Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

how do glass screens work?

• Please log in to reply

RUFFLZ

RUFFLZ

can i herp your derp

• Registered Upgraded
  • 542 posts
im tryna see if i should buy a glass screen for my bong

one of these
Black Leaf - "Sea Mine" Glass Screens - Pack of 3 - Grasscity.com

but i dont see how they work. do u just throw it in your bowl and it somehow plugs it up?

i probably sound retarded but help me out :D

Similar Topics: how do glass screens work?     x

HxCurt

HxCurt

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 4,875 posts
Yup. Put it in there, they're usually shaped like a jack kinda. Put it in the hole.

They're a bitch though, dealing with cleaning your piece sucks, you'll almost always just want to throw it out.

MaxAmmo

MaxAmmo

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 4,902 posts
It slows down flow so loose pieces don't fall through.

Glass screens are almost free if you ask headshop employees.

ALMN

ALMN

Retired Grammar Police

• Registered Upgraded
  • 412 posts
it turns one big hole into a bunch of smaller holes, which are big enough for air and smoke to pass through, but small enough to keep large bits of weeds and ash out. Don't take my word for it though, never used one or seen one in use

MaxAmmo

MaxAmmo

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 4,902 posts
I prefer not using one. Because sometimes I hit bowl/slider on ashtray and screen always pops out and fingers get dirty.

Once you learn to pack bowls, it's useless.

Tips: use larger nug on bottom and loose shake on top.

Inhale slower.

Sometimes people inhales too fast or strong.

I hate seeing green nugs floating in a bong. If I pack you one and you pull unburnt weed through, I pack you annoying dense solid nug.

RUFFLZ

RUFFLZ

can i herp your derp

• Registered Upgraded
  • 542 posts

I prefer not using one. Because sometimes I hit bowl/slider on ashtray and screen always pops out and fingers get dirty.

Once you learn to pack bowls, it's useless.

Tips: use larger nug on bottom and loose shake on top.

Inhale slower.

Sometimes people inhales too fast or strong.

I hate seeing green nugs floating in a bong. If I pack you one and you pull unburnt weed through, I pack you annoying dense solid nug.

does breaking the weed up make it more potent? i heard someone say that..

my bowl i got for my bong has a HUGE hole so im kinda scared to waste weed haha and its not too big of a deal for me to use a screen.

PCjabber

PCjabber

Bronze blade

• Bronze Member
  • 805 posts

Edited by PCjabber, 12 November 2011 - 11:39 PM.
avoid double-post

hiiipower

hiiipower

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

my bowl i got for my bong has a HUGE hole so im kinda scared to waste weed haha and its not too big of a deal for me to use a screen.

Ive actually heard that breaking up the weed loses the potency because a majority of the trichomes will fall off.

PCjabber

PCjabber

Bronze blade

• Bronze Member
  • 805 posts

shuya710

shuya710

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Its not like the weed magically becomes more potent, but by breaking a a nug up you are increasing the available surface area, meaning you can more effectively and efficiently burn your buds and smoke
(surface area = amount of bud the flame is actually coming into contact with, for example lighting a solid nug you are only lighting the outside of the nug, while the inside remains relatively untouched. breaking it up allows you to burn it more evenly and thoroughly)

poker2

poker2

• Registered Upgraded
  • 588 posts

Does cutting a slice of cake into 4 pieces make it tastier? :smoke:

Skiddlecrumms

Skiddlecrumms

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I love the way perfectly ground bud smokes and you can really rip it if you want, but there is just something right about taking a nice fat gram nug and just popping it tip first into the bong. It forces me to smoke slower and/or less (which is great because I can't afford to blow through) and it seems to taste WAY better. I think it might have something to do with still being closer to the plant form and not being disturbed and still retaining all of the things that are released when a plant is broken. I don't know though, I'm not a horticulturalist.

dank-a-sauras

dank-a-sauras

How high?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 801 posts
Go to a hardware store and buy a pack or faucet aerators. They're flat metal screens. Just the look the opening of your kitchen sink and you'll know what I'm talking about. I think you can get like 10 for 2 bucks or something. Super cheap.

Yosh139

Yosh139

Vapor Enthusiast

• Bronze Member
  • 6,619 posts

Sprink

Sprink

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
never heard of these

gobble wobble

gobble wobble

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,058 posts
Glass screens are great when they work, but I've had nothing but trouble with them breaking

Skiddlecrumms

Skiddlecrumms

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thanks, Skiddlecrumms for bringing up a year old thread ;)

Glass screens plug the hole from getting weed through, so essentially saving you from Scooby Snacks. :D

Oh, sorry, for some reason it was only like the third thread I saw.

Yosh139

Yosh139

Vapor Enthusiast

• Bronze Member
  • 6,619 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users