Boxing Official Boxing Thread.

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMORE HiiiGH, Oct 13, 2011.

1. #1 BMORE HiiiGH, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2016
    I'm a boxing fan & I think we need a boxing thread around here. A couple of notable good fights coming up:

Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez 3

Miguel Cotto vs. Antonio Margarito

Hopkins vs. Dawson this weekend who you got? I think this fight could end up boring. 46yo. man still in the ring fighting he'll finally start to look old in this one. Dawson really has nothing to win he's still not fighting the "real" B-Hop still a 46yo. man.

2. Amir Khan goes down in 1!!! So much for that fight with PBF lol

3. #3 BMORE HiiiGH, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2016
    lol wut? I thought Amir doesn't fight until Dec.

I'll have a link for the Hopkins-Dawson fight at 9pm

4. Huge boxing fan...member watching those devastating KOs by Tyson in his prime. Favorite fighter of all time is sugar ray leonard..amazing footwork. Current ones I watch a lot of is Manny Pacquiao and Saul Alvarez.

I'm tuning into this fight..rooting for Dawson, but can't beat experience. For a PPV event, can't be anything worse than the last one with Mayweather/Ortiz fiasco.

5. And tonight..boxing lost my attention for a while. Thank goodness for online sites, but a second controversial finish. Man oh man..this doesn't look good. Clear take down move by Dawson..should have finished in a NC. Yet again, the co main event saved this card like many other nights.

6. I've heard it a a crazy ending? Dawson slammed B-Hop in a boxing match?! Then B-Hop claimed his shoulder was bothering him & couldn't fight anymore. He wanted to fight with one arm but ref wouldn't let him wish I could of saw this fight. lmao :laughing:

what rd. did it end?

7. [quote name='"BMORE HIGH"']I've heard it a a crazy ending? Dawson slammed B-Hop in a boxing match?! Then B-Hop claimed his shoulder was bothering him & couldn't fight anymore. He wanted to fight with one arm but ref wouldn't let him wish I could of saw this fight. lmao :laughing:

what rd. did it end?[/quote]

Towards the end of the 2nd round. I would have been pissed if I paid for that live event.

8. I don't understand how you say it can't get any worse that Mayweather/Ortiz really??? Its no way this fight should of been PPV. Mayweather fighting anyone is a must see. Boxing sucks only thing keeping it alive is the anticipation for Mayweather/Pacman.

9. [quote name='"BMORE HIGH"']I don't understand how you say it can't get any worse that Mayweather/Ortiz really??? Its no way this fight should of been PPV. Mayweather fighting anyone is a must see. Boxing sucks only thing keeping it alive is the anticipation for Mayweather/Pacman.[/quote]

It's a title fight and Hopkins is with golden boy defending 2 belts..of course it's a PPV event. This is true about Pacquiao and Mayweather only reason boxing may be relevant..but if Pacquiao beats Marquez, the chances of Timothy Bradley facing either Mayweather or Pacquiao is more likely than the MEGA FIGHT every is awaiting.

Mayweather is an outstanding pure boxer and he promotes his fights to perfection, but that last debacle of Ortiz was so lop sided. Let's face it..both camps (gonna be difficult with Bob Arum) know this has the potential to be a $100 ppv event once Mayweather and Pacquiao make it happen.

10. wtf, looks like he threw that fight or something. Even if it was a takedown no way he couldve hurt his shoulder that bad.

lol the guy in the background was like "wow what a pussy" l

11. Hello friends this is tom.....................

Just watched the fights, a great night of boxing, just makes me feel worse for paying £15 for all the shizzle on sky's hatton bill .

Graham Earl fight was like watching a Rocky film , think he could of won though if he fought a more sensible fight rather than getting drawn into an all out war.

Majdadi(sp?) was far from a bum as people are suggesting because he got ko'd by one punch. He's only been tko'd by Kevin Mitchell before that fight, im all for Khan taking on the best but he's a money maker for Frank Warren.

Fraudley/Ordinary/Extraordinarliry embarrissin' , hope he's learnt to stop biggin himself up is all.

The Benn v Mcllelan fight i still have on video, Nigel Benn being one of my favourite boxers, best and worst fight ive seen .

12. Man, on my bucket list is to see a big fight in Vegas. I wish I grew up when Ali was around, he would have been amazing to watch...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmaHGY7BEog]Muhammad Ali: The Greatest of all Time - YouTube[/ame]

13. Im really looking forward to this one, Manny is one of the best fighters ever IMO :smoke:

:confused: Khan is going places, he aint as good as he thinks he is but training and sparring with Manny must be great for him.

Thats was a shambles but I thought Floyd showed some good boxing, I was enjoying the fight until that stupid headbutt. Im not a Flyod fan but he is very good (I'd loved to have seen him and Manny fight) but I thought it was right what he did and I like him even more for doing it. He was going to win anayway so why not :smoke:

14. Manny Pacquiao: Saving Floyd Mayweather For Last

15. I think Floyd would teach Khan a lesson, Khan will be great Im sure but he aint ready for Floyd anytime soon IMO :smoke:

16. Pacman vs. Maquez III this weekend cant wait! Marquez is much bigger now then he was during the the fight vs. Floyd. This is almost guarenteed to be a great fight. Pacman should win be but I wont be surprised if he gets KO.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs2cyfLutLo]HBO Boxing: Pacquiao vs. Marquez: Face Off with Max Kellerman - YouTube[/ame]

17. RIP Joe Frazier :(