bat guano + molasses

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Panda85, Oct 14, 2011.

1. so im in the last couple weeks of flowering and considering getting ready for the initial flush... picked up some Indonesian bat guano and black-strap molasses. if using just bat guano and molasses for ferts do i still need to flush after using or not since its organic?

i plan on watering/feeding tonight and wondering if mixing both the bat guano and molasses together would be ok or should i use just 1 then the other using 2 seperate gallons, or just one per watering? thanks :wave:

2. bat guano is toxic to humans, rip bro

3. My suggestion since you are really organic is to flush water only the last 7 days before you harvest. Good luck with the final days!

4. if you eat it or breath it in...but it is an organic fert.. once mixed in water..as long as you dont bathe in it, it is fine. the shit isnt absorbed into the plant.. but is very beneficial to plants while flowering

5. im currently using ff tigerbloom and their cha ching soluble.. so i need to flush but idk if the bat guano will affect the taste? requiring a flush. never used it on mj

6. I use Earth Juice Grow and it has bat and bird guano as the main ingredients, I just finished a nice grow and I did the water only flush for the last week and the taste is amazing!

7. Its also great for plants, I would mix the guano with some ewc and top the soil. Molasses will help the microherd, fungi dominant teas, humic/fulvic acids, and mycorrhiza will help breakdown the phosphate in the guano.

8. alright thats what i planned but id say it has about 3 weeks to go.. so i wanted to switch to organics to make sure all of the tiger bloom is out by the time i finish and will be using molasses all the way up till the last couple days. ill stop feeding w/ bat guano 1 week before harvest to be safe though.
    just dont know about how safe it is for the plant if i mix both in 1 gal of water? really dont want to find out the hard way and burn up my plant
    [​IMG]

9. Looks nice man! Sorry I'm buzzed, mix both what in a gal of water?

10. well i ended up mixing both the bat guano and molasses and mixed them into 2 gallons of water instead of mixing both into 1 gallon of water. im pretty sure itll be fine to feed both at the same time..

11. ^^yeah no worries

12. I like that pic! Im reading up on how to scrog...Im going to try it out one day since I got limited space.

13. Adding the guano this late in flower isn't gonna do anything. And switching to organic towards the end of the grow isn't going to do shit either.

Drop the Fox Farm and grow with true organics. You won't be disappointed.

14. why you say it wont do anything... im dropping the ff nutes and using guano for a substitute phosphorus source to keep her going until she is done. im not expecting the guano to make her double in size or any magic stuff like that :p i just want to make sure she is well fed the last couple weeks when she really packs on the weight, and not have chemical buds :smoke:

15. I use strictly Bat Guano and Black strap molasses during the entire flowing stage and have great results. (If you see the huge cola in my hand that I have in my profile pic, you can see the results.)

WARNING: (From my personal experience) I would recommend NOT storing the mixed guano and molasses together in the same container. It ferments and creates a gas and it does something that causes the plants to burn if you use it after it's been mixed and stored.

I have two separate 1 gallon jugs. One is for the guano and one if for the molasses. Each time I feed my plants I mix a new batch and then use the entire 2 gallons. When I feed my plants, I feed them the guano tea first, then I put the molasses in because the molasses is what feeds the microorganisms in the soil. It also has other beneficial nutrients like Mag, Cal, and Iron for your plants.

After I'm finished, I rinse both jugs out very thoroughly so that unwanted bacterial growth doesn't start to form in between feedings.

Your plants look great by the way!

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers :smoke:

16. Can molasses and bat guano be used together in a tea brewer? I have only done it once but didn't notice any ill effects. I store my molasses in my refrigerator so it doesn't ferment but didn't think it would ferment during brewing given the aerobic nature of the tea.

17. '
    Good to know man! Thanks for sharing that info! :gc_rocks:

18. [quote name='"djace112"']bat guano is toxic to humans, rip bro[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Well I got my laugh for the day.

Sucks I've been feeding my plants guano since forever. Ima miss you guys.

19. Adding the guano isn't going to make your buds not chemically.

At best say you have 3 weeks of flower left. Guano takes time to do its thing. So basically you will be adding it now. And in 2 weeks when you flush you are flushing your guano right when its really starting to do its thing.

Best thing you can do for non chemical buds is a good flush. I flush for 2 weeks and most of the time my plants don't get ged the last 3 weeks if there lives. Super smooth smoke. Its all about the flush.

Use molasses if you want. It helps a little. Well it feeds the microbes in the soil and it helps your plant bulk. But if you've been using chemical ferts then you killed the micro herd in your soil

20. When you using molasses grandmas is good or bad and when is the best time to in flowering or veg