Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Grasscity.com 420 Sale - 25% Discount

pipe screens, bong screens???

• Please log in to reply

shanewazhere

shanewazhere

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
hey, im thinking about buying a bong and a pipe, how do i know what kind of screens to buy???? Im looking at the G-spot ice bong(in the glass waterpipe section 7th page) and the color splash spoon (in the color changing glass section 1st page) what are the best, brass, steel???? PLEASE HELP

XxJWxX

XxJWxX

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 1,116 posts
If your gettin the bong you wont need any screens man. I dont use screens on glass either, but if you feel like you really need one then just buy whatever's there, I always get steel for some reason.

eyecon

eyecon

blAZN

• Registered Upgraded
  • 264 posts
screens are more for metal crack pipes. for bongs think of the water as a really good screen.

henrx

henrx

psychoactively enhanced

• Registered Upgraded
  • 276 posts
agreed :D -no gauze in my bong hehe... pipes generally need one though to stop the burning bits hitting your throat... go for steel over brass i reckon

henrx

TrippieJ81

TrippieJ81

Hey!! My name aint Skip!!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 121 posts
For your bong either go buy a nice glass bowl (glass needs no screens) or get your self a cone bowl this lets the ash fall down the stem and into the water (hehehe makes for lonely days when ur dry just scrape it and smoke and you get tore the fuck up) for the glass pipe it is a sin to put a screen in glass the whole point of a glass pipe is so that you dont have to taste metal.

Trippie J

phunkyphil

phunkyphil

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 1,532 posts
faucet screens 4 life nigga

XxJWxX

XxJWxX

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 1,116 posts
fa sho

Reefer_Cat

Reefer_Cat

CORRUPT ROBO-COP

• Old School
  • 418 posts
You need a screen on glass pipes sometimes if they make the hole too big. If that happens you can just get a glass screen fpr 75 cents. More than half the time when my homies bought glass pieces the dude at the shop was cool enough to hook it up with a free one. I am more attracted towards brass screens for some reason. Has anyone actually tested if there was a difference?

Swan

Swan

hemphound

• Old School
  • 412 posts
I always smoke out of glass, and I use brass screens.I don't like steel screens cause they don't conform to the bowl easily.I buy them in bulk at my local head shop here. My glass waterbong uses no screen, however. Just H2O.

Attached Files

XxJWxX

XxJWxX

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 1,116 posts
h20 for life

Faded Spinner

Faded Spinner

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 203 posts
I say use screens for both. Screens help you conserve weed by preventing you from sucking any weed through the bong stem into the water or through the pipe. I suggest steel (brass tastes nasty). You might want to check out the thread "brass or steel screens"

KraziHare

KraziHare

Likes Carrots

• Old School
  • 2,443 posts
brass for glass
steel for...

...what rhymes with steal that's funny?

Actually, try not to use screens unless absolutely neseccary. like the other guys (and girls) said, the whole point of a bong is that the water is a filter. If you wanna conserve with a bong don't clean it for a while and then empty the water through a strainer. It'll smell like shit but if you wait long enough you'll have enough stuff inside for a decent bowl or so. make sure you dry it first too.

XxJWxX

XxJWxX

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 1,116 posts
Krazihare, I think he meant that by using a screen on a bong it prevents any weed that is still smokeable from falling down into the stem, which is a result from sucking too hard. If you had a screen then you'd get all the bud there, so maybe it is a good idea.

I however, dont use a screen on my bong, never did.

smithy321

smithy321

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
sure sure H2O 4ever.......i love this waterbongs: http://www.water-bon...lass-pipes.com/

shagrat

shagrat

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 266 posts
for your bong get a drop in glass gauze, it wont give you metal taste and it lasts forever. You just gotta clean it every now and then

XPiperX

XPiperX

Stoned

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,144 posts
What the fuck. ONE person in this thread knows about glass screens, and even though many people are saying theym own glass pieces, they aren't reccomending them, or even reccomending nasty ass metal screens FOR YOUR GLASS?

Gross.

Shorty413

Shorty413

• Registered Upgraded
  • 447 posts
ya im with piper...i was reading through this thread and was like...wtf am i the first one thats gonna recommend glass screens??

jigglyjames29

jigglyjames29

• Registered Upgraded
  • 147 posts
Definitely get glass screens if your bowl needs it. Many are meant to be used with them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users