1000w 4x4 Grow Tent; Venting it cool..

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by zq8s10, Oct 17, 2011.

1. #41 zq8s10, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2011
    Okay so i do have three ft to grow in.. Good point. However, the 1000 watt is definitely ideal man.. Thats my point.

Which I will only veg 30 days and will top around 18 days.. Last grow was done the same way.. They were about 9 inches when I switched and about 25 inches when chopped. I do realize the 1000 will produce bigger buds than the 400.. But I will be vegging with the 400 so I Dont think height will be an issue at 3ft. I will be growing dinafem critical + .. 9 of them.

If anything.. I could supercrop right?

Back to old dude in pain.. The best way and only way i know of when using co2 in a tent or any sealed room is with 2 fans. You have the co2 on a timer.. I will post pics to show you that an aircooled hood with its own 400+ cfm pulling cool air in and out directly thru the hood. This alone will allow 85-89 degree temps which is best when using co2.. U can even put the room exhaust fan and the co2 valve on seperate opposing timers.

I was just wanting to be cheap and not order 2 fans.. But theres a right way to do things i guess... Whatever im tight.

2. You have 3414 BTU heater in that tent. You cut those blowers and i'm betting that temp exceeds 100 easy. You run the blowers and the co2 is wasted and sucked into the attic. With 3' of growing space you have little room to even raise the light. I don't think you will be using co2 without a better cooling system.

ODP

3. Your just very negative man, look at all the 4x4 grows with 1000s. Very few of them have as much as I'm doing for venting. Most of them that you search will tell you just use one fan, with a carbon filter and air cooled hood. I'm going to be running a 400 plus cfm fan just for the hood, shooting the heat from the bulb straight out of the closet.

Perhaps you should read a little more about co2. Its called a closed loop system, you have one fan in the tent, that intakes and exhaust in the tent, basically all your doing is filtering the air, you have it suck from inside the tent, filter it, then exhaust it back into the tent, while at the same time you have the bigger inline fan running outside a/c temperature air, running straight thru the hood, and blowing it out the other side. doing this with a 1000 watt 4x4, you can run consistent temps of 79 degrees with the room the tent is in at 70 degrees. Thats proven fact. When my order comes in, I'll post some pics and show you.

Theres several 1000 watt 4x4 closed loop systems ran just like mine after looking, and the thing is, I wont be running co2 yet, so I' will also be exhausting air out the tent, so it won't even be sealed, or "closed".

this guy got 1.5 lbs easy with just one 320cfm fan on an aircooled hood in a 4x4:
    4x4 Tent, 1000w, 6"inline............ 1.5 LBS dry YIELD!!

this guy runs a 1000w 4x4, and pulls 27oz off before, now runs perpetual harvest as 75 degrees in his flowering chamber

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...perpetual-og-lsd-slh-more-fox-farm-style.html

just two quick ones i pulled in about 3 seconds.. you should search the closed loop ones, they would probably blow your mind ole man...

4. Just trying to help you out with some advice and save you a bunch of cash. As I pointed out with the inverse square law there is very little difference between a 600w and a 1000w. Your not going to get some large magical yield increase.

Scrog and c02 are going to help you more there.

My goal has never been yield. Its about growing the largest amount I can with the least effort and making it perpetual. That and doing it as cheaply as I can. I'm estimating a pound this grow of minimal effort and $4 in nutes. I'm not selling it and can only smoke so much. My goal is also to experiment and have fun. Micro managing a bunch of small plants in a tent is not my idea of fun.

If my goal was yield I would just add another tent, 600w light and blower for around $400. For that matter I could add 2 more on top of that lol. Why? So I can say look at my large yield?

When someone points out these yield threads it just makes me scratch my head and go so what. Any monkey can buy equipment and get a large yield as long as the can follow instructions. There is no magic here lol. So you grew 3.146 oz more weed than me> And?

My effort into the coming days will be into micro pc sized grows for experimenting. Doing feminized seeds. Making my own strains. I have a barometric pressure experiment I want to do. etc.

Anyways... I wish you luck in your quest for yield.

