Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Withdrawls fucking blow.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by detailed one, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Lol at not going to sleep until 10:30 PM. What is this 5th grade again?

Try having insomnia on top of that, then you can come crying to me about not sleeping.

2. Bro you described how I felt quitting opiates, weed doesn't do that to me and I've blazed for 7 years daily.

3. Hey dumbass, I haven't taken drugs, smoked pot, drank, or done anything since November 29th, 2010. Thats right, a few days over 10 months completely sober! And I'm the one who said "grow some balls" so by your standards, I've already grown them!

4. edit: whoops, double post

5. ALSO:

Quitting weed side effects are COMPLETELY curbed if you stay busy. If you work full time, you really have no issue going to sleep, keeping your mind off it, etc... unless you work in a cubical. That could suck a nut.

6. man i have smoked for a year or two and then taken a t break. few times lol. i can agree with difficulty eating, but not to that extent. also trouble falling asleep, but that goes away after about 3 days. it's true everyone is different but i don't believe the clammy hands or heat flashes or whatever. that just doesn't make sense. only thing that is really going to happen when you stop smoking weed is you will become stressed out easier.

7. lol at toking so regularly that not toking becomes untolerable. you rack self disapren

8. I think the worst part of stopping is thinking about it. Seriously the first night i might find it hard to sleep but after that it was fine.

9. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that if theres withdrawals than its a physically addictive substance. They do not exist, everything is in your mind.

10. Sleeping is what hits me hardest right off the bat. The next day I struggle.

11. [quote name='"HxCurt"']ALSO:

Quitting weed side effects are COMPLETELY curbed if you stay busy. If you work full time, you really have no issue going to sleep, keeping your mind off it, etc... unless you work in a cubical. That could suck a nut.[/quote]

I stay busy but I've struggled with mild insomnia since about 15 and weed is the best help. Hands down. So when I'm off it sleeping is hard.

12. As someone who always smoked before meals and before going to bed, eating and sleeping were the worst of the side effects that I experienced. A little bit of irritability as well, but that's to be expected when not in your normal state of mind. Or at least what's been "normal" for the past 10 years.

As for the clammy hands and hot flashes, I'd say get yourself checked out. That could be indicative of a greater problem that is simply coinciding with your quitting pot. Not trying to be a dick, but if no one else on the boards is experiencing that same effect, maybe it has nothing to do with quitting marijuana. Or if it DOES have to do with quitting, maybe the marijuana is acting medicinally for you and staving off something that you haven't been diagnosed with yet. I would seriously see a doctor in your shoes.

13. I thought I had "weed withdraws" and i complained about how bad they were. They I actually got addicted to opiates and trust me.. there are no significant weed withdraws. Exercise helped me on the 3 month "shitty peroid" after opiate addiction and some of the groggy/fiendy feelings after stopping weed use. Trust me exercise is the best.

I have recently gotten addicted again and would much rather go through weed withdraws then opi ones :(

14. Merck Manual - Marijuana (Cannabis) (excerpt - 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/sec23/ch352/ch352i.html?qt=marijuana&***=sh[/FONT]

Withdrawal: Cessation after 2 to 3 wk of frequent, heavy use can cause a mild withdrawal syndrome, which typically begins about 12 h after the last use. Symptoms consist of insomnia, irritability, depression, nausea, and anorexia; symptoms peak at 2 to 3 days and last up to 7 days.

So make it through that first unpleasant week, and you should be fine. And a 3 month T-break is overkill! You can use one of those dang urine tests as quick way to figure it out- if you are testing "clean", you are ready to start toking up again! :smoke:

Granny :wave:

15. Placebo effect.

16. [quote name='"Cold Play"']I thought I had "weed withdraws" and i complained about how bad they were. They I actually got addicted to opiates and trust me.. there are no significant weed withdraws. Exercise helped me on the 3 month "shitty peroid" after opiate addiction and some of the groggy/fiendy feelings after stopping weed use. Trust me exercise is the best.

I have recently gotten addicted again and would much rather go through weed withdraws then opi ones :([/quote]

I definitely agree. I wasn't trying to put it up there with the withdrawals of other (more serious habits) I was just saying how it affects me.

And if you quit them once you can do it again my dude!

17. For insomnia try melatonin. It works for some and doesnt for work others though. As I said before exercise is also great.
    If you have any irritability try a OTC advil+muscle relaxent combo or even just a glass of wine/a beer.

Plus thanks for the support :)

18. Oh really? Because I've smoked for 10+ years daily. I am also a medical patient so I have very high quality. I smoke roughly 2 grams a day in various forms, I also take very potent edibles daily.

I have had to stop many times in my life, with no withdrawls.

Of course theres aggrivation and the "wanting" to smoke. But there is no cold sweats, shakes, headaches, and general sense that you're going to die.

I've been addicted to heroin, crack, and xanax (at different times)... THOSE cause withdrawls.

I don't know if you're trolling, but if not, then your mind is simply making this up.

19. [quote name='"Spaced"']

Oh really? Because I've smoked for 10+ years daily. I am also a medical patient so I have very high quality. I smoke roughly 2 grams a day in various forms, I also take very potent edibles daily.

I have had to stop many times in my life, with no withdrawls.

Of course theres aggrivation and the "wanting" to smoke. But there is no cold sweats, shakes, headaches, and general sense that you're going to die.

I've been addicted to heroin, crack, and xanax (at different times)... THOSE cause withdrawls.

I don't know if you're trolling, but if not, then your mind is simply making this up.[/quote]

I feel that my use of the word "withdrawal" was somewhat unmerited. I change my above statements from "withdrawals" to "changes in behavior".

Heroin, Crack and Xanax are real addictions. I just really miss weed.

20. Oh shit 10:30? That's way fucking past my bedtime.

Seriously you can't sleep???