Make Your Own Kick-Ass Organic Fert.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Spanishfly, May 13, 2006.

1. I have heard of people having some success with nettle fert. I think it is high N and best for veg, stage.

2. Do you put this homemade fert in the water at EVERY watering?

This solution expire or its good for infinite time?

steeve

3. Treat it the same as any fert. I have kept a batch for 6 months over the winter, it was fine.

4. isn't it a bit like putting horse shit on ur roses?
    They look lovely but u can't get near them cos of the pong :eek:
    if it smells like rotting leaves it's a nono for me !1

5. No, it is a liquid.

6. 50 onces with 4 plants its amazing!! If I get 6 ounces out of 2 plants I will be the happiest man in the world. :)

7. you ever test the ph of the liquid u made???
    just curious

8. I will do that.

9. Hi there!

I want to make my own fert like yours but I have a question...

If I put too much leaves in the bottle with water do the fert can become too much concentrate and need to dilute it more than 1/20 or its safe?

10. Never found that to be a problem.

11. im gonna try this. 4 plants 50 oz. thats fukin amazin'. u said 7.5G bukets how tall were they and how big was the gro space?

12. Pic of one in my pics of grow 2006, the only blue one. The other three are 11 UKgallon.

13. I just noticed the link in your sig, Spanishfly, very nice!

I do a similar thing. I've tried the mix-with-water method, and it is good (I've got a similar brew made from Nettles for the veg stage), my "brews". I prefer to make what I call "Comfrey Liquid". Instead of mixing with water, you just stap a container full of Comfrey leaves, put a weight on top, and let them decompose down naturally into a thick black liquid.

A hole (with a tube) at the bottom, allows the liquid to be collected in a bottle. This creates a very concentrated feed that keeps very well, and always has the same strength.

I have access to an almost unlimited supply of Bocking 14 Comfrey throughout the Summer months. See the pics of what my "Comfrey Machines" looks like.

The big one (a beer kit tin) was filled twice to get that volume of liquid. The screen is to stop flies getting in (they love the stuff, cuz it smells like shit). This method isn't as smelly as the water method, I find. Though it's probably still best to do it outdoors. It takes 2-3 weeks to get started, then rapidly fills the bottle.

Dilute anywhere from 1:20 - 1:50, depending on your needs.

-mu

Attached Files:

14. mu, as you say, shame it stinks so much. I have tried your method, but in my hot, dry summers the liquid just dried as it oozed out of the compressed leaves. So i have no option but to do what I do. Got 72.9 ounces of dried bud this year from 4 plants!! Best yield so far!!

15. Yeah dude! I saw that thread. ****** Incredible!

I'm fortunate enough to live in the cool, wet North (or rather, unfortunate!) so this method works great for me (I use those big plastic bottles for wine!).

I was just surprised no one else had chipped in with the other method, so it had be done! Both work great; the important thing is that it's very high quality feed (you can actually buy it these days, pelletized, not cheap) for FREE.

The downside of living at this latitude, is that the Sun here isn't quite the same quality as Spain, and even outdoors, I've not come close to a yeild like yours. But I'm hoping that pulling five or six harvests a year, instead, will make up for it.

-mu

ps.. I've not tried this, but a local gardener tells me you can layer comfrey and nettles together in the can to get a more balanced feed for veg. Perhaps other plants, too. Lots of experimentation to be done methinks.