Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

humidity dome?

• Please log in to reply

JoeTheWork

JoeTheWork

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
i have 3 plants placed under a 400watt super HPS. i germinated the seeds and planted them in soil on friday. they are beginning to develop their second set of leaves. what is the best way to make a humidity dome for them. they are in 3 gallon buckets

Similar Topics: humidity dome?     x

FinallyLegal4Me

FinallyLegal4Me

"Thristin 4 knowledge"

• Registered Upgraded
  • 291 posts

i have 3 plants placed under a 400watt super HPS. i germinated the seeds and planted them in soil on friday. they are beginning to develop their second set of leaves. what is the best way to make a humidity dome for them. they are in 3 gallon buckets

try using a 2 liter bottle.. just cut the top off and place right over the plant in the dirt.. dont put the bottle under to much dirt but u get the idea.. i actually use 2 liter bottle as a dome because the 7 inch store bought ones wouldnt keep humidity in.. great for cloning i think and cheapest way.. i try to be a DIY'er when ever possible to save money. :smoke::wave:

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0430.jpg
  • 100_0434.jpg

jrw420

jrw420

flippin manure piles

• Registered Upgraded
  • 435 posts
what he said^^^ also a clear plastic cup..

FinallyLegal4Me

FinallyLegal4Me

"Thristin 4 knowledge"

• Registered Upgraded
  • 291 posts

what he said^^^ also a clear plastic cup..

LOL im a chick BTW

and also u could even use a pretzel container? ya know the big ones u get at sams club.. clear plastic bubble type of jar? any clear plastic container would work.. u can cut it to fit ur needs... hope that helped.

jrw420

jrw420

flippin manure piles

• Registered Upgraded
  • 435 posts

LOL im a chick BTW

and also u could even use a pretzel container? ya know the big ones u get at sams club.. clear plastic bubble type of jar? any clear plastic container would work.. u can cut it to fit ur needs... hope that helped.

just listen to everything SHE says...:)

FinallyLegal4Me

FinallyLegal4Me

"Thristin 4 knowledge"

• Registered Upgraded
  • 291 posts

just listen to everything she says...:)

lol ;)

JoeTheWork

JoeTheWork

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
thanks guys/girls lol. for the 2 liter soda bottle, should i take the cap off and or put holes in the pastic so air can get in?

FinallyLegal4Me

FinallyLegal4Me

"Thristin 4 knowledge"

• Registered Upgraded
  • 291 posts

thanks guys/girls lol. for the 2 liter soda bottle, should i take the cap off and or put holes in the pastic so air can get in?

u dont need to put holes in it.. just leave the cap on so humidity can build up.. what i do is once a day i take the top part of the cut bottle off for about 30 mins then back in they go and it works great for me.. i usually cut the bottle in the middle so when putting it back on u can adjust the size if needed.. i have some short ones and taller ones so it works great. and also by removing the cap u can spray the water through it so u dont have to keep takin it apart just unscrew the cap spray and replace it :wave::smoke: hope that helps

decrimCA

decrimCA

• Registered Upgraded
  • 296 posts

I have to admit that I don't use humidity domes, so I don't know they're all that necessary.

I like the ideas that are being passed around though, really ingenius Macgyver stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users