I Cant Believe I Paid $60 for this.. MWF3 BUT... I have to give IW Credit for..

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by HeadySpaghetti, Nov 10, 2011.

1. #1 HeadySpaghetti, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2011

YOU!
    YES YOU.
    STOP RIGHT NOW.

THIS THREAD IS GOING TO BE BASHING HOW CALL OF DUTY IS NOT GOOD AND WORTH GIVING THE COMPANY $60. IT IS A RANT. SO IF YOUR GOING TO WRITE SHUT UP AND RETURN IT OR DONT PLAY IT OR ANY OF THAT BULLSHIT JUST LEAVE NOW CAUSE THERE IS NO POINT TO WRITING IT.

THIS THREAD IS MAINLY ME GIVING EA CREDIT ON BEING SMART AND KNOWING HOW TO MAKE MONEY OFF THE GAMING PUBLIC AND MY EXPLANATION ON WHY.
    THIS FIRST PART IS JUST MY REVIEW. FOR THE TITLE OF THE THREAD GO TO THE GREEN BOLDED PART.

So now with that being said... I made a mistake I believe of buying this game for the fact that I wish I didn't just give this company another $60. I was going to buy Forza 4, rent Cod because I have an unlimited rental thing from blockbuster, and rent Elder Scrolls when I feel like it after it comes out. Then I was like, well blockbuster might not have it.. and if I like COD i might have wanted to buy it and not Forza... even though I have Forza rented now. btw I LOVE forza 4.

Anyways I ended up buying it and I turned on the game and i went online and the first thing i noticed was... wow is it my monitor ( i play on a computer monitor, as they would in like mlg type tournaments ) or does the graphics for JUST THE MENUS suck balls...?
    like seriously i was thinking about it and i was like, IT COULD BE my graphics set up and my resolution, but ive been playing forza and that looks AMAZING and i havent changed anything so this must be right. The menu and buttons and everythings just looked terrible and like they half assed it and it was just really bad, looked pixely and bad and i jsut shrugged it off and went and joined a game.

I joined a game and I thought alright, lets go. And i was like fuck..how do i play LOL. cause ive been so used to Gears of War and everything. and i was like wow.. these graphics ARE SHITTY.... ive been playing gears and forza, which came out BEFORE This and these are SHITTY.. wow. but i played it, nothing new. just new maps and maybe new guns? i dont know i dont play cod.. i just played cod4 a lot and then codmw2 a little bit and stopped after that.
    But i came to the conclusion that they most likely spent 9months doing the campaign then just took the engine from the last call of duty, put it into this game, added the new maps and the weapons and called it MW3.
    Its not as bad as BO, but still...

Then i was like okay ill see how the single player is... and the first mission i actually REALLY LIKED. the Graphics were GOOD.. not very good or anything, but GOOD.... much better than the online, so i knew then again it wasnt my settings. So thats again why i thought they spent so much time on the campaign and basically none of the multiplayer. But so far i like the single player, but i really was expecting so much more from this game.. since it was MODERN WARFARE.. not BLACK OPS or WORLD AT WAR or whatever.

THAT WAS MY REVIEW OF THE GAME. WITH THAT BEING SAID...I HAVE TO SAY THAT EA GAMES IS VERY FUCKING SMART WHEN IT COMES TO MAKING GAMES AND MAKING MONEY, WHICH THEY DID. A SHIT FUCKING TON OF MONEY. AND HERE IS WHY.

ill give them credit though, they certainly do know how to make a shit ton of money. think about it... they dont spend more than a year on each game, they recycle the game, the graphics are shitty compared to other games currently out, and all of their online features are from other games that previously came out so no money was spent on making something new.
    gears of war for example. I think they spent 3 years making that.. the graphics are insane, 3 years or more is a lot of money to pay the makers, no recycling, so many new online features no other game had before and it sold a shit ton.. but it was a LONG time making it.

now compared to call of duty .. they sold MORE than gears of war without a doubt, ive never see gamestop have a LINE in the evening for a game the day after a game came out. 1 year to make so less money is givin to makers, recycled stuff = less money making new stuff, taking features from other games such as the theater and clips = halo, they didn need to come up with that idea themselves it was already implemented and perfected so no money extra spent there.

