Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

People say that vaping raises their tolerance a lot, but...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jjassonn, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Based on everything I've ever heard on the matter I would say the opposite is true. Vaporizing results in a higher proportion of THC and very low amounts of CBD's and CBN's. I've also heard that cannabinoids and cannibinols improve your high, instead of preventing it. Seriously where did you hear that they stop you from getting high?

2. Vaporizing has more THC, but less CBN, and no they don't ruin your high, in fact they're supposed to compliment it and help negate the few negative effects THC can have (which is why those straight marinol pills recieved mixed reactions).

I would imagine a vaporizer would increase your tolerance because you're getting more THC, and thats what determines the tolerance we usually speak of.

But a vape also uses less weed, and gives you a pure head high, so I think people would use less per session, and not generally have a higher tolerance just because they use a vape.

3. A .2 to the face from the vape gets me feeling nice. Basically a dome bowl through the vaporizer would get anyone baked. If your tolerance is higher you can just cook it at a higher temperature or just take more rips. But after like 5 or 6 rips of a cape bowl it starts to get crispier (therfore smelling more) and it tastes pretty bad (imo) but you are still getting baked(er).

4. I dont know the science behind it, if there even is any, so Im not trying to get in to some big shit storm.

Ive been vaping for about 8 months now as my main source of THC consumption. In 8 months have steady daily vaping I havent noticed a tolerance change to vapor at all, it still takes me about .1 bowl to get baked out of my mind. I started vaping after coming off of probation so my tolerance was really low. I only smoke a couple times on the weekend now but when I do I can get pretty baked off a .6 joint between 3 people.

So basically I feel like steady vaporizing has kept my tolerance in general for marijuana down at a nice low point. This is a big difference from when I was smoking before probation. My tolerance was up to were I wouldnt even get that high off a gram blunt between 2 or 3 people.

That makes a lot of sense to me. 

Here's why:

I've gotten the Volcano vaporizer classic, I've checked it's in perfect working order, temperature is right, airflow is right. It's supposed to be one of the most effective vapes. 

I smoke insanely potent weed (I should say, I vape now) it's aeroponic Chem Dog, CO2 enriched grow room with a shortened day/night cycle. If you know what I'm talking about you know I don't mess around. 

BUT 

Perhaps due to my doing it wrong or perhaps due to the method being weak, I can't get high on my vape. 

I've used the small bags up until now, I've now ordered the 90 cm XL bags, we'll see if it makes a difference. I've opened a thread as well. Still, I've got that nagging feeling it's never gonna happen.

I've taken a one week T break and I did get high once, even then something was missing. Not again tough. 

I know if I smoked the amount I vape, I'd be out cold, I've vaped 5 g today and I still got a ton of stuff done, that's positive I guess. The only positive is that it keeps me off the ciggs and the joint well enough. 

6. And that cleaner high thing is bullshit if you ask me. Sure I'm clean. As in NOT HIGH. 

If the benzene and carbon monoxide did this (the high) to you then people wouldn't need weed, you'd get baked with ciggarettes right ? 

Something happens when you burn weed that doesn't happen when you vape it (at least to me). Namely getting stoned.

Man I've been so stoned in my life I can say I regularly "Fly" like only the most experienced smokers can.... I'll try to get my hands on some artificial THC and vape that :) 

7. That being said, I keep readin about people getting de-stroid off the vape. If you can help me out, please do. 

8. I know this is waaayyy of topic but. I was wonder if there was any tips on how long i need to quit smoking before i get a noticeable difference in my high? My tolerance is really high and I'm high for 30 to 40 min at most.

Anything i can do to bring.it down fast. Acticities, alternatives, diff methods?

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Well I can tell you how it was for me. Obviously it depends on a lot of factors such as your body weight, metabolism, sports, how much water you drink, etc. 

I stopped for 7 full days and it barely scratched the surface of my tolerance. That being said, I had been smoking for 10 years multiple joints every day. 

That's not the worst part, my T went back up in a matter of days. I'm back where I started. I need many full bowls in the volcano to even feel anything. I'm switching to the XL bags to see if that will help. 

