how often do i change my reservoir water in ebb and flow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by hydromax, Oct 12, 2011.

1. yah, 48 hours is the key:cool:

2. I change/clean my tank and water every week. Im very picky with my plants and the container there in. I need to always have it clean and tidy...
    I use hydrogen peroxide to clean the inside of my container.

3. #23 GreenMountain71, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
    [quote name='"Erbalist"']I have a constant read ph/ppm meter that's hooked up to a little float keeping the electrodes in the middle of the soup and not next to the walls or floor.

When in veg I only flood twice a day to promote root growth. U need to make them reach for the water. At a rate of fifteen minutes every 12 hours. If I feel them needing more ill add another flood. That's souly under my discretion.

Flower time comes around and I move my babies to there final resting place and flood her 4 times a day every 6 hours for fifteen minutes each. And that will be that.[/quote]
    So are you feeding at lights out in your flowering room? Confused!?! I take it your using hydrostone but have you used smart pots or air pots in your table?
    I use 2gallon smart pots with 3 or 4 in or hydrostone with the rest coco!
    [quote name='"needa"']

my ppms stay above 2k. they start at 800 when i stick them in my veg table. by the time they get switched to flower they are at 1500. about mid way through they are easily over 2k. and stay that way.

dont worry about lockout. i never have. and have never had an issue with it. i am not saying make a mix as strong as mine. just saying that its ok to give your girls some nutes.

my mix is 10ml gh bloom 5ml gh hard micro 1 ml gh floralicious. (veg and flower per gallon) and i use koolbloom as recommended throughout the flower.

have you noticed a difference when you do not flush? i never have and have always thought i needed too. but i always seem to go for the weight.[/quote]
    Wow i would be scared to push my ppms that high and i have some heavy feeders! I see your running lucas or heads! I use 9 bloom and 6 micro in mom and flowering rooms! Love ebb & flo! Just picked up a ebb monster im setting up!

4. quick question for the ppl that never change their water. how do you know how much nutrients to add and when? also will this work for seedlings? and lastly would it work if i just changed my water when i start to flower instead of having 2 seperate res's for veg/flower?

5. #25 needa, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
    honestly... i eyeball. but i have topped off my rez so many times i am near pro at it. the important thing to realize is its not an exact science. i try to add in the nutes it takes to get my ph where it needs to be without using ph down. just be sure that your ratios are correct. i run the lucas formula and put in what i need to get my ph right. and then add the goodies like superthrive and floralicious to spec.

seedlings i run 400 ppm. 150 out of the tap. 50 for superthrive. 200 in nutes.
    week three i step it up to 600-800. 150 out of tap 50 for superthrive.....
    week four 1000+
    week six 1500+
    week eight 2k+
    i was running over 2k at week seven this round. and my plants are loving it.

6. What breeds are you running?

7. #27 needa, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
    chocolope. reserva privada headband. dutch passion blueberry. tga subcool querkle. tga subcool krazy train. pineapple express.

all from seed. from the looks of it... i am only going to clone the headband querkle and pineapple. i am cutting a switching over on turesday. so ill make my finals then. but it looks like those three will never have to be topped. and i like easy.

the querkle though... is by far the best looking for weight. look at them bitches. all four ar querkle. hoping the little short dude is my only male. 8.5 weeks old.

Attached Files:

8. So you never change your Rez water? At what volume do you top it off at? What exactly is the Lucas formula? And is it organic?

9. not organic. i take 1 part gh micro and 2 parts gh bloom. <--lucas. its usually 10 or 12 ml per gallon of the bloom. i run a 96 gal rez, filled with 85-90 gal. it takes 65 or so to fill my 24 five gall buckets. i top off when it gets to the point that my buckets arent filling. sometimes sooner. it really depends on the mood. usually every 7 to 10 days.

after i add in the floralicious, superthrive, koolbloom, and hygrozyme... hygro is every three or four top offs because it is so damn expensive, and scary... i check my ph. 95% of the time the ph is exactly where it needs to be. if its low... i add in some miracle grow starter solution (in quart jug at waly world) <--it raises the ph without the swings. if my ph is high... i add in more bloom, which lowers the ph, and micro (so i keep the balanced mixture).

10. [quote name='"needa"']not organic. i take 1 part gh micro and 2 parts gh bloom. <--lucas. its usually 10 or 12 ml per gallon of the bloom. i run a 96 gal rez, filled with 85-90 gal. it takes 65 or so to fill my 24 five gall buckets. i top off when it gets to the point that my buckets arent filling. sometimes sooner. it really depends on the mood. usually every 7 to 10 days.

after i add in the floralicious, superthrive, koolbloom, and hygrozyme... hygro is every three or four top offs because it is so damn expensive, and scary... i check my ph. 95% of the time the ph is exactly where it needs to be. if its low... i add in some miracle grow starter solution (in quart jug at waly world) <--it raises the ph without the swings. if my ph is high... i add in more bloom, which lowers the ph, and micro (so i keep the balanced mixture).[/quote]

Nice. I'm just a little hesitant about anything non organic. I heard advanced nutrients has a decent organic lineup I'd like to try.

11. [quote name='"needa"']chocolope. reserva privada headband. dutch passion blueberry. tga subcool querkle. tga subcool krazy train. pineapple express.

all from seed. from the looks of it... i am only going to clone the headband querkle and pineapple. i am cutting a switching over on turesday. so ill make my finals then. but it looks like those three will never have to be topped. and i like easy.

the querkle though... is by far the best looking for weight. look at them bitches. all four ar querkle. hoping the little short dude is my only male. 8.5 weeks old.[/quote]

Cool! I have a ok line up! ECSD, SFV OG Kush, Ghost OG Kush, Chemdawg D, Galadriel, C99, Cali-O, Durban Poison,SSSBH! Then i have some seedlingz sour bubble x headband , sour bubble x og kush , sour bubble x purple kush, sour bubble x c99, (sb x hb) x chem d, chem ibl! Mom and veg room kinda full! Just love them hidden jewels going the seedlings!

Wow i cant believe how much water is left in each bucket after done the drain cycle in this ebb monster! Glad im using air stones in each bucket!

ForumRunner_20120722_225225.png

ForumRunner_20120722_225321.png