Subcool super soil - smaller batches

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by booyaa, Oct 20, 2011.

1. [quote name='"InTheGarden"']maus, how many cubic feet (or gallons) of soil does the 1/8 recipe make? I would add maybe 1/4-1/2 cup of neem cake per cubic foot (7.5 gallons) of soil, depending on the amounts of other amendments you have in there.[/quote]

The mix only called for 1 1.5 cu/ft bag plus amendments (exactly the amounts called for except the azomite is GRD). So I'm assuming 2 cu/ft. I'm new to soil measurements so I'm probably off LOL.

2. Then I'd go with 1/2 cup neem meal (you already have a lot of other amendments in there I assume). Just make sure to give it plenty of time to sit to allow the nutrient cycling process to occur before planting in it.

3. Reference the BMO (Blue Mountain Organics) stuff, mentioned a page or so back. It's well made, and fairly priced IMHO.
    When precise feeding control is what you're looking for, it has an advantage over a super soil. I'm not against super soils, as I use them in outdoor planting holes often. I'm just saying, they both have their uses, advantages, and disadvantages.
    Super Plant Tonic, Specials - Combo Deals items in Blue Mountain Organics store on eBay!
    ^^ just in case anyone is interested....

4. Hey everyone

I just sprouted some seeds about two days ago and I believe I have mold already :( its on the bottom where the drain holes are. Don't know if its good or not. I'm using roots organic original formula by itself w/ no additives and a 1gal pot.
    Another question, do I leave the water in the drainage catcher or dump it? I know this should probably go in a help section but it seems to me that everyone here is well experienced w/ organic soil grows.

Attached Files:

5. Dump the standing water about 20 minutes after watering, so it will have a chance to be re-absorbed, if so needed.

Microorganisms are the backbone of organic growing, nutrient cycling, and life as we know it. Better get used to seeing things growing and crawling on your soil.

Life would not exists if it were not for these organisms.

6. [quote name='"Izzy Mandelbaum"']Dump the standing water about 20 minutes after watering, so it will have a chance to be re-absorbed, if so needed.

Microorganisms are the backbone of organic growing, nutrient cycling, and life as we know it. Better get used to seeing things growing and crawling on your soil.

Life would not exists if it were not for these organisms.[/quote]

Thanx for the info on the standing water but u really didn't answer if it was good or bad mold.

7. #68 420maus, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2012
    LOL, u don't have to be. U just have to have experience w/ this situation. Which apparently u don't.

Edit for your Edit Izzy: No u didn't.

8. [​IMG]

Still need more?

9. Just a little. that looks like the same mold as mine so thanx and sorry for assuming u couldn't answer my question entirely.
    R those smart pots? I was considering those for the transplant. I just wana know what to look forward to.

10. Thanks for this post. Quite long but really helpful. Hope I can d it correctly when It's my turn. :)

11. Thanks for breaking this down! Im out of my last batch and really don't need but a 1/4 of it and have been trying to break it down in size, with me second and third guessing my math work to find out I was wrong anyways.
    Thanks again.

This is a great recipe. If your leary of making up your own recipe soil mix this is a great place to start.

BigBudE

12. #73 drrjr74, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
    Just got all the stuff to make going to mix it up

13. Hello Growers,

I wanted to share some information that relates to Subcool Supersoil.

The word from some of Subcools close circle says that the company GoodLand Gardening is going to be making soil for Sub. They have a formulation they call the Supercharged Mix that is Subs recepie plus some extra love. I am currently using the mix in the bottom half of the container and am using GoodLands Growers Gold on the top half to save money. I want you to know that Subcools Mix has been proven for a lond time and GoodLands version is working extremely well for me. Definitely a JAW formula. 

Check out my thread and see for yourself (GoodLand Gardening Growers Gold Supersoil). You can also go to the Weed Nerd on You Tube. Subcool is running a quadrant of Timewreck that is finishing in the Supercharged Mix that is looking pretty sick! Should be finished in about 2-3 weeks I think. You cant go wrong making up this formulation. I guarantee you will have excellent results if you have good genetics!

Have a good one!

Brix

14. GoodLand Gardening = Grow-Biotic

A 'feeding chart' is provided! Wee!

15. #76 GiMiK, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Turn it every other week. To give the beneficial bacteria to activate.you will see it on top of your soil it will look like mold that is the poop from the mycros that's good.

17. Having trouble finding outdoor organic soil recipe for 100+ gallons as I have 100 gallon smarties any direction would be appreciated thank u in advance

18. #79 ItMustBeOrganic, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2015
    coots recipe is laid out per c.f. and a c.f. is 7.5 gallons of soil. so just figure out how many c.f. 100 gallons is and ur good to go with coots recipe

its 13.33

• Like Like x 1
  19. What exactly is a large bag? I think 2cf is pretty big but I can get 3.8cf promix bags. Which say they expand to about 6cf. I plan to use about 70 gallons and it should be reusable for awhile. Maybe make about 80 gallons or so for a little extra.