Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Food based glycerin tincture in Edibles?

• Please log in to reply

HashSlasher11

HashSlasher11

Jet life to the next lifE

• Registered Upgraded
  • 189 posts
Hello blades,
I have a tincture of 10mg/mL that was infused in 1 fl oz of food based glycerin and honey.
Was wondering if I could just like make brownies and dump the tincture in while I am mixing the recipe? I'd rather feel the digestive aspects of the tincture than the sublingual.
Thanks!

passengass

passengass

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 111 posts
works for me just watch the temp VG turn to vapor at low temps thats why thay use it in E-SMOKES

Viridis

Viridis

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm curious about this as well. I just made ~16oz of a VG based tincture and didn't realize how MUCH that really is... So I wanted to bake some stuff but wasn't sure if there are any recipes or things to make with a VG tincture that are better than others. Suggestions?

HerbLady

HerbLady

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Tinctures don't have to be sublingual. I usually put a dropperful into a half-full can or bottle of Pepsi, or whatever I'm drinking. Works great!

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

dirtydingusus

dirtydingusus

idfk

• Old School
  • 12,606 posts
having never consumed a tincture personally...only having experienced edibles and obviously smoking-i am curious as to how the digestive effects of the tincture differ from the sublingual?

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

• dirtydingusus likes this

dirtydingusus

dirtydingusus

idfk

• Old School
  • 12,606 posts
thanks kitty !!! thats exactly what i was looking for...seems as tho it will be similar to what i had thought....now to locate some glycerin and give it a try:smoke:

sublime83

sublime83

Badfish

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,106 posts

Your tincture is best used in drinks if you're new to cooking... I have made many successful batches of brownies, and cupcakes and such, using tincture, but glycerin is a powerful vapor vehicle and you will lose some small amount of potency, mostly from the outer edges of your baked goods, and you can risk losing it all very rapidly if you cook for just a little too long.

Even when using glycerin as a simple sweetener alone, they recommend starting with more than you'll need when baking or cooking with it, because it really does vape off that easily.

"A little goes a long way.... However, when the glycerine is heated, some of its flavor evaporates, so you may wish to use a little more in cooked products. It is best to mix it into sauces after they have cooked" - Wholistic Research - Vegetable Glycerin, a plant-based sugar substitute

So baked goods are certainly possible if you are careful, however, you can easily and safely make truffles, soups, peanut butter canna bombs, frosting for your brownies, and more, using glycerin tincture. :) When heat is involved, if you have the option you should add your required number of doses at the end of heating.
Examples of different items you can make using glycerin tincture below, and a link containing many recipes;

Photo Tutorial: Med Grade Hash & Canna Tinctures, recipes, and more...

http://forum.grassci...ore-single2-jpg

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image