Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thinking about just moving to Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Madian, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Im planning my trip to Amsterdam right now, but now im just wondering why the fuck id want to go back. Seems like less negativity with douchebags and cunts over there, everyone seems more positive.

So my question is how is the living/job situation over there?..I know we have at least a couple of members from Dam here.

2. Are you going to seriously work or just to smoke pot freely?

(which you can't do anyway).

3. To work and start my life there, im just wondering what the job situation is like over there.

4. #4 think green, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2011
    My younger brother was over there studying abroad and he says he loves it so much, he said everyones very clean, and have a good positive productive mindset, coffee shops are also a big plus(obviously). And there's so much to see and do, sorry if this doesn't help lol but yea he says it's just a great place with great people. So have fun when your over there.

5. Yea, im in the same boat as Madian. I think it would be 2 big of a transition for me tho.

6. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

7. Just a heads up, I heard about legislation over there aiming to ban "drug tourism."

Basically if you aren't a resident of the Netherlands you can't make use of the coffee shops and smart shops.
    I don't remember where I read that, but just looking out dude.
    USA is quickly becoming one of the more tolerant Cannabis nations.:smoke:

8. Better to move to California, we got the weather, the beach..and oh the GIRLS, dams got rain.. heavy JUNKIES, and dirty girls and costs so so much

peace
    "V"

9. It's not all it's cracked up to be, you'll be paying for overpriced pot, you don't even know what a dollar is worth over there.

I think the only reason you even want to go there is for pot.

I fucking hate all these people thinking Amsterdam is the greatest place in the world, when it's just as much of a shit hole as anywhere else, if not worse.

Shit is also very expensive over there. Especially the pot because dumb of dumb ass tourist like you.

Oh yeah, you'll probably also get beaten or robbed.

10. why do you have to be such a prick? If he wants to go and find that out for himself, then so be it. You don't have to call people you don't even know out on their intelligence.

11. [quote name='"CyclicDreams"']The grass isn't always greener on the other side.[/quote]

That's true. I'd really look into it before making a decision. Work out the reasons you want to go and research them. Like, if it's for the cannabis culture make sure it what you're expecting. And make sure you can pursue a career you want to do man.

Having said that, my moving from England to the US is the best decision I ever made.

12. [quote name='"Sexy Goat"']It's not all it's cracked up to be, you'll be paying for overpriced pot, you don't even know what a dollar is worth over there.

I think the only reason you even want to go there is for pot.

I fucking hate all these people thinking Amsterdam is the greatest place in the world, when it's just as much of a shit hole as anywhere else, if not worse.

Shit is also very expensive over there. Especially the pot because dumb of dumb ass tourist like you.

Oh yeah, you'll probably also get beaten or robbed.[/quote]

I would fucking hate to have your outlook on life.

13. Amsterdam is sketchy as hell at night. Crime rates against tourists are also as high as the people that go there to visit.

14. [quote name='"jeffadamski93"']

Amsterdam is sketchy as hell at night. Crime rates against tourists are also as high as the people that go there to visit.[/quote]

So is any major city in the world. If you're going to live in any I them whether it be London, New York, LA, Amsterdam, Paris, whichever. It'll require some street smarts if you plan of living a normal life and not being a hermit. That's life. No need to adopt that attitude though. We live in a vicious world. Smoke weed. Deal with it.

15. dude if you wanna go, go ..... maybe go for a lil while see how it is, if you like it stay if you dont go back simple.

16. #17 stupots, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2011
    thats because some dumb asses keep buying their weed from the tourist coffeeshops, i pay at least 50% less per g to the average dam tourist shop and the quality is also better. Next time you come, take a trip out of amsterdam and see the real netherlands where you will also get the best weed at better prices.

op to answer your question. There are lots of jobs depending on your education level and languages spoken. Taxes are high but wages compensate, the infrastructure of the country is good but living expenses i.e rent can be high compared to european neighbors.

17. Yeah dude Netherlands got good black metal, I see why not go and postitots...

18. Sorry it just really grinds my gears for someone to say I want to move to Amsterdam. It would be like someone in Iraq saying I wish one day to move to the wonderful land of Massachusetts! Amsterdam isn't its own country.

19. Okay so I didn't word it well. But you could go around and ask people what the Netherlands was and most people couldn't tell you. Say Amsterdam and everyone knows it.