Do/Did your parents know you smoked weed? When they found out what was the outcome?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DeepHits, Oct 2, 2011.

1. [quote name='"Carebearsx3"']

Sounds like permission to grow. :p[/quote]

Actually had my dad helped me set my little grow up today. Didn't have much materials and he's making them stretch

2. Back in high school my dad had found a bowl pack of weed and both my bowls. I came home and he was sitting on the couch with my shit on the coffee table. They threatened to send me to rehab but never did. Havent mentioned it since, im not sure if they think i quit or just dont give a shit now . But they stay out of it now .

3. [quote name='"LongboardStoned"']My parents never found out but I rarely smoked when I lived with my parents. Never in my house & stayed out long enough to not come home super blazed.

Living with only your gf makes everything easier.

If they did find out, though, my dad wouldn't care a whole lot, he smokes for his pain [it's not legal back in AZ though]. My mom would flip a shit.[/quote]

Uhh we have medicinal here bro.

4. I straight up told my parents. I didn't start smoking until after high school so that played some part of it. But I knew my Dad had smoked and then after telling my Mom I found out that she also at one point smoked. They were pretty okay with it, we don't really ever bring it up because I have two siblings that are much younger than I am,

5. My dad was a stoner so he knew right away and didn't care as long as I kicked him a nug. When I finally had the guts to tell my mother, she personally suggested that I get a medical recommendation so I can be safer about it xD
    As long as I have a job and a plan for the future (a.k.a. moving out of the house xD) they don't see any problems. It's better than drinking and driving after all.

6. I got busted twice. First time they had no idea and got piss and threw away my pipe and weed, plus I wasn't allowed to use my car for awhile. Second time they did the same thing. When I was busted both times I debated with them about it for so long trying to convince them it's not bad but their logic is "no drugs in our house"... yet my dad had Oxycontin for his knee (has gotten a ton of surgery on it). They're scared I'm going to get in trouble with the law... even though I live in BRITISH COLUMBIA.

7. [quote name='"Perfekt"']I straight up told my parents. I didn't start smoking until after high school so that played some part of it. But I knew my Dad had smoked and then after telling my Mom I found out that she also at one point smoked. They were pretty okay with it, we don't really ever bring it up because I have two siblings that are much younger than I am,[/quote]

This is also my problem: I have two younger siblings. One, I'm sure knows I smoke, and the other, I doubt he even knows about pot outside of his DARE education.
    What do you do about this? Like with the smell, bongs, etc.

8. yeah, my parents were bad influences though. they let me do whatever.

9. I used to smoke all the time in my room when i was like 16 with my friend, we'd put a fan in the window and blow it outside. Many times my mom came around the corner at like midnight to smoke a butt and would like go "RAH " into the fan, scaring the shit out of us and making it wicked sketchy. like 4 months later, I picked up my first grinder and an ounce. My friend was with me and we came home and went in my room and started breaking some up with it. My mom opens the door and picked up the grinder and cool whip container of bud, and was like "Mine has dolphins on it.." I was like what? she's like "my grinder!" and opened the cool whip, "whaat, you're not going to share?" I was like take whatever i guess, but she told me she didn't feel like smoking. She smokes like 1:3 months and if i get danks i always give her a nug it lasts her like a year, smoked with her and my good friends a couple times. She doesn't care about any of it as long as it takes place outside.

My dad found my home made gasmask and was mad cause i was 16, but now im 18 and he doesn't care, I left him a FAT joint on fathers day [kingsize] and a zippo that i got engraved with a potleaf on it, and the engraving was Happy fathers Day or something lame, but the joint wasnt on his nightstand next day :smoke:

10. Oh man, I've been on that ride a few too many times. The first few times were pretty damaging - but my parents are very, very melodramatic. They caught me drinking a (one, 1, singular) beer at a friend's house and called me an alcoholic, no joke. So it's hard to take me seriously when my mom gets on a soapbox about this shit again.

Ever since I caught my dad smoking he's been a lot more chill though... hmm.. :smoke:

11. They were fucking pissed.

12. I've known my Mom smoked for a while, and i knew my Dad did, and he used to grow.
    She always had suspicions that i would, because even before i started, i was intrested about what it does to your mind/body etc and i always asked her questions.

One day, i was in the kitchen and told my friend to come over in an hour, because my Mom will be out, and our house smells of weed anyway, because she openly smokes in the house. My Mom was in the front room just about to leave, and my friend comes to mine 20 minutes early, lets himself in as he always does and just says "Yo! I got a sick deal, let's smoke!"

My Mom just gets up and leaves for work, walking straight past my friend who's face had dropped and didn't talk about it to me until the next day. She was so chilled with it, explained that if used right it can be life changing(for the better), and then told me about spending your money wisely on it.
    Since then, we smoke all the time together with my friends. :D:smoke:

13. My parents were long divorced when I tried cannabis for the first time. I was 18, and Mom and I had a nice yelling argument. Since she was an alcoholic, she really couldn't say much. She also knew how much I hated needles, so she didn't worry about me moving on to anything "unmentionable". She tried cannabis for the first time at my wedding reception. She said it got her "mildly tranquilized". :smoke:

My Dad took it better. He talked to me on the phone about my brother using it . He wasn't upset about either of us using it- more that we (especially my brother) might get busted. He belonged to Toastmasters and had taken the "All drugs should be legalized" side of the debate- for a good old southern boy, he was pretty liberal!

Once when he was visiting us, I felt a headache coming on. I explained it helped and I was going to smoke one. His only comment was that my pot smelled a hell of a lot better than my brother's did! lol Then we went back to the topic (family history) we had been talking about earlier. Never did light one up with him. :(

Granny :wave:

14. i got caught once so my parents know i used to. they both hate it, my dad more though. my dad thinks its the same as heroin and my mom thinks its similar to heroin but not quite as bad. my mom also caught me with a brand new unused bubbler like a month after i got busted the first time. dont think they know i do now, but my mom might becuz she called me out on smelling smoky once, though she didnt specify weed.

ive been thinking of telling them, just cuz hiding it is annoying and i dont wana get caught. they really dont have any reason to complain, i get almost all As and i take every honors and AP class my school has. if i tell them and they flip i can just smoke at friends houses/the woods or start hiding my bud in really good spots.

15. One of my friends did the extremely stupid thing of just casually leaving a roach outside for my mum to find. She was just like "what is this?", so I had to come clean. So she pretty much just said that it was okay as long as it wasn't indoors.

Still, she knows I'm doing well at university and life in general, so...

16. Yes they do but i really dont give a fuck cuz they both smoke too so wenever they bitch at me for smoking i just say "i do nothing u dont do" and they deny that smoke and say "i quit i havent in a long time" and then i catch them smoking or i find their stash and just have a good laugh

17. First time my mom found all my stuff and broke everything (4 pipes 2 bongs) had a loud yelling argument of me dropping knowledge breaking all her lies that she's been told but she still didn't like it and was crying the whole time she was yelling at me, second time she found weed and unmentionables and let's just say things got real...

18. I know both my parents used to smoke. And my mom would always joke with me about it. So one day I was talking to her on the phone (I was away at college) and I answered laughing. She says, "why are you so happy? You haven't been smoking the ganja have you?" Kidding around. I was like, "not right now. Haha" then she got really quiet and said she had to go. She didn't talk to me for the next two days, but finally she just accepted it. I smoked with her at home just a week ago, so I know she's cool with me smoking now. As for my dad, he doesn't know...and I won't let him find out until I move away for good lol according to my mom he used to get super sketched out when high, and I don't want to deal with that....I think he secretly knows though. I'm always the one he asks for a lighter:}

19. my mom and dad were both stoned off their asses high when i was concieved so ya but i was smoking a blunt in the garage when my mom pulled up in her truck and she could smell it i said it was a cigar she just said ok and walked away then i told her a week later and she was like i know i didnt wanna ruin ur high

20. [quote name='"PackItIn"'] Now I'm in 10th grade and she smokes alot more.[/quote]

Lol prepare for the age popo be butthurt about you being underage