The Official Ncaa Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Tuor, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Great games tonight:

Kentucky-Duke

Kansas-Michigan St.

2. I guess I'll be the first one to point out the new 30 second shot clock. Smart move by the NCAA.

3. Wait, it happened? I can give college bball a chance again?!?!

4. GO GREEN! TRIPLE DOUBLE!

[​IMG]

5. Denzel Valentine was balling uncontrollably last night. Lead Magnum TI to another final four big fella.

6. It happened man. And I can't say I noticed much of an effect in either game. But in really close games during crunch time I think we'll be seeing the most impact because it's now more difficult for a team to inbound the ball and just milk half a minute off the clock.

7. Still WAY too many fouls being called. That doesn't open the game up, as Dick Vitale suggested, but it does the exact opposite. Fans want less fouls and more open play, which leads to a better pace and more entertaining action (and more points).

8. Also don't like how coaches can't call timeouts in the final 4 minutes or whatever.. It's up to the players to call the timeouts.

9. Wow.. UNC taken down by Northern Iowa..

10. Eh. My Aztecs looked a little better tonight. They started hot, drilling their first 6 3's. It was pretty much over at that point. Lol.

Even still, I'm not seeing much flow or offensive rythym yet. I liked how they played a more perimeter game tonight. They've got some decent shooters, especially Dakarai Allen.

I like the freshman Hemsley too. Good from 3 point range and can get into the lane. He'll be essential in the next couple years, same with Kell and Cheatham.

11. Need Marcus Paige to return asap. The offense isn't the same without him.

I like Joel Berry, but his ball handling skills are average at best. Too many turnovers in this game so far. Kansas State looks pretty good though.

12. Yale got out to 9-0 run against Duke.

2 point game at half.

13. Denzel Valentine with another triple double tonight. Michigan State crushed Boston College

14. bro was ballin. this is a special team.

not to sound like that one florida state dude from the football thread but... I'm sure this team is winning it this year.

I've known denzel since we were kids and none of us ever thought he'd get this good. I remember a few years ago when he was a freshmen me and a few other friends who knew him/play basketball were talking about if he'd make it to the league or not and we didn't even think so. now he should be a top 10 pick.

15. My Aztecs had a nice win against 13/14 Cal last night.

Niiice.

16. Northeastern crazy win at the buzzer over #15 Miami.

17. Denzel Valentine with 32 points tonight. Player of the year baby

18. MSU vs Providence at 10 PM ET

19. MSU on a fuckin' roll. Undefeated, Wooden Classic winners. Great team so far.