ODP

5. No he is not just a very negative person...
    He is one of them people that know it ALL, he is right everyone else is wrong...

This is the type of person we find in the forums all the time that you just do not respond to because no matter what you do or say, again he is right everyone else in the whole world is wrong....

Just like when I posted the suggested minimum light requirements his response was...

Which CLEARLY tells me he has NO CLUE what the fuck he is talking about!!!

People like this you just do not respond to and let them live in their own little world..

I think you're right on track zq8s10... ;)

Not saying you won't have to deal with little issues during your grow, because we ALL have little issues which pop up, but again, you're on track for a nice setup....

So don't pay any attention to the people which know it all after their first grow, roll with the punches, and you will do fine...

Good luck, I'm out... :wave:

6. #46 OldDudeInPain, Oct 20, 2011
    Your posting lumens info but have no clue about the inverse square law and candle power... Yes I laughed alot over this one. As a noob its in my first grow journal. A complete noob knew this and you the expert had no clue.

You cannot add up the usable space in a tent correctly. Along with being challenged by lumens. Again a complete noob has to point it out to you.

This thread was about a 1000w in a 4x4 space. I proved it was overkill. Yes it has more penetration but the op is limited to a 3' grow space.

You operate on myths, BS and then you get BUTT HURT and have to take it to a personal level.

ODP

7. Ummmmmm, when did you PROVE that a 1000w in a 4x4 was an overkill???

Again, you're right, the world is wrong...
    All I was doing is giving the base suggested lighting requirements for marijuana...

Again,
    Minimum is 30w per sq ft.
    Minimum Suggested is 50w per sq ft.
    and most old time SOG and or SCRoGgers swear by 75-100w per sq ft...

So again a 1000w lamp in a 4x4 tent will give you 62.5w per sq ft...
    Which IMO is better than 37.5w per sq ft any day of the week...

There is ALWAYS a height restriction in tents using either the 600w or 1000w...
    Then the 1000w can be used in ANY hood you can use the 600w in..

If you think that 1000w in a 4x4 is an over kill, good for you...

So to end this, you're right because you got one grow under your belt, and everyone else in the world which has years of growing experience is wrong...

K-Den,
    Thank you for playing... ;)

8. I put a 1000w in my 3x3 tent and its hot in there, but the plant seems to really be liking it. I need to get another fan so I can cool the light through and through and exhaust the tent like JJ said..

9. Can you do basic math? can you read a chart? You are NOT getting the lumens you think you are. The inverse square law says you are WRONG. As well as the candle power chart.

Keep arguing against basic math and science... Now you know why i'm laughing.

I proved there is little difference between the usable lumens between a 600w and a 1000w. 400 wasted watts - overkill. Wasted electricity - overkill. Unneeded equipment - overkill. Wasted cash - Overkill.

Dude... at least try and understand the math here. Make an attempt. I know i'm a noob and all but this is really not that hard to understand.

ODP

10. Well you're (IMO) on the verge of an over kill...
    (well you're maybe slightly overkilling there... lol ;) )

But my 3x3 tent is really 39" x 39"...
    It is listed as a 3x3' tent but really is a 3'-3" tent, so is 10.89 sq ft.

1000 ÷ 10.89 = 91.82w per sq.
    I ran a 600w in my 39" x 39" tent...

IMO..
    3x3 = 600w
    4x4 = 1000w
    5x5 = two 600w
    4x8 = two 1000w

Again, I try to get as close to 50w per sq ft as I can...
    But if doing SOG or SCRoG, I try for 60w - up to 80w per sq.

Dude, I posted Lumen because a lot of old timers still use Lumen to figure out the required light for an area... I personally DO NOT use Lumen when choosing a lamp for a given chamber...

I understand what you're saying, the distance directly effects the Lumen which is available to the plants... I GET IT...

Thus WHY I personally do not use Lumen and use WATTS PER SQUARE..
    Again, it seems with your ONE TRACK MIND, you do not see the obvious...

That's why you pointed out the obvious with the height restriction in a tent..
    Every tent I have ever come across is 7.6" high, to where 95% of bedrooms are 8' to 8-1/2' high... That extra 6" to a foot makes a HUGE difference...

