Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to stop chronic coughing when smoking herb.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stealthb2000, Oct 30, 2011.

1. I have smoked herb for more than 45 years. I had a cough like no other. But I discovered something here recently. When you take the smoke in, holding it in, to get all the THC, and it feels like you are going to cough, let the smoke out through your nose. I do this all the time now, and the cough is gone.

2. Sounds like to me you just discovered what good weed is.

3. Thanks man, if you're smoking a bong then use snow and it will be like breathing oxygen :smoking:

4. I bet I have smoked more good than you have, before you were born. My first was Thai Stick from Thailand, I am a highly decorated Disabled Vietnam Combat Veteran, who has smoked the best, and found a way to make it even better.

5. No thanks man, I have been there and done that, never again. I have done more powder than you can imagine, I was a cooker many years ago. I know for a fact it controls you, and you can never achieve the feeling that you got from the first high. Not for me anymore.

6. He meant snow, not snow ;)

7. I'm an old timer, don't know the jargon these days.

8. vape. /thread. :) Peace :smoke:

9. There wasn't frozen water droplets in the 60's? :p

10. I also find that telling yourself not to cough in your head stops coughing too, but it feels uncomfortable and makes my throat tense. I might try this next time, thanks

11. like snow that falls from the sky. not blow

12. i just suppress coughing by breathing in air through my nose whenever i feel the urge, kinda like sniffing.

13. nah man you cough til you drop... if you aint chokin you aint toking

14. Snow as in frozen water lol

15. Swallow your spit if your already coughing

16. A physical way to stop yourself from hackin is, while your coughing ball your fists and pump them in front of you almost like your pushing then pulling then pushing then pulling,

This will stretch your chest/lung muscles and help you stop coughing

17. Sounds like you just made a another pointless comment (big surprise)

OP's been smoking for 45 years. Did you even bother reading the thread or did you just want to add your little comment

18. oh yeah, I'm just like you, op.
    I've been smoking weed for like 200 years, and I've smoked much more then you.
    That's just how i am, better then you.

19. Would think after 40 years you would know how big of hit you can take...I haven't coughed in years

20. I cough more when I pretend I am quitting. Toking reduces my cough reflex. Go figure!