Gravity/Monsanto Heads Up Sticky

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Chunk, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Ooooooh boy....

2. oh great...

3. #363 waktoo, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    Agent orange, 2,4,5-D, dioxin, DDT, PCB's...

Are you familiar with any of these products, and the effects that they have on the human body?

The chemicals they produce give the world CANCER, just like their food "products".

Yeah, Monsanto's "saving the world from hunger"...  :rolleyes:

Poison for profit...

4. #364 ProGMO, Oct 2, 2014
    Most of the those chemicals did their job. It was not the company that used them and the carcinogen pathology was forwarned by that company. It did not stop the governemnt or farmers from using them. Like any company they are not perfect and do evolve.

What is your critical response about the posted article? It is very interesting butif you must open your mind with a critical eye. An example would be for me to blame all organic farmers for starving populations with a potato famine or complete crop failure as happened before companies like Monsanto took an interest and investment (a chance) in not only protecting crops but also enhancing the weak genetics of nature. http://www.monsanto.com/newsviews/pages/agent-orange-background-monsanto-involvement.aspx

5. #365 waktoo, Oct 2, 2014

6. #366 Anatman, Oct 2, 2014
    GM crops are mainly utilized to help prolong unsustainable agriculture practices, they are enemies to biodiversity(sustain monoculture practices by developing plants that won't die when they douse the land with chemicals,) self-sufficency(creating sterile seeds, to require re-purchasing every year, instead of seed saving practices), and truth.

Do you know how one "genetically modifies" an organism? I suggest you read-up on the process, seriously:

• Using viruses or bacteria to "infect" animal or plant cells with the new DNA.
    • Coating DNA onto tiny metal pellets, and firing it with a special gun into the cells.
    • Injecting the new DNA into fertilized eggs with a very fine needle.
    • Using electric shocks to create holes in the membrane covering sperm, and then forcing the new DNA into the sperm through these holes.
    then how this modified DNA can accumulate in your body after ingested.

Genetic Modification is not new(eg. insulin for diabetics), but it needs more critical research before being presented to the public as a foodstock. As it stands, the FDA accepted research is bunk(just horrible scientific practices: short-length studies, observing non-critical variables, omitting contraindicating data, not to mention the conflict of interest that is the "revolving-door policy" of the FDA and Monsanto). Looking from the outside, in, the USA is a constant butt of jokes about GMOs, and our food in general(Nobody wants American chicken).

Then take a look at laws on labeling GMOs: Europe vs the USA.

7. #367 ProGMO, Oct 2, 2014
    Ahh labelling. Why don't companies label without being forced? Why does a government have to make companies do it? there is a hypocracy to it all.

I will let you educate yourself here: http://fafdl.org/gmobb/about-those-industry-funded-gmo-studies/

It was done by those very EU saints you love. Also, you may not know this but plants are quite different from animals and insects.

8. Very immature argumentive style. I will play, though not as good as you i am sure.

Hiipie pot head wannbe: Hey maaaaan i heard that company that is killing everyone is actually saving more lives by the millions than it ever hurt. They said PCBs were developed in 1929 so we know the chemical kabals were smarter than the oncologist at the time. Good thing Monsanto left chemical development and became agriculturally oriented in 2002.
    GMO Hater: Wut? take a bath and quite smoking that cheap shit your poor wierdo, join us know it alls! As a hyper elitist we need to be better group thinkers and tell lies about things we do not really know. Just look at the intenet, we can sperad BS fast that a texas cattle ranch! these GMOs are Bush's fault don't you know! I mean who would beleive thier own counter lies: http://www.monsanto.com/newsviews/pages/myths-about-monsanto.aspx
    Hippie pot head wannabe: Dood I must have had a brain cell activate for a second. you ar eright and I bow down to every anti-GMO word you say oh master and lord.
    GMO hater: Glad you came around now let us all repeat the same thing together and never move the deabte forward, it is what makes us group thinkers like the Nazis, the governemnts, and militaries of the world so strong!

9. #369 ProGMO, Oct 2, 2014
    You have one supporter here. I will leave you all to your group hug though. I am not a fan of limiting knowledge especially in what is frankly untruths. What did you think of the EU's conclusions? http://fafdl.org/gmobb/about-those-industry-funded-gmo-studies/

Just trying to add a Pro-GMO perspective from informed sources. i see how that is not well recieved here. Enjoy and have a better day!
    http://fafdl.org/gmobb/about-those-industry-funded-gmo-studies/

10. It was very presumptuous of me to speak as i was speaking for a group or "the group". I care not in the least if you care to educate us all on your topic of desire. Go forth and debate . I just happen to enjoy the beverly hillbillies.

Put your armor on and enjoy the jousting. It will be fun to watch...

11. What's this troll doing in the Organic forum?

12. Being a successful one, it seems.

13. For those in Colorado, vote YES on Prop 105. 105 would require genetically modified ingredients be labled on foods across the state, this is necessary.

14. what exactly is the counter-argument to gmo food labeling? 
    the only thing i keep coming across is some prediction that people will stop buying shitty foods, because they will be scared of the label. 

how is that a bad thing? lost profits for industrial agricultural companies? (and fake food companies).

i've yet to hear one reasonable argument to not support food labels.

p.s. at least i'm glad to see more companies join the non-gmo project http://www.nongmoproject.org/

15. Anyone else seen the new monsanto TV commercials? I couldn't believe it when i saw it. Disgusting.

Solo

Yep.

Two months worth leading up to the last election - the GMO measure which turned out to be the most expensive campaign ever waged in Oregon. They pulled out all of the stops.

Chunk probably saw a few of those himself from the media outlets in Portland. 

CC

I just saw one this morning on the local news.