attempt at clay bong/pipe

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by akuma, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Title says it all, going to try and make a bong, pipe, or bubbler in my college ceramics class. Ideas are welcome, and I will keep progress posted.

2. it depends on if your supervised or not. if you can go all out. i suggest making a removable downstem with the correct fitting for a glass bowl *either 14 or 18mm*

3. ^ what he said, btw i love your profile picture bubbles is the fuckin man hahah

4. if i were you i would make one that is disguised as something else so you can just leave it out around your house without arousing suspicion

5. this kid looks pretty fucking gay, but this is prolly what you were talking about.. you made me remember this video thought id pull it up for the thread

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP-DAV-92Jw]The Tree Bong(Zong) - YouTube[/ame]

6. [quote name='"Cally Kush"']it depends on if your supervised or not. if you can go all out. i suggest making a removable downstem with the correct fitting for a glass bowl *either 14 or 18mm*[/quote]

We are unsupervised, and the downstem idea sounds great :)

[quote name='"sdb12"']I made one in my class in high school. It had this shape and then I just drilled a hole in it and put a downstem in. [/quote]

Very nice :)

7. lolol i remember seeing that video and thinking the exact same thing.

8. I'm also in ceramics but it's supervised, I need ideas, it has to be unnoticed, he knows...

9. [quote name='"Cally Kush"']

this kid looks pretty fucking gay, but this is prolly what you were talking about.. you made me remember this video thought id pull it up for the thread

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP-DAV-92Jw[/quote]

I must admit those bongs and pipes are sick as fuck!!! I'm gonna try the tree or the teapot.

10. i guess this is an update of that kids tree bong. looks like some sick kind of worked piece

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GywPX0A2CA&feature=related]The Kraken (One of a kind Bong) - YouTube[/ame]

11. That kid is beast at ceramics.

12. There is now way I am that skilled in ceramics, but awesome ideas :) I want to make mine kinda discreet like the ones he makes just so people who come around my house don't ask questions.. lol

13. Started making the base to my clay bong today, it is about a 6 inch circle, I'm going to make a the pipe circle around and coil ontology of itself one time, from there it is going to slowly angle up. I have no other ideas besides that right now.

14. Kids at my high school tried to make bowls, the ceramic teacher just wouldn't fire them.

15. you just gotta be sneaky. in ceramics class i made a bowl

it was a little tea kettle. the spout was the mouthpeice and the bowl was the hole on top that you "pour the water into" went down like this so you could push a screen in it

[​IMG]

then i drilled a hole for a carb

16. Yeah, sneaky is good. I made a pipe in high-school ceramics during my junior year, it looked like an ironman arm that could be attatched at the elbow to an upper arm, where it could "attatch" there was a hole that younwould put your mouth too, where he would shoot out the lasers is where the bowl would be and there was a Carb on one of his fingers where I believe I said it was a mini flame thrower, it was only about a six inches long and two or three inches wide, wish I still had it.. lol

17. I went to art school on a scholarship in my Sophomore year in High school.
    And this kid I knew made a tree, didn't have branches but it was like a dead tree.

On it was a frog, and he put a hole in the frogs mouth which led into the stump and he put a slider there. Then he glazed it and it was amazing. I never got to try it but it was a pretty awesome home made piece.

Make sure you use the right glaze for the inside. They make glaze for plates and mugs, thats what you want to use. So you don't get chemicals in your bong water.

18. That's cool, I actually have not met anyone yet who has attempted to make a pipe, bong, bubbler, or anything else. That tree idea your friend had with the frog is cool. and ill make sure to recheck the glaze before I glaze to make sure its usable, would hate to make a great, or semi great piece and have it ruined by chemicals.. lol

19. Forgot to update yesterday, all that I really did was continue work on the pipe. Evening it out, making sure it didn't collapse under weight.. and so on.

20. Make a double 12 arm tree perc to gridded circ