Grow room too hot!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bac, Oct 10, 2011.

1. 2x2's with poly stapled to it will suffice., and thats like $100 total instead of a $250+ tent.

2. You can pickup a cheap 4x4 grow tent for under $100. Its portable. Easy to take down if you need to. Lastly you are not tearing up or modding your house.

ODP

3. wow have i missed something here?your temps are already at 90 in an open room so your solution is to close them in a smaller room to cool them down.WOW!not to mean but you missed the sacasm about the 600 watter.a 20 in box is way more than enough to cool a single 600 watter in an open room.to get a tent he would first have to bring down his ambient room temp to an acceptable level then purchase an inline fan and yet another fan for movement,it sound's like he will have just enough money for a box fan,let alone 500 bucks to set up a tent.

4. for a tnet to work in that hot of an enviormint you would def. need an A.C..

5. A fan is just going to blow hot air around the room. Heat has to be extracted or the hot air cooled. The tent provides a small area that keeps the heat confined allowing you to pump it out. Very basic science.

Turn the heater in your house on and try and cool it with a box fan. Not going to happen. That 600w bulb cranks out alot of heat. Yes it may take longer to heat a larger space but its still going to heat it up.

Secondly... A cooled hood will allow you to place the light closer to the plants getting better light penetration. Add to that a secondary fan blowing across the glass of the hood and you can maximize your light.

Third... MJ does not do as well in higher temps. And plant heat stress can cause alot of issues.

For $350-400 you can get a tent, light and blower. Yes its cheapo but it should still work nicely. Do it right and you will get nice yields... Do it wrong and waste your cash and get poor plants.

My 252w CFL area even cranks out heat and will raise the temp in a large bedroom by 5-6 degrees.

ODP

6. A tent works with negative air pressure. The negative pressure keeps the heat confined to the tent. heat rises. Heat is extracted from the top part of the tent where your light is through the hood. Cool air from the room enters the tent at the bottom keeping you plants nice and cool.

My house ac is set at 75. My plant temp is between 76-78 and at times as low as 75. Both of my journals have lots of pics showing the setup, temps and results. 2 weeks out from harvest and I have a tent full of arm sized colas.

It works very well.

ODP

7. #27 OldDudeInPain, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011
    Couple of other things now that im on a roll. :)

The room or the tent will need ventilation. you will need to refresh the air in the area. Think this through while you plan.

Speaking of heat. 3.414x600 = 2,048.4 is the BTU a 600w bulb will put out.

Watts to Btus (Th)/Hour Conversion Calculator

Still think a box fan will cool it? Much easier to pump the hot air out and give your plants all the fresh air they need.

ODP

8. ODP You know whats really good... A box fan will not FIX the problem. It may help in the short term, but the long term solution is to have a designated "room" to grow in. ;)

9. Ok...So it looks like ima go with building an inexpensive grow room..and then i can put an intake and exhaust hole....anyways here are some pics...

10. I dont know why the pictures show sidewaays.

Attached Files:

11. A couple more pics

Attached Files:

12. hi people.

i have the same problem but with a differences :confused:

i live in a country that on average the temp is 30 ºC is equal to 86º F during the day and 24 ºC is equal to 75º F at night.

i have a home made grow box's that is 1mx1mx1m and lined with reflective foil all side's and top and bottom. :)

i have yet to cut holes for the intake and the outlet fans. ill be using 3
    3 inch computer fans for the grow area. 1 for intake 1 for outlet and 1 as a fan to more the internal air around.

as for the lighting area....

i have 4 CFL 125w ( for veg)
    and 1 600w HPS for bloom.

all the following are in-cased at the top off the box's i have a peace off glass 6mm thick. witch can slid in and out to change the lights or clean....

in that same area ill have 2 2inch inlet fan and 2 2inch outlet fan.

the problem is that the air temp in my house is always around 30 ºC is equal to 86º F.
    if i use the air-con it will go down to 24 ºC is equal to 75º F

and also once i plug in the 600w HPS light the temp go's up a little.

im trying to keep the electric bill down.

monthly my bill is say 150. if air-con on and 600w the bill is 400 a month.

can any one help me on this? all comments are grate-fall.

my seeds just germinated. one auto Himalaya blue diesel and one LA Confidential cheese (FEM) :hello::D:wave:

will post pic soon