Boxing Official Boxing Thread.

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMORE HiiiGH, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Now that's BULLSHIT GTFOH!! Marquez controlled the whole fight...its one thing to rob a man once but twice?! He definitely won fight 1 & 3. smh

wow....the fix is in!

2. It was close imo.
    Manny landed a shitload of jabs throughout the whole fight.

Marquez landed a good amout of power shots.

3. #43 BMORE HiiiGH, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
    One of the judges sored it 116-112...That means Manny won 8 rds? WTF fight was he watching?

Anyways to be the best you have to beat the best.

FUN FACT: Bob Arum has been caught and charged and convicted of fight fixing before in 2002

4. I understand people's frustration but look at it this way. Who played the cat and who played the dog ? and then his corner telling him he was winning, He shoulda been more aggressive towards manny during the last 4 rounds or so. I applaud Marquez for his efforts although playing turtle isn't gonna get you a title, you must want it then you must take it.

5. I was rooting for Pac-Man but he did not win that fight.

6. I completely agree, Marquez wasnt really the agressor at all. He was just counterpunching, landing the ocassional big hit. But Manny's jab pretty much always landed, when Marquez got low Manny landed his right hook most of the time.

Even if you look at the pictures, seems to me Marquez had more damage on his face.

7. Manny won for sure but it was another close fight :smoke:

8. ^
    How can you say for sure?

9. FIGHTHYPE \\ FLOYD MAYWEATHER: "MARQUEZ IS NEVER GOING TO GET THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT"

Floyd weighs in on the fight

Floyd hit it right on with this haters gonna hate!

10. Manny did more work this fight IMO but it wasn't the best from either of them. Maybe we will get to watch them fight again when Floyd backs out next year.

11. Floyd may have been BSing when he said he was going to fight Ms. Pacman but he's serious now, the date is May 5th when he's going to fight if Pacman stop running & handle is own business. Bob Arum is a greedy pig, boxing needs this fight!

FIGHTHYPE \\ FLOYD MAYWEATHER: "I BEEN TOLD THE BOY MAY 5TH...LET'S MAKE THE FIGHT. I'M HERE. I'M WAITING."
    FIGHTHYPE \\ FLOYD MAYWEATHER: "I GAVE BOXING MY WHOLE LIFE...IT'S NOT REAL LIKE IT USED TO BE"

12. This weekend battle should be good. I've been watching every 24/7 and the Max Kellerman interview..these 2 do not like each other. Battle of Mexico vs. Puerto Rico. My pick is Margarito by KO later rounds. Expecting another bloody massacre in the ring. Cotto has a slight chance if he cracks that same orbital that was fractured and had surgery on, but it seems as though The Tijuana Tornado is tough as nails and his punches will hurt Cotto.

Saul Alvarez calling out Mayweather is funny, but if Manny Pacquaio and Mayweather can't happen, interesting to see what happens there. Maybe Tim Bradley or possibly Sergio Martinez. Boxing needs this fight mega fight to happen. Marquez Pacquiao for another 4th time is gonna revenue a bit, but it's been seen that one too many times.

13. I seen a few of the 24/7 there's definitely some bad blood between these two. I think Cotto will win, Margarito cheated for their fight that'll be the difference in this one. Plus Margarito has a bad eye he's fighting with that'll show up during the fight. Guaranteed to be a good one.

Hopefully no more controversial endings. Won't be surprised if the winner of this fight wants a rematch against Pacman. Margarito fought him his 1st fight back from his suspension & got man-handled if he wins this fight I'd like to see a rematch. Cotto just look like he lost it against Pacman either way the winner of this should fight pacman if they dont get Mayweather vs. Pacman. At this point it's clear that the problem is on Pacman team, their ducking!

14. Anyone ordering the fight tonight?

15. im bout to head to a buddys house to watch...anyone got an update on who is up, who is coming up?

16. Fuck I'm gonna miss the beginning watching the big 10 championship game

17. I saw highlights if the fight, I knew Cotto would destroy him & Margarito eye would be a problem. I wonders whats next for Cotto?

18. that shit was fuckin wack that they stopped it. Margarito was down to keep goin

19. C'mon man idk his eye was pretty bad he had history of a bad eye before the fight, saftey 1st. Does his eye look fine to you? LOL

[​IMG]

Good fight imo