So again, it's obvious that if you're going to grow in a tent, you will have height restrictions, but we're not talking about this, he wanted to know if a 1000w lamp would work in a 4x4 tent, or should he use a 600w.....

So I'm not sure how many f**king times I have to say it.....

1000w lamp in a 4x4 tent will give you 62.5w per sq ft...
    Which IMO is better than 37.5w per sq ft any day of the week...

But I'm not going to argue with you...
    YOU'RE RIGHT AND EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG...

OK????
    Good grief... :rolleyes:

11. Lets see if I can make this really really simple for you. With a 600w the plants are at 8" 65,890. With the 1000w the plants are at 12" 44,563.

65,890 is a bigger number that 44,563. This means my plants under the 600w are getting more candle power. If you cannot understand this I don't know what to say.

The 40% extra heat works against the 1000w. Its just not as effecient as a 600w.

ODP

12. #52 jakesterjammin, Oct 20, 2011

THAT IS FOR A NON VENTED HOOD.... ;)
    It's a different story when you use sealed hoods...

There is NO WAY you can get a 1000w lamp in a 4x4 without using a sealed hood.... :wave:

Edited:
    And why I NO LONGER use Lumen...

13. Also....
    This thread is about a 4x4 tent....

If I had a choice personally I would do a 5x5 with two 600w in it...
    9 more feet of area, get to use the cool running 600w lamps, better light coverage with the two lamps, and still pushing 48w per sq. and a shit load more lumen per sq ft. at any dam height....

But that was not what the thread's question was....

14. Another steaming pile of BS. I use a large cooled hood. with a 435cfm blower. And a canopy fan. my max distance is 8". Add 40% distance to that with a cooled hood on a 1000w takes you too 11.2. This matches the figures that were posted of 12" distance for a 1000w bulb. The 40% distance increase is because of the 40% increase in BTU. Basic math sonny boy.

What part of 40% more heat radiating downward do you not understand?

There will ALWAYS be a 40% BTU difference. This INCREASES the lights minimum distance from the plant. The only way around it is to go with better than air cooling.

ODP

15. #55 jakesterjammin, Oct 20, 2011
    Again, how many times do I have to say it....
    You're right, everyone else is wrong...

I'm saying you're right, what else do you want to stop posting??? LMFAO
    I know a 600w produces more usable light than a 1000w..

But if you're saying that a 600w in a 4x4 tent will produce more and better than a 1000w in a 4x4, that again proves you're a noob and has no clue what you're talking about....

Your name should have been MiserableOldDudeInPain...

LOL, sorry could not resist...
    Try to have a better day man...
    Relax a little bit, maybe kick your feet up and burn a fatty....

Edit:
    Oh and again, thus why personally I would do a 5x5 and two 600w...
    I have like 6-7 lamps, and ALL my personal lamps are 600w...
    But that was not the question....

And again if you think a 600w in a 4x4 will produce more and/or better than a 1000w in a 4x4, I LOL @ that....

16. The math speaks for itself...

Why don't you do a bit of research on water cooled 1000w hps. That will close that distance gap and make the light usable at closer ranges.

I can see your still butt hurt and I really hope you get over it.

ODP

17. [quote name='"jakesterjammin"']

Your name should have been MiserableOldDudeInPain...

[/quote]

Hahaha.....seriously, one grow?

A wise man knows when to quit.....wasted time.....I wish there was a hate button

18. You going to argue against basic math too? I'm on my second grow... though it only took 1 grow to figure out the inverse square law and how it effects lumens and heat.

5000 plus posts and you have not figured out this most basic of light equations?

And you wonder why im laughing my ass off...

ODP

19. Here is a little diagram showing what I have been trying to explain that some folks are just not getting.

ODP

Attached Files:

20. #60 Tihspeed, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2011
    nicely put... thats not even a water cooled light... get another stolen pic to show off what your talking about,hahahahahaha...

done with this dumb thread... sorry you got caught in the cross fire OP... I love banter, but this borders on tarded...:mad: