White widow max dwc

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by toke-a-mon, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Just re balanced the ph yesterday so we will see what happens. Hopefully they will be alright. Heres pics as of last night

Attached Files:

2. Update. One seems to have bounced back quick the other seems like growth has slowed.

Attached Files:

3. Changed nutes to full strength. Seem to be doing alright so far.

Attached Files:

4. #44 sir grow alot, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
    What up toke-a! Ur babes look great...if I'm not mistaken white widow max is ww x big bud??? But I could be wrong...anyways I have two growing myself along with some jillybean. Your white widow is a couple weeks ahead of mine so I'll be here to see how your adventure goes...

One question...do u know ur ec/ppm?

5. Glad to hear I got someone watching. I don't know my ec/ppm. I know I know I need to get a meter. I've just been following the nute schedule on the GH flora series label.

6. Well shit if u can get away without one and still get desired results then more power to u!!!!!:smoke:

Happy growing....keep them updates going!!! :hello:

7. #47 gardenofease, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    Nice setup toke, I run DWC also. I'd recommend dropping $20 on the GH pH dropper test and pH up&down. Plants can get too much/little nutrients if the ph is off which can cause all kinds of crazy colors and patterns on your leaves (deficiencies). The nute solution usually needs to be adjusted even with fresh water and nutes.
    Also, purified water from the grocery store @ ~ .70 cents/gal is well worth the money.

One more suggestion if I may; might be late for this but perhaps next time you could germ 8 (double your bucket count) in jiffy pots, veg for a week or so then flip to 12 12 for a day or two to find the sex. I'm not sure if this would turn the plants into retards but once you figure the sex, just rinse the dirt off the seedlings and transplant them in your DWC where they should take off on a reg veg schedule.

Nice job so far though! Are those empty propane tanks your using for reservoirs?

8. Thanks for the feedback. I do have a ph up down kit from GH. Just don't have an actual meter to know to a t what the ph is. Been working alright so far. I still have 6 seeds left so with those six next time I may do that you explained it well and got me thinking about it. (Props). I'm thinking about veging one more week at full strength nutes before switching to 12/12 any one have any objections to that. I just know it's gonna double to triple in size and don't want to worry about running out of space or crowding the space. Any input would be great. I'll keep posting updates. Thanks
    Oh almost forgot. No they are not propane tanks. They are actually "whey protien" containers. They hold just under 2 gallons of water but they seem to work great. I have pics of a trial grow in one that worked great except it was male :-(.

Attached Files:

9. One more week of veg.. well post this pictures in a week and let see what it looks like first.. Your leaves look yellow/greenish suggesting Nitrogen deficiency, so perhaps increase that by 1/4 of your current solution.

You could do what I'm planning to do in order to make sure you don't run out head room.. super crop! Look it up! It's a primitive technique which I've accidentally done in the past and noticed a lot of growth afterwords in that particular spot. If you do it the right way it will require you to veg an extra week or two afterwords but I'm sure it's worth it.

p.s. You'll have to top your buckets off twice a day to keep water levels consistent during flowering. I suggest picking up 5 gal buckets and transferring your setup by the time you start pre flower.

10. Yea I agree with garden.

Super cropping is the way to go for sure, anytime I've ran a side by side (super crop vs. Not) the super cropped plant always has higher yeilds due to the canopy effect I shoot for....

I'm currently supper cropping my jillybean if u wanna check it out hit up the pics in my current grow....

Happy growing:smoke:

11. hi hope you dont mind me taking a seat. i got a white widwo max in a 50lt dwc, going prettey well 4 weeks left of 12/12. they take 9 to 10 weeks. i have difficulty getting ec right, feed what you like in veg but if you go much above 0.6 in flower they really dont like it. Leafes curl bud small and dry. Wondering what EC you have been feeding. :wave:

12. Interesting grow. I'll be watching this one close. :wave:

13. Just a few pics to add to the thread

Attached Files:

14. Babies looking great toke!!

Protein jugs... I love it..I have so many I just threw away..im finishing my last hempy grow and always thought about using them but never did.:D

Anyways good to see ur recycling:smoke:

I know u said u were gonna show pics at switch.. So have u gone to 12/12 now?

15. shooting off branches in all directions enjoy man

16. No I am probably switching next res change. I will put a post up when I switch along with pics. Yeah the protein jugs work pretty good. Gotta find ways to save money when you can, or I'm just cheap. Lol.

17. Don't have to be cheap to save money just smart:cool::smoke:

18. Happy thanksgiving everyone! Smoke and pig out and watch some football! Go Packers!

19. im going to start watching this, so your under cfls and hps now?

20. Just under cfl's right now. Will be under 1 150watt hps and a 250watt cfl 2700k for flower.