Qwiso Question

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ninja scrub, Oct 21, 2011.

1. When making qwiso, will leaving the bud/trim in the iso degrade thc (or anyother cannabanoids) at all? I know it lowers the quality by extracting undesirable substances (like chlorophyll), But i dont mind that as long as the thc isnt degraded.
    (is degrade a word or did I make it up in my head? Cuz the more i say it, the more "un-wordly) it sounds....)

2. Bump. (and yes, i figured out the whole "is degrade a word" thing.... I was too high for GC)

3. i wouldnt think so, but i have no idea, idk y i posted on this thread, i just saw u were the op so i felt like replying, sorry

4. Haha no need to apologize bro, any replies are welcome.

5. im pretty sure it wont degrade the thc but i wouldnt risk it, nice 25 second quick wash is all you need for a pure run then do a second run for that extra leftover thc

6. Ok here's the deal-e-yo.

THC gets dissolved into the Iso, so it's just chilling there floating around. But after about 30 seconds the Iso begins to break down the chlorophyll, caretenoids, and anthasomething. In other words bad taste and dark color, something you don't want in an Iso, smoking chlorophyll is just ASKING for a headache and is really unhealthy. Don't sacrifice quantity for quality.

7. We smoke chlorophyll when we smoke just straight bud dont we? Dosnt seem like it (the qwiso) would be any more likely to give you a headache than straight bud... never tried it though so im probably wrong.
    And im not trying to get a quality qwiso, i just want to get the most out of a plant that i may have to harvest early. I keep forgetting what im typing, so i cant really explain this very well.... i'll edit this later when i can think straight

8. Properly cured buds have little to no chlorophyll. All chlorophyll is evaporated and converted to sugars during drying and curing.

9. Couldn't one cure the extract to get the same effect? (of less chlorophyll, not other impurities)

On topic,
    I left my first "qwiso" run sit for ~6 hours after the shake. Obv not really a qwiso; I got much, much more black goo than any other amber goo, black goo, blonde/red/white/brown powder weight for weight than any other single run to date. And it got me blown; I don't have any left to test compared to my other runs, but even though "quality" was down I don't think it took me any more than what I'm smoking now. The only complaint from it was the taste; whether vaped or combusted, it left a BAD aftertaste (in my friends mouths, I can't taste haha)

So, from my experience, the ISO does not degrade the THC. Though if you taste your smoking experience at all, I'd take that into consideration with your wash. Also, from my 6 hour wash, I did not get headaches; neither did anyone else who tried it.
    Though, if you have the time and space, do what ndub19 said and just run it twice, one for quality and the other for quantity.

10. Qwiso generally isn't renowned for it's great taste anyways. You want tasty extract, go for bubble hash or even better butane hash.