Liveleak Video: Why people dont like cops

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by greenmnster_, Nov 14, 2011.

1. [ame=http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cc6_1320963366]LiveLeak.com - Why People Don't Like Cops[/ame]

"I'm going to give him a good taze, just for all this work"

other cop "yep"

2. I dont envy you americans for your cops ;)

3. This is why people dont like bad cops.

Good cops are fine. They're doing a job. Most people wouldn't nut up to do that job, and they save lives.

I like cops. If you get busted, well that's your fault. If you don't want to get arrested don't blame the cop, how about don't do anything illegal.

Are some corrupt? Yeah. Are some shitheads? Yeah. But don't say all cops are like that, because they're not. I've known plenty of great cops in my life, and they get a bad rep and it makes me angry. They're doing a job, and 99% of them are just guys who wanna pay their bills and want to help out their city/county/state/etc.

4. I say fuck the police pretty often.. but I dunno.. This could easily be a casual joke. We all say shit that's bad sometimes

5. how about no? laws are just someone enforcing what they think is right upon me. why cant i smoke weed? cause big brother says no no dont do that it will shrink your balls when research clearly shows they are full of shit, how can cops serve a shitty corrupted government like that. cops are shit in my eyes, want to truly help people? be a firefighter or paramedic, they ACTUALLY help people. cops just fuck ya over more or less plain and simple. with that said i'd never be a cop and i dislike all cops simply for their job title, but i acknowledge the need for some sort of rules in a functioning society. cops just show up after a crime and make their little report about it then leave. also i've heard of cases where a cop kills somone adn all they get is paid time off or some other easy punishment when they just MURDERED someone.

furthermore, ever heard of "assault against a police officer"? it is a crime for assaulting a cop , it seems to imply that cops are above regular citizens because a person is a person and this charge gets harsher punishment for assaulting a cop more than a regular person. this seems illogical to me. the punishment should be dependnant on the specific crime,motivation , etc NOT a persons job title. these are just some reasons why i hate cops , i could go on but you get the idea:rolleyes:

"Are There Increased Punishments For Assault On A Police Officer?

In general, most states will enhance the fine and jail time punishment for an assault on a police officer. Under some state laws, assault on a police officer will be elevated to aggravated assault. Aggravated assault also comes with a much stiffer penalty than simple assault.

State laws will usually differ, but most states require that in order to be considered an assault on a police officer, the officer needs to be in the discharge of his duties and the assaulting person must reasonably be aware that s/he is a police officer."

6. he said "he should be tazed" not "i'm going to", poor taste in humor but ok

7. Wouldn't them being a cop be part of your motivation for assaulting them while they're on the job though?

8. This is kinda how I thought it also, but came to realize its not cops themselves I hate, I just hate authority or being told what and what not to do :devious: , I feel as if I should be able to whatever ( so long your not hurting anyone else) , of course I'd still have common courtesy and shit :hello: . Also hate anyone who gives me a price of paper that says I gotta pay big $$ or get put in a cage I'm automatically going to hate :mad :, but again would be own individuals fault for getting caught. :(

9. .....i can't tell if you're trolling or not

10. People dont like cops, more often then not, for the same reason 5 yr olds get pissed at their parents.

11. #12 Rotties4Ever, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011

watch at least one of these documentaries,
    then Ill be real glad to hear what you have to say about cops

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zejD0UkMGGY]Into The Fire - Full Film - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YqU9lr9G-0]Under Occupation: Toronto G20 Operation - FULL MOVIE - YouTube[/ame]

edit- ^Not even one cop charged...

12. [quote name='"mushroomsatsuji"']People dont like cops, more often then not, for the same reason 5 yr olds get pissed at their parents.[/quote]

I hate everyone who doesn't let me eat chocolate syrup and reeses peanut butter cups for dinner.

13. [quote name='"Rotties4Ever"']

watch at least one of these documentaries,
    then Ill be real glad to hear what you have to say about cops

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zejD0UkMGGY

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YqU9lr9G-0

edit- ^Not even one cop charged...[/quote]

So every good cop should be hated as well?

Because there should definitely be a distinction. There are cops who do their jobs and try and be the person that is looked up to and respected for their honesty. Shitty people exist in every profession.

Hell I've met loads of mechanics that do their job well and do it honestly. Same as I have met many that don't do their jobs honestly and charge for work they didn't do. But I'm not going to say how I hate every mechanic.

14. [quote name='"tibblebibble"']This is why people dont like bad cops.

Good cops are fine. They're doing a job. Most people wouldn't nut up to do that job, and they save lives.

I like cops. If you get busted, well that's your fault. If you don't want to get arrested don't blame the cop, how about don't do anything illegal.

Are some corrupt? Yeah. Are some shitheads? Yeah. But don't say all cops are like that, because they're not. I've known plenty of great cops in my life, and they get a bad rep and it makes me angry. They're doing a job, and 99% of them are just guys who wanna pay their bills and want to help out their city/county/state/etc.[/quote]

I agree but cops sketch me out

15. regardless, whether a cop or not, human is human, and the charge should be dependant on the specifics of the case.
    we're not talking about a specific case so its hard to know exactly what you mean.

16. ....charges are dependent case by case.

17. I hate the environment we've given to cops, not necessarily the cops themselves. This includes special privileges, inhumane unconstitutional laws, ruthless bureaucracy, etc. I hate the fact that in order for cops to be doing a "good job" they should be arresting people, and if there isn't anyone to arrest, they would likely feel anxious. I hate that many cops abuse their power, but I also hate judges for upholding, even dignifying the abuse. I hate the monopoly on authority; I hate the government bureaucracy and people imposing laws on me that mean nothing to anyone but me (drug laws, seatbelt laws, etc).

18. I believe it is safe to say that cops shouldn't be trusted and to not let your guard down around them. They get paid to write tickets and put people behind bars. They choose who to arrest based on their own personal agenda's and convenience. If you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, you will be thoroughly fucked. Don't forget that shit.

19. This. Someone with a high rep bar, rep this man/woman please :cool:.

This is probably the most honest thing anyone can say about them (bacon).