76 & Living on Oxygen Tank Arrested for Murder

Discussion in 'General' started by pearl75, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Mary Ann Rivera. 76 and on an Oxygen Tank, Arrested for 1970 Murder of Her Husband - Houston News - Hair Balls

When you see this woman, tell me she doesn't look just like Ann Ramsey from Throw Momma From the Train, and The Goonies.

"Owen doesn't have any friends cuz he's fat, and he's stupid!" :laughing:
    On a more serious note, this woman killed her husband back in 1970. I wasn't even alive then, and I'm 36. She claims he was abusive. She was arrested for his murder, and made bail. After that, she snatched her kids, and bolted. Today, she's an old, decrepit woman who needs a tank to breath. And it's in Texas, too, so she'll probably get the death penalty. :rolleyes:

2. wow fuck texas.

I recall hearing that you actually have the right to kill your spouse if he/she was caught cheating ?

is that true?

3. damn dude, getting screwed over by something you did more than half your lifetime ago

that really is a bitch

4. Hot grease is pretty intense.

How do you make bail for murder >_> #wtf

5. No one is mentioning how much oil does it take to kill someone ok 76 now how old was her husband at the time...

If he was young she must of had a lot of hot oil cooking...

SICK FUCK.

6. good...serves her right. dont need to be killing anyone =/

7. Holy shit @ killing him with hot grease!!

What a way to go!

8. Meh, she was posing literally zero threat to anybody at this point in her life.

Do we really want to throw her in prison and use OUR tax dollars to keep her alive when she was living perfectly fine by herself?

9. tax dollars...put her in a cell with no oxygen tank, she wont last long

10. She just got arrested, it's not like she has been convicted yet. If there is enough cause to arrest her, then she has to have her day in court.

11. Well, obviously.

I was just saying that nothing good will come from throwing her in prison.

I wouldn't doubt it if she took a plea bargain instead anyway.

12. That would just give us a plethora of new problems to deal with.

And if she was being abused by her husband for a long period of time, do you really blame her for killing him?

13. She could have packed all her shit and moved out but no she decided to brutally murder her husband by dropping hot grease that melted his face off. Crazy bitch should be stoned to death!

14. You clearly know nothing about abuse victims. If it was that easy everybody would be doing it!

15. How do you know actual abuse was happening?

I could care-less how old she is, she committed murder. You don't get some skip jail card because when you were finally caught, your old as fuck.

She killed someone's son. Possibly someone's brother. Possibly someone's uncle. Someone's father.

16. No excuse for someone to choose murder over just flat out leaving.

17. I never said actual abuse was happening. I said "if" it was happening.

Yes, but so do many states by practicing the death penalty. If she was being repeatedly abused, who are you to say she deserves to be thrown in prison?

If she wasn't, she does deserve it, although all it will do at this point in her life is eat up more of our tax dollars like I said earlier.

Like I said, it's not that easy. Talk to some abuse victims, tell them that, and then report back here with your findings.

18. isnt there a statute of limitation or some shit that if it happened xx years ago they dont have a case? i could be wrong on this but i thought there was.

also if Casey Anthony can get away with murdering her daughter and o.j killing his wife why cant this lady kill her husband. i say they let her go she hasnt committed any cries since then and she is living perfectly fine. if she goes in to prison she will not survive.

19. There is no statute of limitations for murder.

20. ok. my bad. i had false information. but i still dont think she should be convicted. she is honestly to old and wont survive.