is, I'm told, unlikely as the plant is incapable of being male, possessing none of the genes to do so....

The acid is used widely for plant breeding, so you could do it yourself I guess.

easy...

jrrtokin

froggy

froggy

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 1,358 posts
ah yes...that makes sense.

i wonder why the gibberellic acid produces male organs tho...usually its used to produce growth and to reduce flowering.

also...using this rational...would female plants that go hermi also have all x and no y in the pollen?

as well as a male that goes female have all y and no x?

dirtydingusus

dirtydingusus

The jester drinks and starts to think that he alone is wise

• Old School
  • 12,822 posts
uhhhh...yeah....

which ...
what..
i.....

homegrown311

homegrown311

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
jrrtokin is pretty close to what ive heard about femenized seeds. the seeds aren't always completely female but they say its femenised which pretty much meaning that they used hermie pollen to impregnate the babes. but ive also heard techniques of soil use that would induce female flowering from old wampanoag indians that live near me, but hey theyve shown me some funky tricks soo far why not try what theyve said

kdelta9

kdelta9

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
if you treat a female plant with giberilic acid it will produce balls, only female genetics are contained in its pollen. once it pollenates itself or other female plants the seed contains only female genetics.

AmyRm112

AmyRm112

• Registered Upgraded
  • 105 posts
why would it matter if you bought male/female seeds??
just so you could germinate them?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users