Grandaddy purp feminized S1 Conniseur Genetics.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by althor, Nov 5, 2011.

1. first place ive seen in seed form.

2. I saw that. There pretty proud of it for close to a $100 bucks for 5 seeds.

3. I saw this too. I was really tempted to pick up a pack, but $100.00 per pack of 5 was steep even with the 11 connoisseur regs that come with it.
    I have never grown any strains from the breeder, but the GDP, and the several other crosses they had look very interesting.

4. Yeah some of the other crosses do look pretty interesting. But the number of seeds and the price are the question mark.

5. I wonder how that "lucky dip" works out.

Does that mean 11 of 1 type of strain, or 11 mixed? If its mixed are they labeled?

6. I looked around for more specific info on the Connoisseur promo, but all it says is 11 regular seeds. If I could find a few people who have grown their beans, or have a grow log it would help my decision. GDP is one of my all time favorite strains, but I always heard it was clone only, so I may let someone else be the guinea pig.

7. Yeah.
    My concern is they have so many of the same parents.
    If they arent labeled, identifying the strain will be tough.
    If it has a chem smell, well most of their strains have chem in it.
    If it has GDP, well most of their strains have GDP.
    I really dont like the unlabeled seeds.

8. Yeah not big on the unlabeled part.

9. sorry but just not gonna trust a brit breeder with US genes ....

not knocking the breeder, just the genetic stock that makes it across the pond in clone form.

10. Hey everyone the seeds that come free at the moment are an 11 regular pack of either Cheesedog, Chemmy Jones or SSSDH. As for the genetic stock being from America i would not let that worry you, we run everything throughly and become familiar before any work is done with cuts....also we have the cuts from reliable sources. If there are any more questions feel free to throw them my way.
    Peace

11. Hey thanks for the information. I like that. I am definitely interested in some of those strains.

12. The "Lucy Dip" from SB is a mix of every old seed they can find that they need to get off the shelves. I got a Lucy Dip freebie about a month ago with an order and every single seed either died or forced me to kill it to make room for healthy plants. Complete waste of time.

That said, $100 for 5 of these beans (assuming they're as good as I have come to expect OJD's genetics to be) plus a tenner of non-femmed OJD genetics is a steal IMO.

13. Yeah I am thinking the same thing. Even if the 11 were mixed and not labeled it still would be a good deal. But knowing they are labeled (and you actually know what you are growing) makes it even that much better. I had no real intent to purchase seeds anytime soon since I just received my last order about a month ago and I have about 30 strains waiting to be popped, but I just might have to jump on this next pay day.

14. + rep for response, and FTR breeders who are willing to simply respond to random questions about their work ( a.k.a. search for questions , & then respond) sell me a pack of seeds. Even if I never grow em, and end up giving em away ... I call it respect.:cool:

so on that note, is Secret Recipe your most original strain? and if so, what can You tell Us about growth characteristics( bloom time, light or heavy nutes, pH tolerance, etc? ). Or is there a different pack of seeds I should be asking about? keep in mind I am looking for your "flagship strain"

thanks in advance :smoke:
    Wharf

15. Good questions Wharf.

Your "flagship" strain is something I would be interested in as well.

16. So hard to pin point a flag ship strain, if yield is important go for Secret Recipe and expect her to go at least 10 weeks but yield massively, top the plants real early and expect them to at least triple in height.....you will begin to need supporting buds from around the 5th week onwards so be prepared. Anything we have with Casey Jones in it such as Sour Hazy Jones is a massive yielder too.
    If your American i think the Cheesedog would be ideal because you will get something very special that is much more rare in America, anyone in Europe should look towards the OG Chem or Chemwreck Kush for genetics more unique.
    I smoked some Candelicious Haze recently and it was out of this world so sativa lovers should get on that......man this is just making me wanna smoke, i got some Chemmy Jones that is so delicious, crazy flavours and the high gives me a big grin.
    I've been smoking quite a few of our strains recently and choosing favourites is impossible, i am loving what ever is rolled at the time.......the list i've been through recently and can give more detailed answers about are Fuel, Chemmy Jones, Sour Hazy Jones, Grandoggy Purps, Candelicious Haze, Lemchem and OG Chem.....let me know if you have any more questions.
    Our Grandaddy Purple and Casey Jones Female lines are our most recent releases and have some awesome crosses.
    Peace

17. Lol at inflation, I'll take my business elsewhere.$20 a seed, seriously?? Greed is just what it comes down to. Stay away people and don't support his bullshit inflated prices.

18. I haven't been able to find hardly any grow journals with people running CG. I think charging that much is greed when the strains are new, and haven't been proven time, and time again like some other strains. I have paid a bit more for Reserve Privada, and Serious Seeds because I had done my homework, and found plenty of journals with people having great success.
    I would love to try to grow out some GDP crosses, but I would be infuriated if they all popped stamens, or weren't what I was used to dealing with when growing out other, proven strains. I'm just going to wait until more details are available from sources other than the breeder himself. I think it was awesome of the guy to come in here, and answer some questions, but it's not like he would bash his own stock, or reveal any problems when charging that much for seeds.

19. That's a premium price to pay for some seeds. Not to mention who knows if they'll germinate or not. If a seed doesn't then It's like throwing away a 20 bill. I mean shit in the long run it would be worth it if one seed produced even half an o to make up for the whole pack. But still It's a reason to charge up the fucking ass. Mandala is really cheap and great, no need to pay higher for some 'brand name' seeds. Greedy bastards.

20. 20 dollar seeds are NOT out of the ordinary. Plus right now its not really 20 dollars a seed since you get 11 free seeds along with it. So 16 seeds for 100 bucks.
    I just paid 20 bucks per for OG #18. I dont hear you guys over here slamming Reserva Privada for it.