why is growing pot so much fun!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Afrikaaner, Oct 5, 2011.

1. I don't think it's about getting something back from your effort, because I don't enjoy growing veggies as much. I think part of it has to do with the secrecy that has to be maintained. I always want to tell everyone and show them my grow and then shower them with glory nuggets, but I can't, so I end up kind of giddy about everything. Or is it the illegality? I don't know what it is entirely, but I sooo wish I could grow for a living...

2. And now I don't think it's the illegality because mushrooms weren't as fun to grow either... hmmmm

3. I'm on my second run with Vanilla Kush from Barney's Farms & for me it's the challenge of overcomming the many obstacles of putting out a first rate crop; the obvious benefits of a first rate crop; and the in your face attitude as a form of resistance to the stupitity of current laws & the overwhelming stupidity of the federal government.
    A cut & paste of someone else's poem:

Dammit im proud to grow my own bag of Weed
    Found me a Hoe to help plant my Seed
    I got bail money dont fuck with Me
    Cuz in the woods every stoners got a Eat

Oh, and by the way, I'm having a blast.
    Cheers

4. Cannabis growing is very satisfactory. It's a beautiful plant and has incredibly unique properties all of it's own. It's very fast growing, easy to start with a steep learning curve. I think so many people's lives have been changed just because of the way they feel after ingesting cannabis, it really is a great experience to create the environment and watch it grow before your eyes. Also, when growing this instead of many other plants, most people give lots of individual attention to each plant, trying to let it thrive.

And after a few months of hard work you get to harvest and enjoy the flower that you remember made you fall in love with growing in the first place.

5. #5 Afrikaaner, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2011
    Hmm, 1badbruce, perhaps you're right about giving the finger to the man. I've always felt pretty bummed that there is no real counterculture in my generation, especially considering all the sh*t going on around us, so maybe this is my way of rebelling...

Also, nice sig

And morange, you're also probably right. The care and effort you put in ends up being something of a serious investment, and getting a reward is very welcome after all that.

6. The biggest part of it for me is that no one knows, it's like I'm a marijuana growing secret agent.

7. #7 HighlyResonous, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011
    because SHE has us under her spell. we are HER minions. we exist only to elevate and perpetuate HER. the more we fill ourselves with HER abundant and overwhelming glory the more we consign ourselves to to HER service.

because no tomato could ever possibly compare to HER.

8. hehe always a fan of looking at things from another perspective. i've always wondered if dogs think they're kings because we lowly humans merely pick up their poop and serve them din din

9. Ain't that some shit now , being all sly if you live in the city , backing the
    truck into the garage before you unload bags of Ocean Forest etc , being
    real careful about your filters , no visible leaking OUT etc,etc,etc,...

And then one day you run into the suit and tie guy from down the block
    at your local hydro store and he's buying gallon jugs of Sensi Grow and Bloom
    and a buncha other stuff........

10. Yup , who has who trained again?

11. LMAO! That actually happened! I was in the hydro store with my girl friend and I saw a guy who looked really familiar but I couldn't place it. After a few minutes I remembered who it was, my dad's friend! My dad is a CFO of a software company, major tight ass, so that made it even funnier. I called his name out and it was him and we chatted for a minute. The next week I drive back into town (little over an hour) and as I'm paying for my stuff guess who walks in? My fucking doctor. He bought a bottle of Snow Storm Ultra and I gave him a funny look. He said, "Whaaat? Makes my tomatoes bigger!" and we both cracked up ;)

12. mmmmhhmm cannabis... pretty.

13. Heh heh heh.