Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Where/How to manicure/dry your weed after growing in an isolated space

• Please log in to reply

sunwave

sunwave

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ok so i understand that a carbon filter will keep the smell away while the plants are flowering... but then you take your plants out of the cabinet/growbox/closet and manicure your weed and then leave them out to dry... It will smell like weed everywhere obviously... So how does someone thats growing in a closet or a small space, manicure and dry their weed somewhere safe without it stinking up your entire house?

Tihspeed

Tihspeed

master bator

• Gold Member
  • 9,242 posts

Thicken Dense

Thicken Dense

hobbyist, organic

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,185 posts
You have to dry it in the same space as the carbon filter, OR rig up another closet with a recirculating carbon scrubber. DIY ona bucket <search that term, is another option to cover the smell.

Whatever you do, you'll have to ventilate and circulate the air just like when you were growing. I harvested the other day and my whole house STINKS like dank, I'm going with the DIY ona bucket to cover the smell.

signsmoker

signsmoker

Medical Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 569 posts
Setup a small tent and harvest inside it...with a carbon filter going inside the tent...works if your somewhere you can't let the smell out.
Of course this won't work for everyone.

SignSmoker

MaineCronic

MaineCronic

Medical Marijuana Patient

• Bronze Member
  • 1,843 posts

rhapsodyrcks

rhapsodyrcks

• Banned by Moderators
  • 8,164 posts

Ok so i understand that a carbon filter will keep the smell away while the plants are flowering... but then you take your plants out of the cabinet/growbox/closet and manicure your weed and then leave them out to dry... It will smell like weed everywhere obviously... So how does someone thats growing in a closet or a small space, manicure and dry their weed somewhere safe without it stinking up your entire house?

Easy. I live in a one bedroom apartment. I have a couple HEPA filters I turn those on light some incense, keep the carbon filter running. Never really a issue.

I use my tent to dry in never any smells at all.

sunwave

sunwave

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I still dont know what to do...

I will be growing in a cabinet type of box i build myself.. The carbon filter will be hooked up to it... I cant crawl into a little box and manicure my weed in there lol.

I cant dry my weed in there either.

If i take the plants out to manicure them it pretty much defeats the entire purpose of having run a carbon filter in the 1st place cuz i coulda just grown without it and stunk up my entire house... Just like its gonna happen once i start manicuring... So how do i make sure the smell doesnt go through my entire house and everywhere outside while im manicuring my weed?

Edited by sunwave, 22 October 2011 - 03:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users