The Official Ncaa Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Tuor, Oct 21, 2011.

1. I see a blue madness championship game. UK vs Duke

2. Fuck Duke and Kentucky

[​IMG]

3. anything but kentucky-duke, please.

4. Kentucky-wisconsin is gonna be a wild game. Too bad that cant be the championship

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I hate em both but you cant deny their toughness and resilience.

6. Wisconsin and michigan held it down as well tho. that bull sam Deckard the truth

7. UK fans rioting

Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Being from Kentucky I can't complain we didn't win last night but we did have one hell of a season regardless.

9. Nobody will remember this Kentucky team ...besides choking.

Should be a good title game. Rooting for Wisky for Big 10 pride. Decker is a beast.

10. Ohsnap!

Duke. Champs again!

Coach K is The Boss.

11. FUCK DUKE! That call was total bs at the end, Okafor clearly touched the ball. Whatever, what's done is done and I don't really care about NCAA bball, I just really fucking hate Duke.

12. @AdamMRuff: Duke attempted 57 free throws in the final four. Duke's opponents attempted 26. Duke outscored its opponents 43-16 from the line.

13. yeah.

i watch a lot of sports.. and if that wasnt conclusive evidence to overturn the call made on the floor, then i dont know what is.

from two different angles, it was 100% apparent that Okafor's finger grazed it.

in one of the angles you could actually see the ball bend his finger back it was in such high quality slowmo.

they very well may have still lost the game if the call had been reversed like it shouldve been.. but that was a big big fuckup by the officials.  don't know how they couldve missed that.

I believe it was Winslow's fingers, not Okafor's. Who cares, still BS. Also, Winslow AND Okafor both stepped out of bounds in last 5 minutes and no calls were made.

15. #1556 TimothyTheFirst, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
    cause it's duke.

aside from all the missed out of bounds calls (there were also several in the msu game)

coach k teaches his team to draw fouls the same way pitinio teaches pressure defense, izzo teaches rebounding or bo ryan teaches ball security.  it's horrible for the game.  if you listen to coach k talk he basically says it.  at half time of the NC he said "we aren't drawing enough fouls".  Then surprise surprise, the second half their free throw rate had to have been upwards of 50%.

It's horrible for the game of basketball imo.  Completely sidestepping the essence of the game.  You realize, he's always done it too.  Several years ago, he recruited 3 pt shooters and told them to flop on defense when the rules were set up to call more charging fouls.  They recently changed the way the game is officiated to call more blocking fouls on the d, and coach K recruits athletes who recklessly drive to the lane every possession, initiate contact and flail around, and get a foul call every time.  it's fuckin stupid.

I get it, it works.  He's the most successful coach in college ball.  But it's taking advantage of flaws in rules/officiating.  I hate it.  It's horrible to watch.  I imagine it's horrible to play against, and even if I was on his team I'd rather just...  play.  Kids don't grow up playing the game thinking "man I'm really good at drawing fouls, this is gonna take me far!".

I thought this article was kind of interesting and kind of speaks to it too.  mark cuban talking about how the current college game is bad for the nba. http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/12650607/dallas-mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-says-horrible-state-college-basketball-hurting-nba

16. I'm so happy Kentucky lost. Too many UK fans around these parts.\\

It makes me sick.

17. Ahhh it's college basketball time!

I'm watching SDSU vs. #16 Utah. Should be a good game.

18. 'tis college bball time, yo!

Can't wait for Kentucky and Duke tomorrow night.

Go Cats! My buddy is a huge Duke fan, so we love to piss each other off when it comes to the Tar Heels and Blue Devils, so I'll probably be over at his place tomorrow night for that so I can witness his frustration as he reminisces on last year.. Jahlil Okafar, Justise Winslow and Tyus Jones.. Those guys are gone and there's a new #1... TAR HEELS.

UNC is looking pretty good to start out the season. Our bigs are among the most athletic in the nation and once we get Marcus Paige back, we'll be playing like true contenders this year. Looking for Kennedy Meeks and Marcus Paige to be All-Americans this season.

Lot's of exciting things to look forward to this college basketball season. Can't wait 'til March!

19. Eh SDSU looked flat as fuck tonight. No offensive rythym even though they put up 70+.

Too many damn fouls too.