Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

QWISO drying question, glass pics also

• Please log in to reply

Rich Khalifa

Rich Khalifa

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
just made grinder QWISO for the first time and i wondering how this looks, also how long approx. for it to dry, its a pretty thin layer on the dish so if anyone can give me their best guess that would be great. Also how do i tell when it is completely 100% dry?

My grinder is now 100% clean which is awesome because it was so clogged with keif that it would barely collect! i also recommend everyone cleaning their pieces with ISO and some salt, they came out beautiful

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1738.jpg
  • IMG_7802.jpg

IBcrow

IBcrow

Mr. Jenn's weed man

• Registered Upgraded
  • 200 posts

just made grinder QWISO for the first time and i wondering how this looks, also how long approx. for it to dry, its a pretty thin layer on the dish so if anyone can give me their best guess that would be great. Also how do i tell when it is completely 100% dry?

My grinder is now 100% clean which is awesome because it was so clogged with keif that it would barely collect! i also recommend everyone cleaning their pieces with ISO and some salt, they came out beautiful

go until you think its dry, then give it one more night
get some wax paper, and take your scrapings and put them in the wax paper and work it around with your fingers to make it back into a goo.

NotoriousCheech

NotoriousCheech

Dont be mad UPS is hiring

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,999 posts
nice wash, putit on a heating pad, i personaly dont use stove because thats risk. if not give it a solid 24-48 hours. theere will be no liquid at all

trythefish

trythefish

• Registered Upgraded
  • 493 posts
i always wait 48 hours for qwiso, can never be too careful! enjoy that shit!

CheechNBong420

CheechNBong420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 278 posts
Nice glass man! I gotta get myself an nice Inline tube.

habitualhero

habitualhero

Still Blazin'

• Registered Upgraded
  • 230 posts

I hope you didn't put salt into your qwiso! Haha.

And like everyone is saying, 24-48 hours. You should be able to turn the plate upside down and nothing will fall out, because all that is left is what is stuck to it.

The less you wait, the more goopy & liquidy-ish it will be when you scrape it. If you wait longer, it begins to harden a bit and then it's alot nicer to deal with. At least that's what I've found

EDIT: Another possible way to tell if it's not ready yet: I tried to smoke some of my most recent batch of QWISO only like 12 hours after I made it, and there was sort of like a "crackling" noise when I touched the oil to the skillet - I think this was water rapidly evaporating out of the oil. So if you hear any sort of crackling it's not ready yet. Mine stopped making this noise like 48 hours after it was made

Edited by habitualhero, 12 October 2011 - 02:54 PM.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

It's just "The Doctor"

• Gold Member
  • 29,946 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users