Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Food based glycerin tincture in Edibles?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by HashSlasher11, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Hello blades,
    I have a tincture of 10mg/mL that was infused in 1 fl oz of food based glycerin and honey.
    Was wondering if I could just like make brownies and dump the tincture in while I am mixing the recipe? I'd rather feel the digestive aspects of the tincture than the sublingual.
    Thanks!

2. works for me just watch the temp VG turn to vapor at low temps thats why thay use it in E-SMOKES

3. I'm curious about this as well. I just made ~16oz of a VG based tincture and didn't realize how MUCH that really is... So I wanted to bake some stuff but wasn't sure if there are any recipes or things to make with a VG tincture that are better than others. Suggestions?

4. Tinctures don't have to be sublingual. I usually put a dropperful into a half-full can or bottle of Pepsi, or whatever I'm drinking. Works great!

5. Your tincture is best used in drinks if you're new to cooking... I have made many successful batches of brownies, and cupcakes and such, using tincture, but glycerin is a powerful vapor vehicle and you will lose some small amount of potency, mostly from the outer edges of your baked goods, and you can risk losing it all very rapidly if you cook for just a little too long.

Even when using glycerin as a simple sweetener alone, they recommend starting with more than you'll need when baking or cooking with it, because it really does vape off that easily.

"A little goes a long way.... However, when the glycerine is heated, some of its flavor evaporates, so you may wish to use a little more in cooked products. It is best to mix it into sauces after they have cooked" - Wholistic Research - Vegetable Glycerin, a plant-based sugar substitute

So baked goods are certainly possible if you are careful, however, you can easily and safely make truffles, soups, peanut butter canna bombs, frosting for your brownies, and more, using glycerin tincture. :) When heat is involved, if you have the option you should add your required number of doses at the end of heating.
    Examples of different items you can make using glycerin tincture below, and a link containing many recipes;

Photo Tutorial: Med Grade Hash & Canna Tinctures, recipes, and more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(in the frosting)
    [​IMG]

(in the marinade and basting glaze)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. having never consumed a tincture personally...only having experienced edibles and obviously smoking-i am curious as to how the digestive effects of the tincture differ from the sublingual?

7. Very good question :) The effect varies from digestive to sublingual administration more than you'd expect, for a few reasons...

Sublingually, a tincture will provide a smooth experience that is faster to begin, but shorter-lived. Buccal absorption is very similar. Under the tongue (or in the cheek) it is absorbed by mucous membranes and delivered more directly to the blood stream, with the cannabinoids and terpenes being as they are, in their current forms. The effects should last 2 - 4 hours.

Digesting tincture allows for a deeper, longer-lasting, somewhat more powerful overall sensation.

The liver can often dictate how a medicine or chemical interacts within your body, some medicines must avoid the liver, some are required to pass through it in order to be effective at all.

Sublignual absorption, not counting what you inadvertently swallow, bypasses the first-pass metabolism effect (which is normally considered a 'good thing', because an overly-hungry liver can degrade and over metabolize your potency), but it only does so because it bypasses the liver entirely.

When consuming your tincture for digestion, and your body is not hungry or starved for nutrition, you can avoid over-metabolizing and destroying your material during the first-pass, and you can then allow your liver to instead convert a large number of your activated cannabinoids, as they are currently, into even-more powerful, more-reactive forms including 11-hydroxy-THC, allowing the patient to benefit from the effects of both Delta-9-THC and 11-hydroxy-THC (or 11-OH-THC).

Compared to sublingual use, the effects of digestion can take longer to begin, but the overall effects may be stronger, and the length of the experience can last for six or even up to ten hours or more in some patients (many of whom describe waking up the following day 'still medicated' :p ).

8. thanks kitty !!! thats exactly what i was looking for...seems as tho it will be similar to what i had thought....now to locate some glycerin and give it a try:smoke:

9. just so you know. i love you. hahaha

10. <3 medicine