• Oct 18 2011 08:17 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • sunwave
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:17 AM

Ok so i understand that a carbon filter will keep the smell away while the plants are flowering... but then you take your plants out of the cabinet/growbox/closet and manicure your weed and then leave them out to dry... It will smell like weed everywhere obviously... So how does someone thats growing in a closet or a small space, manicure and dry their weed somewhere safe without it stinking up your entire house?
Replies (6)

• master bator

• Tihspeed
  • Gold Member
  • 9,242 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

close the door to the room and keep the filter running... eventually the smell will go away... it should not linger for long....

light up a joint, that should make the smell go away:p

• hobbyist, organic

• Thicken Dense
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

You have to dry it in the same space as the carbon filter, OR rig up another closet with a recirculating carbon scrubber. DIY ona bucket <search that term, is another option to cover the smell.

Whatever you do, you'll have to ventilate and circulate the air just like when you were growing. I harvested the other day and my whole house STINKS like dank, I'm going with the DIY ona bucket to cover the smell.

• Medical Grower

• Grow Vault
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 640 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

Setup a small tent and harvest inside it...with a carbon filter going inside the tent...works if your somewhere you can't let the smell out.
Of course this won't work for everyone.

SignSmoker

• Medical Marijuana Patient

• MaineCronic
  • Bronze Member
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

I ran into the same problem as you, but probably for different reasons.
I am a medical patient, so I do not try to hide the scent because of the risk of getting caught, its because I have neighbors (i live in a duplex) and the couple has very young children.
Out of respect for them, I choose to do everything possible to mask any odor from my grow.

what I have found is that it is very hard too completely mask the scent at all times. Especially the trimming process. If you dont have a harvest pro, a decent size plant could take you an hour or more to trim. I cant put a chair in my tent and sit in there and have enough room to comfortably spend hours trimming my weed, nor would I want to.

so I mean its kinda long story here, but when I trim my tree's I bring them to a completely new location, and then bring them back to dry and cure them (in my tent)

• rhapsodyrcks
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:39 PM

Ok so i understand that a carbon filter will keep the smell away while the plants are flowering... but then you take your plants out of the cabinet/growbox/closet and manicure your weed and then leave them out to dry... It will smell like weed everywhere obviously... So how does someone thats growing in a closet or a small space, manicure and dry their weed somewhere safe without it stinking up your entire house?

Easy. I live in a one bedroom apartment. I have a couple HEPA filters I turn those on light some incense, keep the carbon filter running. Never really a issue.

I use my tent to dry in never any smells at all.

• PipPip
  • sunwave
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:58 AM

I still dont know what to do...

I will be growing in a cabinet type of box i build myself.. The carbon filter will be hooked up to it... I cant crawl into a little box and manicure my weed in there lol.

I cant dry my weed in there either.

If i take the plants out to manicure them it pretty much defeats the entire purpose of having run a carbon filter in the 1st place cuz i coulda just grown without it and stunk up my entire house... Just like its gonna happen once i start manicuring... So how do i make sure the smell doesnt go through my entire house and everywhere outside while im manicuring my weed?

Edited by sunwave, 22 October 2011 - 03:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved