The Official Ncaa Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Tuor, Oct 21, 2011.

1. man, virginia was pretty damn impressive.  I mean I can't say they were the best team I've seen all year because they lost, but...  well, yeah.

never forget
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqeB11YnZY0

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396163299.071793.jpg

Can everyone take a moment and realize how much of a douche bag Frank Kaminsky looked like after the game..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. State street in Madison was wild last night. I'm so upset I wasn't home for it...also that the Cyclones didn't win so it was kinda dead at school :/

4. Fuck Shabazz Nabier, that flopper. UConn was on sanctions in 2012...

and speaking of sanctions and cheating, Kentucky won too. Fuck collegiate athletics ahh

5. #1405 gloppypop, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
    Yeah, but MSU did play way too carelessly with 16 turnovers. Plus the scoring droughts. For me the game was painful to watch at times - how lacking we played during stretches.

God, plus Appling has had more fouls than points during the tournament :eek: He never really got healthy enough to contribute like he could have, I guess. We were able to make it pretty far with him being pretty much a non-factor, though.

Kinda sucks that these are the first seniors for Tom Izzo that won't make it to the Final Four. :( Crazy record Izzo had goin, but it woulda been tough to make it last forever perhaps.

At least U of M lost though :p

I gotta cheer on UConn at this point. Wisconsin too, I guess. Go Big 10.

Appling was arguably the best PG in the country before his injury. I feel bad for him. His wrist is fucked, obviously, and he lost confidence. He was an offensive liability. Funny though how UConn basically gets an Elite 8 home game. But the turnovers did MSU in ...16 TO's and blowing a nine-point lead after having all the momentum? Real sad.

I'm rooting for Wisconsin. I respect Bo Ryan. I don't respect UConn and Kentucky's programs; they are cheaters. Florida I just don't like ...Billy Donovan is kind of a snide car salesman.

7. Fun fact: Florida led by 14 points at halftime against Dayton, made only 5 FG's in the second half and still won by 10.

8. Does anyone else feel like the shot clock is 5-7 seconds too long?

9. #1409 sky_high, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    Well there you have it. The underrated, underappreciated squad comes out on top. Hope the same can be said about my Badgers.

Time to rip a bowl and witness history. Go Wisconsin!

10. Shit refs love Kentucky. 3rd game in a row refs handed games to their underachieving asses.

11. Devastated. I hate UK.

12. If Wisconsin would have been the bigger market they would have won by 10

13. The sanction championship: Kentucky against UConn. I wish both teams could lose. Don't know if I'll even watch.

14. Yeah I'm in the same boat. Doubt I will.

15. Wisconsin looking to be preseason #1. What the fuck is happening. -pits on end of the world gear-

16. As they should be. They were one play away from the National Championship. They're getting everyone back but one starter. Our freshman were sensational. If they aren't in the top 3, I'll be disgusted.

Go badgers.

17. Yes, them and Kentucky will probably be 1-2 to start the season.

18. Yeah that would make sense. As long as the Badgers are top 3, im good. Not that picky.

19. #1419 Crony, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    Not sure if many here have heard of Coach Meyer. Coach Meyer was a highly respected division II coach who escaped death and lived to brake Bobby Knights all time wins record in January 2009. He was a leader not only for his team but for the community as well. Coach Meyer's story touched sports fans all over the globe and his inspiring story won him an ESPY for the Jimmy V perseverance award. I grew up in the town where Coach had most of his success.

Coach Meyer passed away this year and I would like to share his story and pay my respect to a great man. RIP Coach. 

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f1lryv06QE[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwEiv3k5jlU[/media]

20. Im stoked for this season.

My Aztecs are shaping up to be a solid team this year.

Replacing Thames is gonna be tough, and Aqueel Quinn has big shoes to fill running the offense.

I expect big games out of Skylar Spencer. Maybe not so much on the offensive side, but hes gonna lock it up on defense around the hoop.