Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Reading emotions of people after smoking weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LovingTree, Oct 18, 2011.

1. I've actually thought about this... but I think the problem of everyone entering it here is, it is just such a popular field nowadays. It is hard to make it in psychology.

2. i was gona reply to this thread with a good story, but i completely forgot what i was gona say :smoke: ... damn

3. [quote name='"BunnyToast"']

I've actually thought about this... but I think the problem of everyone entering it here is, it is just such a popular field nowadays. It is hard to make it in psychology.[/quote]

This.

But i suppose you shouldn't give a shit about what other people do. With enough determination, you'll make it some how. I've considered it too but I'm 21 and I have bills to pay. There's no way I'd be able to go back to college.

4. [quote name='"Happy Times"']I watch the show Lie To Me all the time on netflex, baked as shit.[/quote]

This.

5. I've felt this for sure. Was in a room once with some friends, and it was just all of us joking around. Stories and shit. It seemed normal. One guy there is known for being a douche a lot of the time, but it all seemed normal. So we light up a j, and my perception of this guy slowly starts to change. About halfway through the joint, I realize he has been a super douche the whole time. Like, he's just trying way too hard to be chill and "cool". I keep smoking, and notice that he keeps glancing at me during aggressive parts of the conversations, and I just got this vibe. Like, damn, he is totally hostile toward me right now! Happened all night, was weird. Wouldn't have even noticed.

I also feel like I can "see" shifts in momentum and shit if I watch people talking to eachother. Hard to explain. Kinda weird. It's nothing psychic, I just feel like I'm much more focused and attentive.

6. ive always been able to do that man. im pretty good at judging character and telling if someone is bullshitting me. its a good way to find out who all your true friends are and who just wants a free smoke. but its a good thing to be able to look at facial expressions and things people do with their hands eyes nose and cheeks when they are lying. im sure if you Google it you can find some sort of guide on that shit. but its really easy to tell if your friends are being sincere at least for me

7. Neurotransmitters. Plain and simple. Its real, you're more in tune, focused, and processing quicker, which allows for a correct collective comprehension of the stimuli being presented.

I use cannabis to lessen my over analyzing, caused by low latency, to a more manageable level, specifically sativa dominant hybrids.

Use it to refine your life. Who knows how long life is, so why bother filling it with people that don't care enough to be themselves with you. Since getting my mmj card I've dropped four people and never looked back. They've been replaced with better friends.
    If its family, bring it to their attention but look past it if it continues... they're family. :rolleyes:

8. You just blew my mind man.

9. Are the majority here in this thread by any chance Pisces? If so that can serve as a gateway to other psychic abilities. I for one have the same experiences but i try to control it and activated when sober,more towards enhancing when sober.

Have a JOLLY good day,old bean :wave:

10. i can do it high or not it's not really hard and don't realize why most people can't? i mean of course i couldn't read yours (assuming you can control you're facial expressions as well as me) but most people leave em so blatenly open for everyone to see.

11. Op I know exactly what you're talking about.

It's seriously crazy shit when you can read those around you like a damn book.

Fun as hell too though :p

12. Weed has made me realise which people I care for and who I don't.

Some people I simply hate now because of their personality and such. Im so glad bud has opened my eyes that way. Just allowed me to get away from those people instead of just trying to stay on their good side.

Does even relate to topic? Anyway, weed is good.

13. yes this happens to all heavy smokers

14. I really like this topic a lot and could see what you mean. Since I started smoking weed, I noticed a lot of things like you like you said OP seeing through people's bs, lies and egos trying hard to fit in so they would feel comfortable in their own skin. The people that used me for bud I don't chill with anymore, I love chilling with people you feel a natural connection with, like you can tell they are being honest and sincere with you without putting a shrug just to impress you. Weed is deff something else.

15. how do you come to the conclusion they're fake?

16. [quote name='"esauftw"']

That's a good idea. I suppose it's snips fake people right out of your life. I guess if you look at it a different way then it can be something to embrace rather than hinder. Ever since it started to occur a lot I have been searching for a way to stop it happening, maybe I don't need too. Maybe its a gift? Maybe I can use it enhance my life?[/quote]

Exactly man, turn it into a positive...keeping a journal lowers stress, anxiety and nervousness, I dont have the links on me at the moment but this is all proven. I've been sort of conducting my own research with my journals, noting when Im smoking Sativa or Indica, Pipe, bong, jay, vape...and then attempting to make correlations between that and the scores on my daily positivity scale...which is two separate graphs i make ranging 1-10, one i select prior to reviewing my days notes, the other i choose after...after reviewing Ive never scored lower..I always feel better...

Sound time consuming? I do the journal entries at random points during the day in less than 2 minutes, and reviewing it before bed takes 10..and the journal will prove just how many positive results have come from this for me :) Give it a shot

17. I can relate to most of the people here. I know exactly what you guys are saying and I have only 1 question...

Do we perceive these emotions/body language/vibe because we are high (and in case meaning that our analysis is correct), OR are we just being paranoid and its all in our head?

I'm not exactly sure about this, but if I'm remembering correctly.. the majority of the time that I could clearly tell that someone was being fake/bullshiting, I was also at least slightly paranoid... Does paranoia have any links to false evaluations of a social situation?

18. [quote name='"Bong n a Blintz"']

Exactly man, turn it into a positive...keeping a journal lowers stress, anxiety and nervousness, I dont have the links on me at the moment but this is all proven. I've been sort of conducting my own research with my journals, noting when Im smoking Sativa or Indica, Pipe, bong, jay, vape...and then attempting to make correlations between that and the scores on my daily positivity scale...which is two separate graphs i make ranging 1-10, one i select prior to reviewing my days notes, the other i choose after...after reviewing Ive never scored lower..I always feel better...

Sound time consuming? I do the journal entries at random points during the day in less than 2 minutes, and reviewing it before bed takes 10..and the journal will prove just how many positive results have come from this for me :) Give it a shot[/quote]

That does sound very useful. Im glad you added the last part because im quite a lazy fucker, so when it comes down to committing to anything like this I tend to hype myself up about it and then I drop it through laziness within a few days. I will definitely give it a go though, just to see if I can learn something about myself.

[quote name='"Sevexius"']I can relate to most of the people here. I know exactly what you guys are saying and I have only 1 question...

Do we perceive these emotions/body language/vibe because we are high (and in case meaning that our analysis is correct), OR are we just being paranoid and its all in our head?

I'm not exactly sure about this, but if I'm remembering correctly.. the majority of the time that I could clearly tell that someone was being fake/bullshiting, I was also at least slightly paranoid... Does paranoia have any links to false evaluations of a social situation?[/quote]

This is what I was worried about. You never know if what you're assuming is the actual truth or some paranoid delusion because you're stoned.

19. Damn that sounds really interesting man. You'll have to let me know what you mind out. xD

20. I have had this for a while... it's a blessing and a fucking curse.