Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana as a hallucinogen

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by starfruit, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Try some unmentionables. You'll know what hallucinating really is.

2. Closest thing to hallucinating for me is if I look across the room or whatever and think I see something but nothings there. Not like cartoon characters or anything wacky lol just like shadows and stuff

3. [quote name='"GreyEclipse"']You guys are so hung up on the word hallucination. Drugs do not make you hallucinate. Lack of sleep makes you hallucinate, lack of food or lack of water makes you hallucinate. Heat exhaustion makes you hallucinate. Drugs change your perception but they do not cause true hallucinations. Examples...

An example of a true hallucination.

Lets say you look up in the sky and you see a huge dragon coming at you.

This is a true hallucination because it has absolutely no ties to reality.

Now let's say you're high then look up at the sky and see a cloud shaped like a dragon and the cloud then shifts into a dragon and comes down upon you.

This is a distortion of reality, an altered perception made by your subconscious mind. This is not a hallucination.[/quote]

No. You can definitely fucking hallicinate from drugs.

4. That's quite an oversimplification. Drugs act on our minds in a variety of different ways, some of them can make you hallucinate and some can't.

IMO, no. I think weed can change your perception of what you're seeing, but it doesn't make you see something that's different from what's really there.

5. What is weed then? A stimulate? hallucinogen? A downer?

6. [quote name='"glazedKnuckles"']

No. You can definitely fucking hallicinate from drugs.[/quote]

Omfg did you not read what I wrote?

I SAID hallucinating is not the same thing as distorted perception of reality.

Just because you can't see a relation to reality in a visual doesn't mean it isn't a distortion, it doesn't make it a hallucination.

I once saw a circus in the middle of the woods on unmentionables, this does not
    Mean I was hallucinating. I was visualizing.

I saw trees turn into gum drops and those same gum drops turn into space ships.
    Visualization!!!

I saw a lighter shoot a fireball straight up my arm and start dripping melting fire from my fingertips...visualization.

Not fucking hallucinations.

Jesus fucking christ, man.

Psychedelics are not fucked up party drugs so when you say hallucinations it makes everyone think they are!

You visualize, you do not hallucinate.
    There is a drug that will make you halucinate but it's not any of the classic unmentionables people talk about normally. Damn dude.

7. [quote name='"smokinthaherb"']What is weed then? A stimulate? hallucinogen? A downer?[/quote]

All three. Erowid is my source.

8. No. I have never hallicunated from weed and doubt i ever will. Personally its the person not the drug, but still, its weed...

9. [quote name='"GreyEclipse"']

Omfg did you not read what I wrote?

I SAID hallucinating is not the same thing as distorted perception of reality.

Just because you can't see a relation to reality in a visual doesn't mean it isn't a distortion, it doesn't make it a hallucination.

I once saw a circus in the middle of the woods on unmentionables, this does not
    Mean I was hallucinating. I was visualizing.

I saw trees turn into gum drops and those same gum drops turn into space ships.
    Visualization!!!

I saw a lighter shoot a fireball straight up my arm and start dripping melting fire from my fingertips...visualization.

Not fucking hallucinations.

Jesus fucking christ, man.

Psychedelics are not fucked up party drugs so when you say hallucinations it makes everyone think they are!

You visualize, you do not hallucinate.
    There is a drug that will make you halucinate but it's not any of the classic unmentionables people talk about normally. Damn dude.[/quote]

I'm not talking about what you visualize in your head, and I'm definitely not talking about weed, acid, or mushrooms. I get what you're saying, it makes sense for the most part.

But there are other drugs that allow you to hallucinate. Not "altered distorted visuals", full on other-world hallucinations. I'll delete it if it gets me in trouble, but things like DMT, salvia, datura, mescaline, etc.

10. [quote name='"codytownshend"']

That's quite an oversimplification. Drugs act on our minds in a variety of different ways, some of them can make you hallucinate and some can't.

IMO, no. I think weed can change your perception of what you're seeing, but it doesn't make you see something that's different from what's really there.[/quote]

I didn't mean it like that, and you would be right if I did. I meant there ARE drugs that allow hallucinations, OEVs, things that aren't there that I can see with my eyeballs.

11. I don't know about you guys...but I wish weed made me hallucinate sometimes :smoking:

12. [quote name='"StonerBoySwag"']i don't think so bro only time i hallucinate is when i turn my head back and forth really quick but its hurts after a while so i dnt hallucinate[/quote]

Haha you guys don't hallucinate off of weed. If you want to hallucinate you need to try another "unmentionable drug", After really hallucinating off of an "unmentionable" you will know you never really hallucinated from weed.

13. I've tripped harder on tussin than on weed...so my answer is no

14. Holy fuck man, this thing happened to me but I didn't know how to describe it. Also when I closed my eyes, my thoughts manifested themselves as shapes of different colors mixed, and I could see it in a similar way to the way you can see greenish sparkles when you push on your eyes. I was incredibly fucked too. It scared me shitless lol.

15. yeah dude. that guys right. its was laced with tetrahydracanabinol. that shit fucks you up i hear... :smoke:

16. [quote name='"Macandcheez"']

yeah dude. that guys right. its was laced with tetrahydracanabinol. that shit fucks you up i hear... :smoke:[/quote]

The only thing worse than that is delta9tetrahydracanabinol