Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Electricity Use

• Please log in to reply

Keez

Keez

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I am looking to cultivate cannabis plants (5-10).

I hear stories of police knocking on doors with suspiciously high electricity rates.

My question is this, at the 5-10 plant range, with the optimal amount of lights, fans, ion generator, etc. etc. being used, how much can one expect their wattage to go up?

I hear at over 500w, the police may be notified (though this isn't evidence for a warrant, it is obviously something to avoid).

So at the optimal lights and other things included, how many watts will be used on average, do YOU think? Could even more be grown without worry? (All other sources of electricity will not be used if it comes down to it...fridge, microwave, etc. and all plugs will be unplugged).

Thanks to everyone who answers. :D

Similar Topics: Electricity Use     x

Keez

Keez

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Also, does/has anyone here used an electricity generator for this purpose? If so, what wre your experiences with it?

Grower409

Grower409

• Registered Upgraded
  • 976 posts
You're going to have some people who insist the police work directly with the power companies and people (like myself) who say that's complete nonsense...

Good luck with your grow.

JimmyJackson

JimmyJackson

• Registered Upgraded
  • 930 posts
Pay your bill and they leave you alone. Steal their power and that's when they call the cops on you.

Sparks207

Sparks207

Mr. Sparks. A. Lot

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
Not the case at all. If some one rats on you and says your growing then they will look into power bills/ consumion hours etc... My gaming computer ps3 surround sound, few tvs. So many chargers charging iPad cells so much stuff... They Make a lot of power alone i just dont use then now Things make that much it's not out of the norm

Dude just chill be low key don't tell a single soul bro!

JimmyJackson

JimmyJackson

• Registered Upgraded
  • 930 posts
Oh and 500watts is nothing, my home theater is way over 500 watts and I'm sure it "spikes" my usage every night when I smoke and watch tv but I've never had any problems with the power company. If they turn you in they lose revenue, it's just not good for business.

Kids these days are paranoid because of shows like cops and DEA and all the other propaganda. I'm sure the cops want you to think that they will get a phone call from the power company tipping them off the day you plug your lights in but that's not the case.

I've heard of countless people with energy bills with 4 digit figures. I read recently about a guy who pays just under $100,000 a month. On my bill it tells me my usage this month last year and it's more than 4 times now than what it was last year under the previous owner.

Bottom line is if you pay them on time they don't give a fuck what you do with it. So plug in your 1000 watt vibrators or your mechanical bull or pottery kiln and don't stess.

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

Edited by BadKittySmiles, 04 November 2011 - 12:24 AM.

• PCjabber likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users