The Official Ncaa Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Tuor, Oct 21, 2011.

1. #1421 Crony, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
    PreSeason Polls are out! 

1.Kentucky
    2.Arizona
    3.Wisconsin
    4.Duke
    5.Kansas
    6.UNC
    7.Florida
    8.Louisville
    9.Virginia
    10.Texas

The ACC is going to be strong once again this year. Duke and UNC have potential this year, with a great freshmen class coming in to both programs. Not enough can be said about Kentucky and how they handled business last year, making to the ship as a 9 seed. I expect them to make a deep run into the tourney. I'm excited for the BIG 10 too. We only see one team in the top 10, but Mich St, Mich, Ohio State and even Nebraska and Minnesota will make a good run at the conference championship along with the favorites in Wisconsin. 

2. that game SDSU played against Arizona in the sweet 16 was frustrating.

they fucking had it.

3. i cant wait for college hoops to start up again

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Anyone watching the tip-off marathon? We got college hoops all night! Looking forward to some of these games.. 

I'm charging my vape now, sipping on a brew. I feel like it's going to be a good night. Watching Detroit vs. Oregon right now tied at half. 

5. #1426 donutbread, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    Does anyone notice that when the NBA 3pt line is drawn on the court, the college guys play behind it?

-(Tim)-
    TakeTheCrown

6. Pentagon Baby! SooFoo,SD ... Nice to see SF as a possible NCAA tourney site.

I should be there right now, but I'm stuck working.. fml.. 

7. Wichita st. And Memphis both look like trash but I'm too cold and comfortable to get up to get the remote to change it

first worrrrlld

8. mad I'm gonna miss the msu/duke game tonight, i'll be at work.

should get out in time for kansas and kentucky though...

9. #1430 AS420, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    urgg, my Aztecs did not shoot the ball well in the first half. They guarded well and thats why they're only down one to #25 Utah.

Gotta love early ranked match ups!

10. what channel is the duke game gonna be on

11. pretty sure its on ESPN.

that SDSU game had me sweatin'!

12. Duke is going to be tough to beat this year...

Let's go Sparty.. Let's see a comeback here.

13. I was hoping to see them come back too.

14. MSU is injury-riddled right now. They played hard. Okafor is a monster down low though. Duke, as we all knew, will be good. As will Kansas and Kentucky.

15. I knew my Wildcats were gonna be stellar this year, but I did not expect them to take it to Kansas quite that badly. If they don't win the title this year I will be stunned. I am so so happy that (college) basketball is back! :)

🎶High above at the edge of the world, we are searching for glory and peace, when the time has come, you will see our return to the land of the free!🎶

16. How many seasons have to go by before NCAA realizes the shot clock is way too long?
    I could take a power nap in the amount of time before college kids are forced to chuck up a shot.

My two rule changes if I had a say:

1. Shorten the shot clock to 28 seconds
    2. Make a tie-up force a jump ball, instead of the stupid possession arrow shit that has never made sense.

-(Tim)-
    TakeTheCrown

17. #1438 AS420, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    What an awful shooting performance my Aztecs displayed tonight. Dreadful.

Shooting 24 percent is not going to cut it down the stretch.

They have BYU coming up next and they're gonna be tougher than CSU Bakersfield. SDSU should have easily scored 70+ points tonight.

Nice debut from freshman Malik Pope, who added a few points but looked solid on defense.

18. #1439 Ryan Donnelly, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014
    pulling for wvu in the upset of uconn

19. If they just lowered the shot clock to 30 seconds that would be fine too. Hell even the women play with a 30 second shot clock..