and with all of that being said, they make the game tailored to EVERYONE.. not just people that are good at shooters, or need skill. everyone can pick up a controller and get a kill, its made easy to play. So therefore, everyone is going to play that over a game like halo, or gears because they dont feel inadequet playing it because they can get kills, and be "good" at it.. why feel like you suck at a game and play that when you can buy a game that you CAN play really good at? so with everyone buying it for that reason they have record sales...add in the factor of how many KIDS ..KIDS play it, they throw in some stupid shit called "ELITE" that 50$ a year , and the KIDS will ask their parents and beg them to get it, and since everyone thinks they are amazing at the game, they will also get the ELITE as well as all of the people that actually ARE good at it.

So with the ELITE they just DOUBLED their money from their RECORD SALES, in a game that took LESS THAN A YEAR to make and includes almost NOTHING original and RECYCLED matieral from past games.

thats a long post I know, but thats the only way to really get the explanation of how smart they actually are here with everything i just said, espcially with ELITE. seriously its rediculous.

oh and the funny thing is, kids dont realize that is a FULL YEAR with the ELITE ..and by the time this FULL YEAR is up a NEW cod will be realeased or just about to be released. and since they paid the $50 they will most likely feel obligated to keep playing the game.. even though EA doesnt give a shit either way since they have your money

---also my friend just told me EA doesnt make cod.. i could have swore they did, i dont know why. but anyways the same thing---

2. This is why I checked it out of Redbox this morning and will be just using it until I finish it then returning it. I have to admit I am enjoying the campaign but as you said the online is really just the same. Still entertaining but not worth the 60 to me either. Though I was a MW1 addict and loved it but lately haven't been that way with games in a while. I hated WAW though.

3. Didn't read but I don't really think any games are worth $60. Is it just me or did video games used to be way more fun.

4. Bleh, I agree. I bought it. Not very good...

5. it's just you.

video games are worth $60 especially multiplayer games. you can easily get 100 hours of entertainment out of a game and if that isnt worth $60 i dont know what is

6. whatever man...i'm not really a gamer I just play when I'm bored mostly

7. ....activision not ea.

8. i agree with everything honestly

9. Absolutely, they did used to be more fun. And it makes sense, our video games are not that new of a invention, it was a totally new era and it's made a lot of developments throughout the coarse of my life. But games lately are just not seeming that fun, it's a old idea re-hashed, a lot of the times it is a improvement but still, there isn't that sense of wonder anymore.. where you can truly get lost into a games story or just the gameplay

10. Too long. Didn't read. But.... i could have told you that would be a waste

11. next cod is gonna need to change it up man. just like wow, you wont be able to feed the masses the same pile of shit forever.

12. No it wont, its been the same for the past 4 or 5 years? They could call it Call of Duty : Columbine Massacre and it would still be RECORD sales .

13. 100 hours, not even 100000 hours of entertainment has anything to do with value.

you can play a shitty game for as long as you want, doesnt make it any less shitty.

14. Pro tip: Try and not judge a game purely based on it's graphics alone, holy shit.

Shouldn't actual physical gameplay make or break a game?

15. Well yeah, back when games were actually good.

16. Its only like 30 bucks if you trade in couple games

17. whatever at least next year I can say fuck COD and get Halo 4 instead :laughing:

I wanna get Halo Anniversary just so I can do warthog grenade jumps on silent cartographer again.

18. Not really. I payed 30 dollars for HoN. I played that game more than any other game, including oblivion. I personally think that 60 dollars is rip off.

To OP,
    IW didn't make MW3.

19. I don't know man. There are some amazing games being created today that weren't possible to make years ago from a technological standpoint. I've gone back to games I played when I was a kid and I never have as much fun with them as I used to, though I do enjoy them(mostly nostalgia I'd imagine).

Speaking for myself, games have become less fun for me as I've grown up. I think that's just the way of life. As you grow and mature, and your responsibilities increase, video games can really take a back seat and not feel as important as they once were.