If you want to go back to having NO tolerance, you'll need to stay off (cold turkey) for several months. But, to answer your original question, a single day of abstinence will make a difference, for a short time anyway. 

10. You need to stop smoking almost completely to achieve the most from your vaping experience. When I first used my Silver Surfer Vaporizer I noticed the high was completely different from smoking instantly. You defaintly get waaaaay more THC which causes the 'high' feeling. Granted you still can get plenty high from vaping even if you do smoke regularly. When my stoner friends come over they always choose to use vape since it get us the highest from what I have to choose from, and I have bongs, pipes, and papers. 

11. I hear the same from so many people, It's incredibly frustrating to hear that stuff and not be able to experience it. But I do get high when I use a lot of weed.... 

Anyway, thanks for your advice, I don't smoke anymore since I started vaping (I vape tobacco and weed) it was the whole reason for me to vape (stop smoking).

Thanks again for your help anyway. 

Of course he doesn't. There are real studies that rate the effectiveness of all toking tools and vaping is not 50%-75% more efficient that's just non true.

13. Heres my experience. I used to smoke 2 - 3.5 grams  a day but ever since I started vaping its decreased alot. Been vaping every day for a year and a half now and I now go through 0.5 - 1 g a day, while still getting kief.
    My tolerance has remained at that level for a while now, but I noticed when I first started vaping that my tolerance shot up when I was trying to vape like a g at a time like I was used to smoking.
    I usually have .2 in a load an average of 3 times a day. If I'm home, these tokes will be stretched, maybe one hit every half hour or so. I feel like this kind of moderation keeps my tolerance at a consistent level. So I wouldn't call my tolerance super high anymore, but I also don't blast through grams in a sitting anymore.

Also I feel like vaping gives me the true effects of the strain. With smoking I still feel the difference but it feels masked by the groggy weird feeling that combustion byproducts give. This is what I mean when I say a cleaner high, that groggy feeling that can make you feel tired or "fucked up" isn't there. I don't understand when people say vaping is a super head high. If I vape a heavy sativa, it is more of that kind of high, but if I vape a heavy indica I just wanna sit there and eat something. Ive had crazy couchlock from vaping before, and insane head highs. Just like with smoking.

14. how the hell do you vape 5 gs in a day and still have time to get shit done -- let alone not be fried from it?? Something there does NOT add up.

15. I work from home, I trade the forex market. I can get high pretty much 80% of the time I'm awake and I've done so for the last 10 years. That's why I have such tolerance. 

I used to wake up and light the leftover blunt from the day before, then have breakfast. I used to smoke about 10-20 joints and 2 or 3 cigarettes a day. 

16. Not only am I not "fried" from it but weed made me a better person. I used to be argumentative, have few friends, no girls, and terrible digestive problems. 

When I smoke, now vape (I've been smoke free for 2 months now) I'm nice to people, calmer, I can talk to girls easily (not kidding) and I have perfect digestion as well. It does mess with my short term memory, I find workarounds like writing everything down in meetings or important conversations. 

i dont get high from vaporizers so i definitely dont understand this.  vapes and edibles seems like a complete waste to me, absolutely no recreational high....medicinal?  maybe...

I get very mildly high. Nothing like smoking. But for someone like me who needs the THC to function, it's a Godsend. I can do more and feel great all day and my lungs are spared. I'm never going back. 

19. All these different experiences confuse the shit outta me. I stay mildly high all day(maybe a bit more than mild at times) just hitting the vape once in a while, going through .5 - 1g a day. Vaping more than .5 in a sitting gets me blitzed about the same as smoking 2 grams to the dome, plus I prefer the type of high.
    This is why smokking feels kinda wasteful to me. I use way more bud, and dont enjoy my session or high as much, and theres no abv to save. Don't get me wrong I still love smoking and theres certain situations where the high from it is perfect, but I like to stay lifted all the time while spending as little as possible. Since I started vaping I havnt been dry. Even if I was I got abv.
    And no I'm not strapped for cash, I'm just at a point in my life where I'm putting away all the extra coin. Don't wanna be spending so much just to get by when I could be putting it to future use.

• Like Like x 1