How do I do a grow journal safely?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Irie67, Oct 20, 2011.

1. I am 90% there on my knowledge and I know doing a grow journal would be the key to filling in the other 10%. But I'm paranoid about pic posting and doing a journal all together. I'm from a state that is not medical. Are there some guidelines I need to follow to stay safe. Too much risk? no risk? I'm not very computer savy so if I need to do any detail computer stuff to stay safe, a guide would be nice. Thanks in advance

2. I too, am interested in hearing how to stay safe while journaling.

3. Do not use a phone/camera for photos with gps/mapping etc. Do not show photos of pets, family members, or identifiable items either in the living areas or outside of your home. Do not post photos of your vehicle and especially your license plate. If you're really concerned about being tracked down, remember to cut out the tips of your fingers from photos as well, to remove the prints.

But in short, generally, common sense is all you need when making and sharing a grow journal. :)

The site itself (shop first, then the forum) has been safe for just over an entire decade now, as far as I know, we've never had anyone return to complain that the forum somehow got them busted, even when they were a little 'foolish' or obvious about what they shared :) It's in the 'real world' that you really need to be most careful; specifically, you should have your odor under control, and you should limit who knows about your grow (ideally, no one but you and your spouse/housemate should know... yes, housemates on the same lease, who do not have separate leases for individual bedrooms, should be aware of what you're potentially getting them into, legally-speaking, should you get caught).

4. awsome! Thanks a lot.

5. Argh.. I guess i have some liability's now......never go halfs with someone you can't fully trust i don't think hes smart enough to not take pictures with his Iphone...

6. Use a proxy if you're excessively paranoid. Keep whatever info you post in threads/your profile etc vague and non-identifying. Share with our great community here and do not tell ANYONE in real life. No SMELL, no TELL, no SELL.

7. whats a proxy?

8. proxy's are USELESS. That being said just grow, smoke, pay tax's where tax's are due and be happy, ya see tax's are the main thing cuz the us already spends over 50 BILLION $$ a year to incarcerate people.... you are ssssooo far down their list that they can't even see you.....be happy.. all you do(presumably) is grow some weed,who know's you might even be a productive member of society(that pays their tax's).

9. i agree.

But I'm not worried about the law, I'm trippen on some computer geek wizard thief pro who just so happens to be browsing the GC waves (or the IP addresses of anyone's grow that catches his eye) and discovers I'm only a few miles away. Him and his buddies could chill out, watch my thread, and when the times right; get all my goods!

Or is that the paranoia talking?

10. Exactly and...

Dont get your face in any shot or any tattoos or other easily identifiable features and dont take pictures of anything in the shot that could be recognized by anyone that may have been to you place or may ever come to your place.

Dont use your real name (duh) dont talk about your 2 brown dogs, dont talk about your wife, 13 year old son and 7 year old daughter...

Other than that your in your own world with us!

11. unless you guy's are burning over 10k ..you guys are soo paranoid.

12. Growers get ripped off by thieves who discover their grow ops, much more frequently than they are busted due to electricity consumption, even in the above-10k-range.

But that aside, considering people have been raided for growing everything from tomato plants, to hibiscus and sunflowers, after being mistaken for growing cannbis, while using everything from simple sunlight to a mere hundred or so watts, I'd say it's not paranoia at all, but rather it is worth it being intelligent, about what you share. Which is primarily what the above advice has centered around. :) These days, the authorities get the wrong idea in their head, and next thing you know, you're explaining your rosemary and the parsley you brought in for the winter.

Many people have been brainwashed by this 'share all' phenomenon. With facebooks, and myspaces, the youth of today has no concept of privacy or discretion, through no fault of their own; it's just the way life has been presented to them, and the environment they are being brought up in.

But it's important to know the difference between paranoia, and common sense.

And most of the above, falls into the latter category.

It's frightening to think that we now have a growing number of people, who would consider privacy and discretion, paranoia. But it's understandably hard for some folks to understand the difference, when we've gone from keeping our personal life, personal, to, well... twitter. :D

http://www.homelandstupidity.us/2007/04/13/cops-bust-yet-another-tomato-grower/

13. "Just because you're paranoid, don't mean their not after you"-Kurt Cobaine

14. damn !! you are a bad kitty

15. Thanks guys that was very helpful. I think paranoia is my friend . It keeps me out of trouble.

16. Take a look around your house. How many things are probably illegal but you are still free? What stays in your house never leaves and nothing ever happens. When people go out and cant resist talking about their killer plants thats when they screw up. That and for sharing grow info is the reason for comming to forums like this one. IP addresses change so often that unless you have a wireless router and someone is setting in your drive way, I would not worry about it.

17. sorry wrong site....dude man calm down , do you have any idea how many of US there are in the u.s.?.... too many to keep track of.

18. amen about paranoia being your friend its my friend too, it sucks but it keeps me on my toes sometimes and trust i have some with smoking i have a.d.d. and anxiety

19. i got a.d.d.d AND paranoid schitzo' .....so i got you beat.