My first album - Solitude

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Mogwai, Oct 3, 2011.

1. So I started making music a while back and when I started, I ONLY put my hand to making tunes when I was tripping on unmentionable hallucinogens/deleriants >.>'. That in combination with the fact I was new lead to some unusual sounds, which I polished later when sober.

Anyway, the first song I ever made was Solitude so I named my first album after it. You can now be the proud owner of the first songs I've ever made/released. But fuck rambling, here is the track list:

Soundteq - Solitude (75.3 MB)
    1- Ahead?
    2- Atte
    3- Be Done
    4- Blue Sound
    5- Come to Go
    6- Ctch
    7- I Don't Even
    8- No End
    9- One Day
    10- Slow Try
    11- Solitude
    12- Statics
    13- The Lexy Trials 1
    14- The Lexy Trials 2
    15- Things I Don't
    16- Werd
    17- Wrld

Download Here

Any and all feedback greatly appreciated. Even if you check it and don't leave feedback it's appreciated.

2. I will listen to some tracks and take some notes, how did you record?

3. All done with FL Studio and a MIDI controller. Thanks for checking it out man =D

4. Hey man I really like it a lot. Atte was probably my favorite track. You really do not try to do anything too crazy which is important for the sound you are going for.

Definitely a sound that people want to hear right now, sounds similarly to what my friends and I are working on currently.

You definitely seem like you are honed into what you want your style to be, at this point it is just important to keep at it and see where it can take you.

5. woah

just checked out one of em so far.
    fuckin dig it dude!
    gonna listen to your whole album after i get a couple snaps in me :cool:

6. Saw this thread a while ago.

Downloaded it now, pretty decent songs.

What does ctch mean?

I like Be Done the most.

7. Just saw there were some comments I hadn't noticed before. It's awesome that people are checking it out! And ctch doesn't mean anything really haha. When I first started on it I remember there being a small little bit of sound and I thought "that's kinda catchy". Since I can never name titles and I just come up with something mildly random when saving them, I put ctch which to me meant catchy so I'd recognize it later and think "oh that had that catchy part"

Exactly what part of the song struck me as catchy.. I don't remember >.>'. I started it out on a friends computer and it took me months to finally copy it to an external drive and take it home to finish. Kept forgetting or saying "I'll do it later when I'm not fucked up"

8. Couldn't download the album as my internet's too slow. But I listened to your SoundCloud and I definitely dig it!

9. You invited comments; while unique, your overall sound is one dimensional. This might not be the proper description of my impression, which is not negative or meant to pass judgement. I am trying to convey that without the infusion of traditional instruments I am left with a synthetic feel that doesn't carry me into the music and remove me from my world by filling it with yours. Creative expression is a wonder to behold and I thank you for allowing me to hear what must always be inside your head. I hope you continue to interpret this gift for the rest of us.

10. Looking forward to giving this a listen later on tonight, thanks for the free music dude

11. Maybe I missed it but what kind of music is it?

12. Good music, bumping a semi-old thread, but respectively for the purpose of getting this music out there. Good luck OP. One song in, and it's nice.

13. #13 Mogwai, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
    [quote name='"mrjerky"']You invited comments; while unique, your overall sound is one dimensional. This might not be the proper description of my impression, which is not negative or meant to pass judgement. I am trying to convey that without the infusion of traditional instruments I am left with a synthetic feel that doesn't carry me into the music and remove me from my world by filling it with yours. Creative expression is a wonder to behold and I thank you for allowing me to hear what must always be inside your head. I hope you continue to interpret this gift for the rest of us.[/quote]

I appreciate the feedback man. I want to include some more traditional sounds but given my setup it's pretty hard. I've been working on new stuff that has some acoustic guitar to it, and a wider range of drum samples... and I'm honestly pleased with it so far. I feel like my progression is noticeable when compared to older stuff. But still on the note of traditional sounds... the ones I've incorporated aren't exactly driving forces, so if that's what somebody is looking for I still wouldnt suggest anything I've made. Right now the stuff I've got in progress is the same as this but a bit more polished with some traditional sounding things in the background.. but in time I would like to do some stuff where the traditional things take the forefront and the stuff I'm doing now is more in the background just supporting it. But given my knowledge of mixing and my setup options it might be a while before I can do that unless I find somebody to collaborate with

But alas my laptop broke a few months ago so production is on hold. I'm saving up for repairs though so hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer. All it is is a broke AC Jack, but I don't have the skills to fix it myself and I'm too scared to risk it because I don't want to lose the tracks =\…

Making my music more immersing is possibly my main goal right now. It's hard as fuck though I gotta admit. Sometimes I can't tell of it's the track itself that's the problem, or if I've just heard every part so many times during production that it desensitizes me to it in a way that I can't become immersed as a new listener could that only hears the final product. So your post helps me see things a little better

And to above post.. I don't really know what to call it. I've heard people say minimal and I can see that. I've even heard the word trance thrown around. That wasn't my intention but if that's what it is I wouldn't be upset. But honestly I don't know. I've heard every part of each song so many times that it's hard for me to classify it, if that even makes sense. Maybe it's just a bunch of sounds, which sounds cool to me. I guess I'll go with that haha

14. I posted a new song on my soundcloud

It's been in the works for months because my computer problems (got a new job so I should have a new PC soon! so lots of new stuff to come).. But I got a chance to work on it tonight and kinda finish it up. I don't know if I'll go back and polish it up or add anything because it's all on a friends PC, but yeah, here it is. Any feedback at all is highly appreciated. It was all made while high =D

Tez by Soundteq on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Try listening with headphones. I haven't had a chance to even try really mixing some things to where they sound strong, so things like laptop speakers leave a lot sounder smaller than they really are.

I suck at mixing.

15. Checking it out now!

16. OP if it makes you feel better, your music helps me sleep at night, it also is nice to listen to while on some unmentionables.

17. Yo this album is MASSIVE in my town! My friend burned a few discs a while back and now everyone has it, at least 10000 people , you should really do a tour here man you would sell out seats!

18. Well what you waiting on? Get over to Scotland and give the fans what they want!

19. I downloaded and will continue to check it out over the next day or so. So far I like it a lot though. I'm always impressed with what people can do with FL Studio.

I'm currently learning how to use FL Studio 10, just getting the hang of things. I was kinda wondering 2 things;

Do you play any instruments or have prior music-playing experience?

And do you have any tips for me on getting better with the program?