What is the best grow tent size for four plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nativetongues, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Planning on growing four plants and I've decided that a grow tent is the best option for me, but I have no idea what dimensions will work best for me? Also, do you think I should get a 250w, 400w, or 600w hps system?

2. [quote name='"nativetongues"']Planning on growing four plants and I've decided that a grow tent is the best option for me, but I have no idea what dimensions will work best for me? Also, do you think I should get a 250w, 400w, or 600w hps system?[/quote]

I have 4 plants in a 4x4 tent and it is just a bit too small... I mean, I make it work but would be MUCH happier with a 5x5. As far as light goes, 600 watts.

3. Ok, fellow blade, 1st thing first ! What's your Budget ? How many plants do you want to grow ? Me personally I use a medium tent and 400W with excellent result. Go to my Sig and see the Pics I posted about the tent yesterday !

P.S. - I harvested n post pics yesterday from a 400W

4. Hey thanks for starting the thread i also was wondering on how to choose a size and maker for grow tent and supplies. I have a spare room and have a closet grow going but it has 2 sliding doors so light and odor leaks into room. Closets about 5ft wide 2 1/2 ft deep and bout 5 ft tall. I can fit 4 Ladies since for side lighting im using 1x light socket with 4x 26watt CFLs on Y adapters on each side and for main lights i got a 250hps and a 65 watt CFL. Temps get to 86. In that spare room i have a cabinet which i use to clone and Veg other ladies.

My issues is the light leaking at night lights up room, semi odor but also i need help increasing yield. Im not sure if its cus im impatient at times and kill my ladies early (wk 5 or 7 at latest). But would waiting to week 9 or 10 on a white widow or super lemon haze make that huge impact on yield? Average yield per ladies 1 zip dry.

So that is why sometimes when im hie i think it seems that grow tents which dont allow any light leakage give better yields not sure. Im also wondering if going with a 450 hps would make major increase in yield or temp.

5. check my grow, link in my sig. 4 plants, 4x4 tent, 1000w, scrog, ~$1000 invested, estimated yield 1.25 lbs.

6. sick ass grow but def too much for me all i need is to pull more the 1 z off each plant pref 2zs and max of 5 ladies.

7. Check out my grow, 8 plants, 4x4 tent, 1000watt metal halide for veg, 1000 watt hps for flower, $1200 ivested. 1.5lbs expected